Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 02:49 PM

492 posts, read 1,043,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullfun View Post
The problem in my case is that the landlord can said that he wasn't renting the place.
If a paper from the previous tenant is not an evidence what can I find.
Take whatever evidence you have to small claims court and make your case. Most likely it will be obvious to the judge that the landlord is lying. Small claims court judges don't expect undeniable evidence, they largely go on who they believe. The judge is unlikely to think that you took the time & effort to file and go to court to lie so perfectly just to get back part of the rent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 03:41 PM

53 posts, read 94,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalhop View Post
... they largely go on who they believe.
I'm wonder if it's can be a problem if the judgment take place in my small town.
It's possible that the judge known my landlord and would be disposed to believe him more than me.
Is it possible to chose the place where the judgment take place, for example in Albuquerque?

Last edited by skullfun; 04-24-2013 at 03:55 PM..

Old 04-24-2013, 05:46 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,201,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullfun View Post
I'm wonder if it's can be a problem if the judgment take place in my small town.
It's possible that the judge known my landlord and would be disposed to believe him more than me.
Is it possible to chose the place where the judgment take place, for example in Albuquerque?
You can see who the judges are in your county (it's a county level thing) via a web search.

You can't shop for a venue in Albuquerque if the deed didn't go down in Bernalillo County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico