Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2023, 08:21 PM

26 posts, read 16,502 times

Advertisements

Hello all so I'm currently in the document submission phase for a lottery (my third time going through this now and hoping this will be the charm)

I have a quick question regarding cash app statements. Do they need to necessarily be provided and/or explained if you do not receive any form of income or gift money to the account and utilize it solely as a means of depositing money to yourself from yourself. For example, once I get paid through direct deposit to my bank account, I add money from my own bank account to my cash app card. I don't receive any other form of money or gifts etc to that card.

Do I include the statements with that explanation with my other documents or will just the bank statements suffice?

Thanks for taking the time and best of luck and good vibes to everyone else going through this process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2023, 09:56 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,884,218 times
explain your cash apps, or they wont move your file

Old 09-01-2023, 10:52 AM

264 posts, read 313,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chprincess09 View Post
Hello all so I'm currently in the document submission phase for a lottery (my third time going through this now and hoping this will be the charm)

I have a quick question regarding cash app statements. Do they need to necessarily be provided and/or explained if you do not receive any form of income or gift money to the account and utilize it solely as a means of depositing money to yourself from yourself. For example, once I get paid through direct deposit to my bank account, I add money from my own bank account to my cash app card. I don't receive any other form of money or gifts etc to that card.

Do I include the statements with that explanation with my other documents or will just the bank statements suffice?

Thanks for taking the time and best of luck and good vibes to everyone else going through this process.
You really only have to provide them if the managing agent requests it, because they’re seeing regular deposits from CashApp in your bank account. In your case, since you’re sending money from your bank to the app, they may not even ask. Doesn’t matter to them what you send money out for (and it’s really none of their business ), all they care about is what you receive and how often, to determine if it should be counted as income.

Old 09-01-2023, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC74 View Post
You really only have to provide them if the managing agent requests it, because they’re seeing regular deposits from CashApp in your bank account. In your case, since you’re sending money from your bank to the app, they may not even ask. Doesn’t matter to them what you send money out for (and it’s really none of their business ), all they care about is what you receive and how often, to determine if it should be counted as income.
Thanks so much so I went ahead and submitted the statements along with a notarized self affividat explaining the deposits were from my own bank account. Hopefully that will suffice!

Old 09-01-2023, 01:52 PM

2,019 posts, read 1,636,581 times
Quote:
Thanks so much so I went ahead and submitted the statements along with a notarized self affividat explaining the deposits were from my own bank account. Hopefully that will suffice!
It’s good that you included them. If they have questions they should get back to you. They are trying to determine if you are within the AMI% Income bracket. If the total of the deposits does not put you near the maximum Income limit they ought not give it much thought at all.

If review gets screwed up and they reject you, you are allowed to Appeal the decision.

Old 09-01-2023, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
It’s good that you included them. If they have questions they should get back to you. They are trying to determine if you are within the AMI% Income bracket. If the total of the deposits does not put you near the maximum Income limit they ought not give it much thought at all.

If review gets screwed up and they reject you, you are allowed to Appeal the decision.
Thanks for the reassurance I appreciate it!!

Old 09-03-2023, 04:05 AM

264 posts, read 313,292 times
Quote:
It will and you’re welcome. Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: