Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 09:01 PM

11 posts, read 57,146 times

Advertisements

Wow. As expected, no chance. Oh well. Guess I will have to find another one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 09:02 PM

Oh, ok. As expected. I guess that I will have to find another apartment.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:07 PM

Default Oh, ok.

Oh, well. Guess that I will have to find another apartment. How do you get the long number under 3000s?

Old 08-29-2014, 09:09 PM

Oh well guess that I will have to find another apartment. How did you get a very low long number?

Old 08-29-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Dishwasher View Post
Shibuki, you will definitely not get called back. Keep applying for other lotteries.

I got called back from a lottery I applied for about a year ago and my log number was 1559. I doubt we'll get it because they'd prefer to give the unit we want to someone with a community board preference. But we were offered other units and turned them down.

If your number is under 3000 you have a good chance of getting called back. Everyone else, give up hope now.
Ok. Thanks for the info. Oh well, I will have to find another apartment. Anyway, how to get a log number that is under 2,000s or 3,000s?

Old 09-02-2014, 04:35 PM

74 posts, read 170,836 times
You don't control what your log number is. As long as you submit your application before the due date, you'll receive a random log number anywhere from 1 to the number of people who applied. Usually, people will lower log numbers (<3000) will get called back and go through the process.

Keep applying - there are a lot of great buildings coming up in the next few years!

Old 09-06-2014, 07:30 PM

FYI - I got a letter from the 1133 Manhattan management company asking us to come in and bring paperwork. My log number is 6559 with a community board preference. THERE IS HOPE!

If you have a CB preference, you should probably receive a letter soon. It sounds like they're dealing with CB people first before those without preferences.

I will probably not take an apartment in this building because I got called back for another lottery a few months ago and I am waiting to sign the lease. So good luck to you all! I'm happy to answer questions about the process if you have any.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:28 AM

26 posts, read 120,669 times
oh wow, I had cb preference also but havent been contacted

do you happen to have contact info for them so I can contact them?

Old 09-08-2014, 02:27 PM

26 posts, read 120,669 times
Nevermind, looks like I got contacted also, my mail was just running late.

Fingers crossed that the interview process goes smooth.

I_Need_A_Dishwasher I know you already went through this process for Q41 building. How was the interview? Anything I should be aware of?

Old 09-08-2014, 08:46 PM

I feel like the Debbie Downer in this forum, but I'm 70% certain the process will not be smooth and you'll get tossed around a lot. That's what happened to me with Q41, but I ultimately held out for the unit I wanted and ended up getting it.

My advice is when you go in for your interview, have ALL of the documents with you. Bring originals, but make copies of each to give to the 1133 Manhattan office. Read the second page of the letter very carefully and bring all applicable documents. If you have a CB preference, it seems like they'll just process whoever they get documents for first. Also, be upfront about all your assets, bank accounts, etc because they'll let you go through the whole process and sign a lease until the city "discovers" the property that you own and didn't mention on your application and then you'll lose the apartment. That's what happened to the guy who almost got the unit we ended up getting

The building is still well under construction so you probably won't get to see units this go around, but ask to see floor plans and make sure you advocate for the unit of your dreams. In my process with Q41, they tried to show me some units on lower floors that were nice, but not nearly as nice as the one we held out for. So be patient.

Also, stay active here and share your experiences so people know what to expect and hopefully others will do the same for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery