Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2022, 04:12 PM

14 posts, read 19,430 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I was requested to submit the documents for the Two Blue Slip Building (I did it) and now my application is "under review." I am a little surprised since I was requested to submit the documents but I have a high log number... also, I applied to this building in July 2021 and they are contacting me more than 1 year later.

My log number is 10xxx so I don't know if they are really reviewing my application or if they sent the same email to all the log numbers below me, this is, I don't know if I have a real chance of getting the apartment. Also, if they are processing my application, does it mean that 2,000 people rejected the apartment?

I emailed the marketing agent 1 month ago and she told me to wait 4-6 weeks for paperwork processing but she did not confirm if I have any chance of getting the apartment.

Thank you all!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2022, 04:58 PM

644 posts, read 733,654 times
I feel like they always give vague answers because they're can't promise anything. Getting asked for documents not always results in getting an apartment cause they contact a lot more people that units available but if they asked for documents it's cause you might have a chance.

A lot of people withdraw their applications before the process even starts, others apply even if they don't qualify hoping that by the time they get reached out their situation has changed. I sometimes apply to buildings without reading the listing thoroughly due to the excitement lol. Sometimes they take so long that by the time higher logs are reached, the people have already moved on or found a place.

It's really impossible to know how many people are in front of you or have rejected the apartment if they don't tell you.

Old 08-26-2022, 05:06 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,626,371 times
I can’t estimate your chances. With more info a better estimate can be made. But it might not narrow it done much. If you submit documents you will learn something about the process which can serve you if you are in another lottery perhaps a lottery where you have a very low number. The process can take a very long time. At each step there is some wait time. You might get as far as signing a lease even and they might say it will be a month before you can move in.

I will add that people do decline lottery units. Sometimes the location is not right for that applicant or the unit is too small or not at an extreme bargain rent at the time. These are a few reasons why units sometimes go to high log#s.

Last edited by WildAboutHarry; 08-26-2022 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: Add

Old 08-26-2022, 06:21 PM

Thank you so much. I understand better now, honestly, it's the first time I am requested to submit documents and I wanted to learn a little more about the process.

I met all the requirements for the applied lottery in the 130% AMI with no preference. Probably the apartments are tiny or with no views and because of that they are calling high log numbers.

Thanks again!

Old 08-27-2022, 12:08 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roky6212 View Post
Thank you so much. I understand better now, honestly, it's the first time I am requested to submit documents and I wanted to learn a little more about the process.

I met all the requirements for the applied lottery in the 130% AMI with no preference. Probably the apartments are tiny or with no views and because of that they are calling high log numbers.

Thanks again!
Oh that’s not 100% true. It could be because many people either no longer qualify, have gotten better offers or have applied from out of State and deprioritized. 10xxx is not that high of a number. It’s not ideal but it’s not bad either for your AMI. Take hope! You may absolutely get a beautiful apartment with gorgeous views

Old 08-27-2022, 02:38 PM

Thanks!!! absolutely love your positivity!!! I will keep you updated!

Old 08-27-2022, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roky6212 View Post
Thanks!!! absolutely love your positivity!!! I will keep you updated!
I was called with a log number of 15,xxx for VIA 57 west and when I went to view it, it had gorgeous views and a W/D! But I rejected it because it was too small and I didn’t want to throw out furniture. (I also didn’t want to move from a large studio to another studio but smaller). So you just never know - I mean had I just gotten the offer back when I divorced my husband or left my parents house, I absolutely would’ve taken it.

Old 08-28-2022, 03:15 PM

I hope I have the same luck as you! with the apartment (not with the divorce lol)

Thank you!

Old 08-28-2022, 03:32 PM

800 posts, read 729,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I was called with a log number of 15,xxx for VIA 57 west and when I went to view it, it had gorgeous views and a W/D! But I rejected it because it was too small and I didn’t want to throw out furniture. (I also didn’t want to move from a large studio to another studio but smaller). So you just never know - I mean had I just gotten the offer back when I divorced my husband or left my parents house, I absolutely would’ve taken it.
Wish I knew about housing connect when VIA 57 went live. It’s so beautiful

Old 08-28-2022, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost20 View Post
Wish I knew about housing connect when VIA 57 went live. It’s so beautiful
Oh yes it is! And my number was 15,xxx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery