Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2023, 01:24 PM

8 posts, read 4,724 times

Advertisements

Ok, hi everyone to make the long story short with this housing connect situation
march 2023 -submitted application
july 2023- received notification that they wanted more documents
aug -2023 -more round of documents
sep 6-23 - market agent told me they were sending documents to HDP for pre-approval, she told me I should hear back from her by the end of the week. (called yesterday for an update -she wasn't available , sent an email hasn't replied).I don't want to be a NAG but my anxiety level is through the roof.
How does this HDP process work eta on turnaround time and what on earth is HDC- i keep reading ?
And most importantly what follows after that, because I keep reading and im getting misinformation all over the place.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2023, 01:33 PM

180 posts, read 121,487 times
be patient, some people have waited over a month for hpd/hdc to approve, you got this! try to get updates every 3 weeks not every week.

Old 09-08-2023, 01:50 PM

248 posts, read 219,371 times
[quote=amgr9000;65802931]Ok, hi everyone to make the long story short with this housing connect situation
march 2023 -submitted application
july 2023- received notification that they wanted more documents
aug -2023 -more round of documents
sep 6-23 - market agent told me they were sending documents to HDP for pre-approval, she told me I should hear back from her by the end of the week. (called yesterday for an update -she wasn't available , sent an email hasn't replied).I don't want to be a NAG but my anxiety level is through the roof.
How does this HDP process work eta on turnaround time and what on earth is HDC- i keep reading ?
And most importantly what follows after that, because I keep reading and im getting misinformation all over the place.
Thanks[/QUOTE

Maybe by Monday you’ll hear something remember there was an holiday in this week so maybe they are a bit behind

Old 09-08-2023, 03:24 PM

268 posts, read 304,332 times
They are definitely behind on Approvals it seems across the board. I’ve also been waiting for 2 weeks after it being submitted and my agent keep’s following up with HPD. The only response is their system was down and it’s taking longer to process… it’s hard to be patient but stay hopeful!

Old 09-08-2023, 03:56 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
If it makes you feel better the Marketing Agent is waiting too. But, they still get paid no matter the outcome and no matter the how long the wait.

The fact that you or I or anyone wants a quick response has zero influence on the process. It doesn’t matter how important it is to you or I or anyone, this does not create an urgency for the multiple bureaucracies involved. That fact that a person’s lease is up soon is not a factor, for example.

Metaphorically, there is no incentive for anyone involved in the process to ‘stay late at work’ to make anyone’s file move faster. I doubt any manager or supervisor would authorize overtime pay anyway.

amgr9000, you have made excellent progress. Hang in there.

This was a short week, perhaps that slowed matters. Also, the school year just started so any parents involved in the processing of paperwork might be a bit distracted and off-pace around this time. There are many factors beyond our control that can make things move slower or faster. Just one would be how busy either the marketing office and/or HPD is at this time. If there are many buildings with many units being filled that is just like a lot of traffic trying to get into a tunnel, but in October maybe there would be many fewer units they are handling. I don’t think either office gets to tell developers how and when to schedule the various phases of the process so a most efficient distribution of staff time is achieved.

Old 09-09-2023, 03:18 PM

9 posts, read 10,564 times
HPD= housing preservation and development agency. They review your paperwork after the marketing agency to ensure you do qualify.
Then it goes to a 3rd round with the building you’d be living in, though that’s really just a formality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery