Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2016, 08:12 PM

2 posts, read 3,147 times

Advertisements

Hi my name is Elizabeth and my Son and I are looking for a place to live in Alamogordo NM USA that is pet friendly. We would prefer a house/ mobile home outside of town with plenty of land and the possibility of buying a home in the future. Please let me know if there is anything around I would appreciate all the help I can get since we don't know the area. Weather in fall,winter and spring especially and average humidity hopefully there is none. We would like a rural area and land with or without option to buy. All responses will be appreciated thank you very much. Elizabeth
P.S. if the temperature drops to around the 30's or lower than that I would like to find something that has a wood burning fireplace or stove if possible I would also like an older home or even a small farm. Thank you again.

Last edited by ElizabethLHMchenryil; 07-06-2016 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: Add something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 03:05 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,162,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethLHMchenryil View Post
We would prefer a house/ mobile home outside of town with plenty of land and the possibility of buying a home in the future.
There are plenty of "modest" rural homes of various types, including many mobile and modular homes.
"Plenty of land" can mean anything from a half-acre and up and there are many "modest" homes on small acreages. Whether you'll be able to find something you would want to live in is mostly a matter of being able to drive around and look when you arrive, as well as perusing the various ad sources (local newspapers, Craigslist, real estate web sites, etc.). Best of luck to you.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,147 times
Thank you for your reply and I will start looking for a place what are the names of some of your local newspapers? I am sorry I am very unfamiliar with this town and I have been doing a lot of research on where the place I would like to call home is about. You didn't really answer my question on the weather can you please help me with that I am not well and I have to get away from humidity really bad as well as how cold it gets up here in the fall winter and spring. I would appreciate any response thank you.
Elizabeth

Old 07-08-2016, 02:35 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,452,272 times
Alamogordo is a small city. There's only one newspaper, the Alamogordo Daily News.

Old 07-08-2016, 05:49 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,162,402 times
Quote:
You didn't really answer my question on the weather ...
Have you looked at this City Data page on Alamogordo information? It has just about everything you need to know about statistical data for the area:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Alamogordo-New-Mexico.html

What isn't apparent is that Alamogordo is but a half-hour drive from the mountain-top village of Cloudcroft and the Lincoln National forest. Because it's 5,000 ft. higher in elevation than Alamogordo, it's MUCH cooler in the summer, as well as winter, and provides a welcome respite from the high desert environment of Alamogordo.

Old 07-11-2016, 11:58 AM

25 posts, read 39,011 times
Quote:
Hi my name is Elizabeth and my Son and I are looking for a place to live in Alamogordo NM USA that is pet friendly. We would prefer a house/ mobile home outside of town with plenty of land and the possibility of buying a home in the future. Please let me know if there is anything around I would appreciate all the help I can get since we don't know the area. Weather in fall,winter and spring especially and average humidity hopefully there is none. We would like a rural area and land with or without option to buy. All responses will be appreciated thank you very much. Elizabeth
P.S. if the temperature drops to around the 30's or lower than that I would like to find something that has a wood burning fireplace or stove if possible I would also like an older home or even a small farm. Thank you again.
There is a site similar to craigs list in the are called Bookoo. You can google Holloman Bookoo or Holloman Yard sales and look under the housing options. There is a lot available.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:17 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,524,808 times
My wife and I live in Bent 50% of the time which is 20 minutes North East and maybe 15 degrees cooler. You might look up there or even in next-door Tularosa. It seems to be friendlier and has a nice quaint look. Not expensive ..

Good luck with your pet- My neighbors and us often end up being a repository for pets - they put them in my acreage across the street. Dogs go to my neighbor she boards horses and there is a troop of dogs. All good for short-term and free.

Unless you don't have a car try those places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico