Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2008, 06:00 PM

2 posts, read 8,013 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm about move to NM for at least six months, and I'm interested in finding a casita or cabin to rent out in the country. (I'm a writer and artist, taking some time off to do my work)

Any ideas on websites or other sources of information where I could find listings?

I've looked on a craigslist--the SF list had some things that looked promising, but the others not so much. I haven't narrowed it down to one particular area yet, though probably not too high in elevation, since I don't want to deal with too much snow and cold. Otherwise, cheapish (<$600?), accessible w/o 4wd, within 60-90 min. of a decent size town (ABQ, LC, SF). Adobe and woodstove or fireplace would be nice.

Am I dreaming? Help me out here. : }
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 05:09 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Please help this lady. I will be looking for the same thing in the near future.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:28 AM

185 posts, read 488,791 times
Default OK in south?

Hi Violin lady,

Are you looking for north or south? If south is OK, may I suggest Carrizozo? This is a beautiful little artist community about 25 miles outside of Ruidoso with a ton of art galleries and neat shops. They have an annual burrow fund raising sale where the artists take a cast-iron burrow and creat a piece of art in the most imaginative manner. It is litterally a stone's throw from the Valley of Fires rec area, and very close to the Lincoln National Forest. It is an easy drive to Lincoln, which is a facinating area if you enjoy the legends of the old west. Of course, if you need an intergalactic fix, you are not far from Roswell (although I was surprised to learn the crash site was actually near Capitan). 'Zozo is not too far from White Oaks and Capitan, and really a nice area. People are fantastic and the rent should be within your range for a cute litle home. Plus if you enjoy the night sky, grab a bottle of wine, head out by the airport and after 20 minutes and your eyes get used to the complete lack of man-man lights and see one of the most fantastic views of the milky way on this earth. (Wow, I'm sounding like a real estate agent, aren't I?) Good luck!

Old 10-08-2008, 05:00 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Last time we stopped in Carrizozo (too long ago BTW) we had an old fashioned ice cream soda at the old drug store/soda fountain downtown. IIRC it was run by a retired druggist tired of the Ohio winters. I wonder if he is still there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico