Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2019, 01:56 PM

61 posts, read 55,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It's weird but new Orleans is all of those things, super friendly and open and potentially very violent...it's contradictory but that's New Orleans. If they ever got their crime under control, what a great city it would be (and expensive).
It's expensive now, and yet the crime is far from being under control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2019, 05:24 PM

804 posts, read 545,587 times
Burlesque houses like the ones from fiction and .......via the Mississippi

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threa...*-house.18350/

In my opinion it is a party state or a place where you can burn your income at a cheap rate. A pair of local elevator repair-men ( Who English language is second ) with foreign accents basically go down the New Orleans to "party" every year. They love it like no tomorrow.

My college professor claims "The north is so mild and peaceful in comparison with the south".

Also last time I was in Georgia this guy literally was casual about "he is not scared he got his gun ( mentioned type )" like it was nothing. Where I am that is an office joke about upset employees but for the guy to be casual just shows the methodology of thinking.

That being said many women ( older women ) have to suckered into going south. A funny story, about my aunt in-law. She rented a time-share and everywhere when going out there was a lot of guys with jeans in tee-shirts walking around. Of course we all know why she wanted to rent the Time-share and why those guys was walking around shirtless.

Not speaking of New Orleans but more religiously pro states. Older women bring the younger women and the younger women get married. Then people want to be close to each others families. So they move down south. As time rolls by everybody will encourage families to come and live ( retirement money ) and eventually you will have a passive community of young people living with old ( elderly ) people.

New Oreleans also have Mardi Gras, beads, topless naked walking around. People who never seen the boobs of other complexions. Famous for parties and crazies of all sorts.

Of course the South in general has a problem with class associated with dialect of speech which can indicate where you come from in the area. Like a person from Texas v. a person from Carolinas v. a person from Louisianian. That is another issue in itself.

Party party party is the what New Orleans is known for. I am sure they have shot girls still. Do they have shot sellers walking about?

That being the south is also the birth place of horror genre.

That is the end of my two cents

Old 10-10-2019, 06:27 PM

530 posts, read 1,131,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
People don't commit crimes because they are poor. If they did, then all poor people would be commiting crimes. Poor people, like every other economic group, who commit a crime do so because they CHOOSE to commit a crime.

Being poor is an excuse for commiting a crime.
That is true, but we are talking about non-white collar crime. We are talking about street crime. I believe white collar crime isn't detected nor are those incarcerated, etc. as street crime. We are also talking about racism. We are also talking about those in poverty stricken areas are probably not white collar and probably not that educated esp if said person went to a public school in New Orleans, which is also another example of racism and the imbalance of power . We are talking 400 plus years of slavery, Jim Crow Laws, segregation, etc. That definitely is the impact. We need better schools and New Orleans is full of the Worst schools in America.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:07 AM

643 posts, read 978,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mading6 View Post
That is true, but we are talking about non-white collar crime. We are talking about street crime. I believe white collar crime isn't detected nor are those incarcerated, etc. as street crime. We are also talking about racism. We are also talking about those in poverty stricken areas are probably not white collar and probably not that educated esp if said person went to a public school in New Orleans, which is also another example of racism and the imbalance of power . We are talking 400 plus years of slavery, Jim Crow Laws, segregation, etc. That definitely is the impact. We need better schools and New Orleans is full of the Worst schools in America.
Do you know how many bad schools there are in America? Plenty...so to say New Orleans has the worst is just irresponsible to say, dumb, and not true. Rebuilt schools and better test scoring prove that your notion is incorrect.

Old 10-14-2019, 03:58 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sconley9922 View Post
Do you know how many bad schools there are in America? Plenty...so to say New Orleans has the worst is just irresponsible to say, dumb, and not true. Rebuilt schools and better test scoring prove that your notion is incorrect.
Yes, I wouldn't say New Orleans public schools or the city as a whole is any more dysfunctional than Baltimore, Philadelphia, Detroit, Chicago, Newark, Washington DC (beyond the gentrified areas), or many such cities across the nation.

Old 10-25-2019, 11:10 PM

530 posts, read 1,131,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sconley9922 View Post
Please don't pretend that New Orleans is filled with good public schools. You are obviously in serious denial of the public school system in New Orleans Parish and even Jefferson Parish. There is a reason why there are so many private schools (including Catholic) in New Orleans. I dont know many people who would send their kids to public schools in New Orleans.

I'm sorry I should say Louisiana ranks in the top 10 of worst schools in America.

Old 10-26-2019, 02:56 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
welfare and voodo

Old 10-26-2019, 06:42 PM

1,045 posts, read 759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
Burlesque houses like the ones from fiction and .......via the Mississippi

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threa...*-house.18350/

In my opinion it is a party state or a place where you can burn your income at a cheap rate. A pair of local elevator repair-men ( Who English language is second ) with foreign accents basically go down the New Orleans to "party" every year. They love it like no tomorrow.

My college professor claims "The north is so mild and peaceful in comparison with the south".

Also last time I was in Georgia this guy literally was casual about "he is not scared he got his gun ( mentioned type )" like it was nothing. Where I am that is an office joke about upset employees but for the guy to be casual just shows the methodology of thinking.

That being said many women ( older women ) have to suckered into going south. A funny story, about my aunt in-law. She rented a time-share and everywhere when going out there was a lot of guys with jeans in tee-shirts walking around. Of course we all know why she wanted to rent the Time-share and why those guys was walking around shirtless.

Not speaking of New Orleans but more religiously pro states. Older women bring the younger women and the younger women get married. Then people want to be close to each others families. So they move down south. As time rolls by everybody will encourage families to come and live ( retirement money ) and eventually you will have a passive community of young people living with old ( elderly ) people.

New Oreleans also have Mardi Gras, beads, topless naked walking around. People who never seen the boobs of other complexions. Famous for parties and crazies of all sorts.

Of course the South in general has a problem with class associated with dialect of speech which can indicate where you come from in the area. Like a person from Texas v. a person from Carolinas v. a person from Louisianian. That is another issue in itself.

Party party party is the what New Orleans is known for. I am sure they have shot girls still. Do they have shot sellers walking about?

That being the south is also the birth place of horror genre.

That is the end of my two cents
The South isn't the birth place of the horror genre. LMAO.

Old 10-26-2019, 08:26 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,965,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
welfare and voodo
The Witch Doctor gonna be lookin' for you!

Old 10-27-2019, 08:44 AM

4,505 posts, read 4,617,056 times
I think alot of the problem in crime ridden cities is a large population of young males being raised by angry females and very few male role models to show them how a respectable honorable man is suppose to behave. The males learn to react to adversity the same way their mother reacts, emotionally rather than rationally, which is often violent.

The goverment has alot to do with it by not allowing a family to receive welfare if there is a man in the house. I think the govt "meant well" to help people "get back on their feet", but the unintended consequences were women choosing not to marry and they started having babies with different men, so they get more govt benefits and child support from each daddy who very seldom comes around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans