Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2019, 03:47 PM

28 posts, read 30,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpling218 View Post
Pratap, it was actually an interview. I have a Male caseworker. Before he saw ANY of my documents he had to explain how the lottery works, tax incentives and some other stuff. Then asked questions. After the questioning, then came the documents that I brought in. He asks roughly about what I made, I was honest. He left calculated and then said I was correct and showed me what bracket I fell into. 3 weeks later I heard from him that I was missing certain documents, which I knew what sent to him because I sent scanned docs to my phone. Then he only gave me 3 days to forward him those documents. My patience had run short, I prayed on it asked him for more time and was able to accomplish within 4 days. It's a grueling process, but hang in there and do what they ask even if it's frustrating. It's called HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT!!!
Hi,
what is your log number , Is there any updates about your application, Coz I had my interview the same day you had yours,and no news yet from my interviewer....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 12:19 PM

Hi all, the management rejected me ,saying inconsistent and unverifiable information in my application, and unverifiable info. regarding household composition coz me and spouse are not legally separated, even though he has been out of the country a year and a half, but I guess they needed a government documentation,they didnt even ask me for additional proof to prove that, just rejected me ....and I dont know even what is that mean by marking on one of the reasons listed on the rejection email that says '' inconsistent or unverifiable info on my application ''...

Old 04-29-2019, 12:22 PM

86 posts, read 146,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayzo View Post
Hi all, the management rejected me ,saying inconsistent and unverifiable information in my application, and unverifiable info. regarding household composition coz me and spouse are not legally separated, even though he has been out of the country a year and a half, but I guess they needed a government documentation,they didnt even ask me for additional proof to prove that, just rejected me ....and I dont know even what is that mean by marking on one of the reasons listed on the rejection email that says '' inconsistent or unverifiable info on my application ''...
Explain that to them and ask them exactly what do they need to rectify this.

Old 04-29-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSDiamond View Post
Explain that to them and ask them exactly what do they need to rectify this.
I did try to contact them , they emailed me back that they are unable to tell me what exactly needed to prove that,and they said if I feel that the decision is wrong , to appeal and send any docs. might help , I called HPD compliance just to explain to me the reasons the mgt. rejected me for, the person I spoke to was very nice and helpful and told me let me check the HPD handbook to see how else you can prove your separation,and said one of the proofs is any government doc. such as my tax return, so he told me to send it over to the mgt. with my appeal that should be enough,I did send it today and will see, hope that will let them reconsider their decision.thank u your reply..

Old 04-29-2019, 03:26 PM

I also send them a T mobile certification to let them know that my spouse has been using his phone since 2017 and been on roaming status since then till now and shows also his outgoing calls from abroad.

Old 04-29-2019, 03:46 PM

I dont know even if they rejected my appeal, is doing HPD complaint can change anything or not ?coz thats the next step after they reject my appeal.....

Old 04-29-2019, 05:04 PM

9 posts, read 5,208 times
Interviewed in Feb. Just got management approval today! Will keep you all updated.

P.S. They screwed up and rejected me and the rejection letter had the wrong log number. I had to submit an appeal.

Log #66XXX

Old 04-29-2019, 05:31 PM

200 posts, read 289,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampra View Post
Interviewed in Feb. Just got management approval today! Will keep you all updated.

P.S. They screwed up and rejected me and the rejection letter had the wrong log number. I had to submit an appeal.

Log #66XXX
Are you cb preference ,?

Old 04-29-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampra View Post

Log #66XXX
Congratulations,,,, I was 65xxx CB pref. You said you has to appeal,were you appealing coz of your log no. Or something else? And how long did it take them to approve your appeal,are you going for 2beds.or what?? Sorry to ask u all these questions..

Old 04-29-2019, 06:48 PM

86 posts, read 146,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayzo View Post
I did try to contact them , they emailed me back that they are unable to tell me what exactly needed to prove that,and they said if I feel that the decision is wrong , to appeal and send any docs. might help , I called HPD compliance just to explain to me the reasons the mgt. rejected me for, the person I spoke to was very nice and helpful and told me let me check the HPD handbook to see how else you can prove your separation,and said one of the proofs is any government doc. such as my tax return, so he told me to send it over to the mgt. with my appeal that should be enough,I did send it today and will see, hope that will let them reconsider their decision.thank u your reply..
That's great that HPD was able to point you in the right direction, also they are the ones to make the final decision after management so hopefully now you should get some good news soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery