Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 04:25 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times

Advertisements

Fischer_girl, someone told me last year that your spider is called a "jumping spider" but I don't know what the official name is. I had one last year, ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 07:27 PM

405 posts, read 1,334,897 times
Hmmmm. I looked it up...but there is something about the four eyes that all jumping spiders have that my guy didn't. The way they stick out... Jumping spider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Maybe I just need to stop being a miss must know everything" and accept the fact that he was here and didn't hurt me.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:12 PM

557 posts, read 2,610,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fischer_girl View Post
Hmmmm. I looked it up...but there is something about the four eyes that all jumping spiders have that my guy didn't. The way they stick out... Jumping spider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Maybe I just need to stop being a miss must know everything" and accept the fact that he was here and didn't hurt me.
Some spiders are easier to identify. Even the experts admit that some spiders are extremely difficult to identify. Your spider doesn't look like a jumping spider to me, Fischer_girl. Number of eyes and placement is important, too.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:32 PM

405 posts, read 1,334,897 times
Thats it...Im throwing in the towel!

Old 10-10-2009, 10:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,277 times
That's the smartest post yet, I was waiting for one thank you hawk1. All the folks who go and RAID yourself into oblivion because of a ridiculous fear are clearly not thinking outside the box. Not only are you doing more damage to yourself and the environment but your also helping along all the real nasty biting bugs by eliminating their main form of population control. Humans are such sissies. You could all get over that fear by simply letting one crawl on your hand (you'll see how fast it tries to get away from you for fear of being exterminated). Roaches...squash em. Spiders...put em outside. RAID is for puny fear driven humans. My six year old girl catches, (tries to identify them) and feeds them. The fear is brandished and unnatural. By the way I'm no expert but I agree with either "wolf" or "funnel web".

Old 10-10-2009, 11:09 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,021,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaquoia View Post
That's the smartest post yet, I was waiting for one thank you hawk1. All the folks who go and RAID yourself into oblivion because of a ridiculous fear are clearly not thinking outside the box. Not only are you doing more damage to yourself and the environment but your also helping along all the real nasty biting bugs by eliminating their main form of population control. Humans are such sissies. You could all get over that fear by simply letting one crawl on your hand (you'll see how fast it tries to get away from you for fear of being exterminated). Roaches...squash em. Spiders...put em outside. RAID is for puny fear driven humans. My six year old girl catches, (tries to identify them) and feeds them. The fear is brandished and unnatural. By the way I'm no expert but I agree with either "wolf" or "funnel web".

my g/f used to play with tarantulas when she was a kid, she wouldnt dare touch one now and besides, kids like to play with bugs.

and you can gather all the bugs you want and have yourself some spiritual bug gathering but I will kill any bug I see, not cause Im a sissie, but cause I dont want it in my living space or around me, and rather than pick it up and put it outside, I pick it up and watch it take a ride down the toilet.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:17 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,360,450 times
Why use Raid? A shoe is handier.

Is it therapy time yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico