Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 09:41 AM

26 posts, read 42,649 times

Advertisements

I was born in the STL area and lived there 49 yrs until I moved to Ala. 12 yrs ago. We drove to Las Vegas NV in 2007 and took I-40. We stopped overnight in Moriarity on the way to LV and then 1 night in ABQ on the way back to Ala. If I wanted to live in NM with no snow, winter temps no lower than 40F, summers any temp where would I live? I'd need a good retail place to start a lady's boutique, doctors that could handle my allergies, asthma, chronic bronchitis when they flare up and 5 yr post cancer follow-ups. I need a safe living area, and a place to rent (house over apt.) to start for me and the fur children. Cheap of course. Is there such a place there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 11:27 AM

5,667 posts, read 6,592,916 times
No place in NM would be completely snow free or has winter lows that stay above 40F, but Las Cruses and Alamogordo are the warmest and should meet your other requirements pretty well.

NM isn't really "cheap" though... depends on what you are used to.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rruff View Post
No place in NM would be completely snow free or has winter lows that stay above 40F, but Las Cruses and Alamogordo are the warmest and should meet your other requirements pretty well.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have been researching those areas for a year or so. The warmer the winter the better, and of course little or no snow is the best. We get maybe a few inches of snow every 2 years or so here. 49 years of snow in MO is more than enough to last 100 years.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:39 PM

Snow would definitely be a non-issue in LC or surrounding areas. I see home prices are dropping slightly, crime is down, and unemployment is low.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Las-Cr...ew-Mexico.html

LAS CRUCES, NEW MEXICO - Climate Summary

Old 12-20-2011, 11:43 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruff View Post

this

Old 12-21-2011, 08:03 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,160,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck in Dixie View Post
If I wanted to live in NM with no snow, winter temps no lower than 40F, summers any temp where would I live?
You're more likely to find your utopia in Phoenix or Tucson, AZ - or any other town/city in southern NV or CA.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:29 AM

I guess that is true if you *really* don't care how hot it gets.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:34 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,160,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
You're more likely to find your utopia in Phoenix or Tucson, AZ - or any other town/city in southern NV or CA.
The OP said: "...summers any temp where would I live?"

I mentioned So. Cal. but would guess that to be a much more expensive option even though temps are relatively constant year around. There aren't too many places in the USA where it NEVER gets below 40F - and stays livable on the hottest summer days without tons of refrigerated air.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:27 PM

I'll take the easy way out and thank everyone as a group. Summers in STL & ALA are always 90 + so I'm used to it. You do have A/C in NM, right? LOL. I have been following the blizzard in NM for the last few days and I want no part of it. Cali is out of the question since I am 110% GOP/Conservative. I couldn't even begin to think about living in that hell hole let alone be able to afford to pay the taxes there. Thanks again for the replies.

Old 12-24-2011, 04:45 PM

90+ doesn't really prepare you for 110+ (Phoenix or Yuma, etc). Las Cruces isn't that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico