Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2013, 08:59 AM

139 posts, read 189,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC10029 View Post
. Good Luck and Cheers!!
For those who had walk-thru already - how was the water pressure and the drains in the bathroom/tub? That is my biggest fear - drains not draining properly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 09:03 AM

184 posts, read 334,221 times
the floor is a manufactured wood product so adding anything to it like a sealant, wax, etc may not adhere to it. You are also required to cover 80% of the floors by carpeting as per the terms of the offering plan.

It could take a bit of time to get everyone moved in...there is a separate mgmt company that will schedule move ins for after closing. Closing will be spaced out as will the move ins so if you can't just show up with the uhaul.

Did anyone notice if the stove is self cleaning? refrigerator has ice maker?

Old 02-07-2013, 09:04 AM

184 posts, read 334,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwayGal View Post
What do you mean by the corking? I want to keep an eye out for my own walkthru. I noticed from my last sighting, the floorboards have the tiniest gap in between the planks. I wondered if that was normal and if I needed to polyurethane over. Otherwise how would you keep the dirt/crumbs from collecting in the cracks?
How dirty are you that you have crumbs in your crack? lol...kidding

Old 02-08-2013, 07:00 AM

26 posts, read 44,298 times
Water pressure was excellent. I did not pay especially close attention to the drain, but the water did drain at a reasonable rate. The refrigerator does have an ice maker/water dispenser, and I didn't notice whether the stove was self-cleaning, but I'm pretty sure almost all stoves now are manufactured to be self-cleaning.

Marshland, question: did you read in the offering plan that it says we need 80% coverage on the floors? Because I asked about that on my walk-through and he didn't actually know for this particular building, but he said he doubts it because that law is usually only for older buildings that have less sound resistance, and these apartments are extremely sound-resistant. But he wasn't positive, so I trust the offering plan if it says it explicitly.

Speaking of sound proof, I literally watched a metronorth train go by with the window shut and it could not have been more silent. pretty awesome.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:05 AM

49 posts, read 79,514 times
The bathroom was a beauty, the flushing is strong, there are two button for the toilet, one for light use while other is for heavy duty. The second flush is strong and the toilet is long. You could put half your leg in there hahaha. Now for the oven I'm not sure about the cleaning part but for the fridge I know it makes ice.. Love the kitchen, so much storage. Also no wiring need for cable, everything is ready and hooked up, all you have to do is show them the box.. My only draw back was that the rooms had no lighting. You have to buy lamps to put where you want.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:14 AM

For those who didn't have their walk thur keep an eye for scratches on the marble counter tops, ours in the bathroom had few. Also look in all your closet there is a lot of paint missing or too much paint dripping. One of the cabinet in the kitchen had a hole. They made it by screwing the cabinet to the wall.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 AM

131 posts, read 338,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lqqk View Post
The bathroom was a beauty, the flushing is strong, there are two button for the toilet, one for light use while other is for heavy duty. The second flush is strong and the toilet is long. You could put half your leg in there hahaha. Now for the oven I'm not sure about the cleaning part but for the fridge I know it makes ice.. Love the kitchen, so much storage. Also no wiring need for cable, everything is ready and hooked up, all you have to do is show them the box.. My only draw back was that the rooms had no lighting. You have to buy lamps to put where you want.

The lighting is also my main pet peeve, I would like to have a ceiling light @least in the living room/area.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:42 AM

16 posts, read 28,309 times
Default Celings

I did my walk thru but forgot to ask are the ceiling and walls concrete, does anybody know?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC10029 View Post
I did my walk thru but forgot to ask are the ceiling and walls concrete, does anybody know?
Ceiling yes, all around not sure.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:51 AM

131 posts, read 338,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaha View Post
Water pressure was excellent. I did not pay especially close attention to the drain, but the water did drain at a reasonable rate. The refrigerator does have an ice maker/water dispenser, and I didn't notice whether the stove was self-cleaning, but I'm pretty sure almost all stoves now are manufactured to be self-cleaning.

Marshland, question: did you read in the offering plan that it says we need 80% coverage on the floors? Because I asked about that on my walk-through and he didn't actually know for this particular building, but he said he doubts it because that law is usually only for older buildings that have less sound resistance, and these apartments are extremely sound-resistant. But he wasn't positive, so I trust the offering plan if it says it explicitly.

Speaking of sound proof, I literally watched a metronorth train go by with the window shut and it could not have been more silent. pretty awesome.
Hi spaha,

yes the 80% coverage on the floors is in the offering plan. I remember my lawyer pointing that out

Last edited by Soontobehomeowner; 02-08-2013 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: error
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery