Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2008, 10:23 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,221,152 times

Advertisements

I don't know about y'all... but I want to know about those other security features. Anybody thinking RFID tracking? Men in black knocking at your door?

Here's the link:

http://www.idnm.us/idnm/overview.html

I'm sure there has to be somebody on this forum with the new ID.

If so... how long was the wait time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 10:44 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,186,940 times
I got me a new ID a while back.

If you have your old ID, they punch a hole in it, give it back to you, and give you a real easy-to-forge black-n-white temporary license which expires about a month after you get it.

I suppose it was about a week, maybe 1 1/2 weeks, until my new one showed up, in my mailbox, in a distinctive-looking envelope. If I was ever going to steal somebody's identity, this would be a very easy and effective way to do it.

The new features on there include a 2-D bar code (no idea what's on it), the good old magstripe (probably plenty of good stuff on there), and the usual stuff. Holographic applique and some moiré stuff in the back.

My biggest gripe about the old license was putting the date of birth in the very lower right corner of the card, where the most significant digits are most susceptible to breaking off. Had to replace that old license twice because that very thing happened. Luckily, they've moved it to a much more central part of the card.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 7,124 times
it's been 26 days, how come my originals driver license. have not arrived in my mail box yet???

Old 09-22-2010, 12:59 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,409,363 times
chuongdinh - you need to call the MVD that issued your drivers license, and ask them. They can help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico