Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 05:47 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,583 times

Advertisements

Hi Cheryl
It's The Mountaintop Mercantile in Cloudcroft. A grocery market right across the street from the Allsups. There's a wonderful bakery in there, with fresh bread, donuts, and - of course - PIE

Nan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 06:03 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Thanks Nan. I just realized you changed your name to egglady when I read this thread today.
Do you sell eggs?

Old 08-20-2007, 06:10 PM

Yep I do batik egg art and ostrich eggshell jewelry. There's a link to my website in my profile if you want to take a look (click on the username in my post to see my profile).

Nan

Old 08-20-2007, 06:41 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by egglady View Post
Yep I do batik egg art and ostrich eggshell jewelry. There's a link to my website in my profile if you want to take a look (click on the username in my post to see my profile).

Nan
I'm very impressed with the necklaceses like the Gecko and the Liliy of the Valley (correct) as i didn't even know these exist....so i hope your very sucessful and I may purchase a few around the holidays.....

And of course it never hurts to support the Hometown folk......

Old 08-20-2007, 06:49 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
Like Nan said its the best route. But once you get into Timberon there are lots of roads. Hope you have good directions on getting there. Its so great up there.
The drive from Cloudcroft is about 45 mn to 1 hr. Depends on how you drive. You can't go fast on the roads, but so pretty to see.
Chilegal....if anyone would know it would be you....

O.k. i know how to get to Timberon via Sunspot via Cloudcroft (love Haynes Vista) and also the other way by going up to Mayhill then up to Weed/Sacramento then to Pinon and over to Timberon.....

But when you leave Alamo on U.S. 54 like your heading to El Paso and just at the end of the Mountain Rainge there is a dirt road turnoff that i believe goes all the way up to Timberon?? am i correct....I almost took that way years back but worried i may have gotten lost up there having never been that way before with lots of different dirt roads and what not.....

Thanks ....harry!

Old 08-20-2007, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
I'm very impressed with the necklaceses like the Gecko and the Liliy of the Valley (correct) as i didn't even know these exist....so i hope your very sucessful and I may purchase a few around the holidays.....

And of course it never hurts to support the Hometown folk......
Thanks so much for your kind words! I do enjoy the egg art, and am always on the lookout for inspiration. I want to do some mexican talavera design and definitely will have to come up with a Timberon theme egg. As soon as I am settled in better and can drag out all my supplies.

Nan

Old 08-20-2007, 07:47 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,024,527 times
Quote:

But when you leave Alamo on U.S. 54 like your heading to El Paso and just at the end of the Mountain Rainge there is a dirt road turnoff that i believe goes all the way up to Timberon?? am i correct....I almost took that way years back but worried i may have gotten lost up there having never been that way before with lots of different dirt roads and what not.....

Thanks ....harry!
Harry My DH and his brother went that way a few years ago, got 2 flat tires... Thankfully Josie had plug kits. Heard it was washed out last year after the flooding.. Cheryl, that may be a road trip on the ATV's....
Jane

Old 08-21-2007, 08:47 AM

Quote:

O.k. i know how to get to Timberon via Sunspot via Cloudcroft (love Haynes Vista) and also the other way by going up to Mayhill then up to Weed/Sacramento then to Pinon and over to Timberon.....

Thanks ....harry!
Harry,
I think that's the road we were going to take last time we we up there. One of the maps suggested that road. We asked the realtor about it and she said No. Not a very good road.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egglady View Post
Thanks so much for your kind words! I do enjoy the egg art, and am always on the lookout for inspiration. I want to do some mexican talavera design and definitely will have to come up with a Timberon theme egg. As soon as I am settled in better and can drag out all my supplies.

Nan
Very nice. I love artwork of any form.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
What's the name of this place that has pies, etc.?
Yummy.
We'll be in Timberon next week on the 24th.
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Cheryl
What a fool I am sometimes. We will be in Timberon the 31 and not the 24th. Time for the ATV riding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico