Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 05:06 PM

48 posts, read 38,894 times

Advertisements

What happens when you file is being sent to Compliance Department for review? What comes after that? This is for an housing connect apartment by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2020, 05:24 PM

318 posts, read 280,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quana12 View Post
What happens when you file is being sent to Compliance Department for review? What comes after that? This is for an housing connect apartment by the way.
If you are approved you will be asked to see apartment.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:19 AM

@pinkunicorn0829 I viewed the apartment but still wasn’t approved yet from what I was told...

Old 01-18-2020, 11:28 AM

4,766 posts, read 6,555,721 times
As I understand it, some of the marketing agencies, like Breaking Ground, have this as part of their internal procedure.

After you’re processed by a marketing agent, your file is sent to a supervisor who double-checks that everything has been done correctly. This is called compliance by some of the agencies.

If your file is in order, I believe you will be called in to sign some more paperwork and maybe you will be told which unit is assigned to you. (As I understand it, you must be assigned a unit before HPD can look at your file.)

Then your file is sent to HPD, you hope!

Things that can cause delays:

Mistakes in your file, omissions in your file, people ahead of you in log number who are also waiting to be sent to HPD.

Best of luck!

Old 01-19-2020, 01:01 PM

@macnyc2003 yes I went to see the apartment that was assigned to me already, but when I called to tell the lady I love the unit she said okay great when you are approved we will call you in to sign the lease. I’m not confused because I thought you get approved in then see the apartment and then sign...

Old 09-14-2022, 03:36 PM

25 posts, read 25,995 times
Default Compliance review process

I am currently going through this process. Are you able To now know what that process was like when they say your file was submitted to compliance for review and what are the next steps?

Old 09-14-2022, 04:20 PM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times
The next step is to start packing and hire a mover. Compliance is basically a rubber stamp to check the marketing agent did their work correctly.

Old 09-14-2022, 05:47 PM

125 posts, read 135,493 times
I just recently went through this, I wasn’t approved when I went to view my apartment and then a few days after I viewed it I was approved and signed my lease a week later. Just keep the faith your almost towards the finish line now. Good luck!

Old 09-17-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
The next step is to start packing and hire a mover. Compliance is basically a rubber stamp to check the marketing agent did their work correctly.
I would hope it was really that smooth for me to start packing now but from other people I hear it’s different wait times and unfortunately I don’t know what mines is

Old 09-17-2022, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycgirl91 View Post
I just recently went through this, I wasn’t approved when I went to view my apartment and then a few days after I viewed it I was approved and signed my lease a week later. Just keep the faith your almost towards the finish line now. Good luck!
That is so wonderful congratulations!!!! I haven’t even seen the apartment yet which I’ve been hoping to do so that I can have more faith that I’m getting some where with it you know. Thank you so much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery