Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 06:53 AM

24 posts, read 73,247 times

Advertisements

Those apartments are so tiny its not even funny. I was shown an apartment like 9 years ago before I bought my coop. My bedroom set could not fit....only the bed! The living room only fits those small tiny sofas sets.The windows are too low. The front door peephole was in the middle of the door. I asked her why and she said the prior tenant was in a wheelchair. I told her I want a new door! Another thing was that she shows me the apartment not ready...it was dirty and smelly. You dont freaking show apartments undone...women like my wife got turned off immediately. Were they supposed to show me the apartment ready or are they allowed to show apartments looking like crap???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 08:34 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycdoorman View Post
Those apartments are so tiny its not even funny. I was shown an apartment like 9 years ago before I bought my coop. My bedroom set could not fit....only the bed! The living room only fits those small tiny sofas sets.The windows are too low. The front door peephole was in the middle of the door. I asked her why and she said the prior tenant was in a wheelchair. I told her I want a new door! Another thing was that she shows me the apartment not ready...it was dirty and smelly. You dont freaking show apartments undone...women like my wife got turned off immediately. Were they supposed to show me the apartment ready or are they allowed to show apartments looking like crap???
Where was this?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-14-2011, 07:20 AM

98 posts, read 391,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRalfy View Post
I have an appointment tomorrow to see an apartment. I'll keep you guys posted on the process. Wish me luck!!
Congrats that was quick...please tell us what the rent interview Process is like so we have a idea of what to expect.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Where was this?
We were offered Soundview sigh.....dump of an area I turned it down.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:11 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
You were shown Soundview because you qualify for dumps apparently..it isn't the area..it's you. What dump did you end up in?

Old 03-14-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
You were shown Soundview because you qualify for dumps apparently..it isn't the area..it's you. What dump did you end up in?
Moderator cut: Language? I have no control where the SYSTEM decides to send me. After i saw that p.o.s I vowed to never try a cheap ass project again. I was trying to save money paying low rent. But when I saw the infestation of slum rats and zombie carcasses of drug addicts roaming the street in combo with this hideous apartment, I was like 'NEVER again" try the projects. I now live in a coop..

Last edited by bmwguydc; 03-17-2011 at 07:36 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 03-14-2011, 09:35 PM

2 posts, read 8,643 times
Dont feel back my interview was back in oct. My background is done i select the development but my application still in eligibility review? ?????????how long is going in 6 months.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:32 PM

You have chosen to live amongst the stinky gangs of the rats! Furthermore, getting mugged inside your elevator at night will be your new worry in addition to your mountains of stress. The apartment walls are so thin you are going to hear every argument, conversation, and sex moan or like in my wifes case, screams....enjoy! I question your inspiration and zeal for "MOVING ON UP" to the projects hehe. Either you people are in a serious situation or you are just simply cheap and dont want to pay real rent. Yeah I walk by the parking lots of these projects.....I see mercedes benz, highlanders, acuras, etc. Stop dogging these apartments from the needy and pay rents you know you can afford! Those of you who are taking advantage of the needies TABLE you should rot in HELL!

Old 03-16-2011, 09:41 AM

66 posts, read 330,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycdoorman View Post
You have chosen to live amongst the stinky gangs of the rats! Furthermore, getting mugged inside your elevator at night will be your new worry in addition to your mountains of stress. The apartment walls are so thin you are going to hear every argument, conversation, and sex moan or like in my wifes case, screams....enjoy! I question your inspiration and zeal for "MOVING ON UP" to the projects hehe. Either you people are in a serious situation or you are just simply cheap and dont want to pay real rent. Yeah I walk by the parking lots of these projects.....I see mercedes benz, highlanders, acuras, etc. Stop dogging these apartments from the needy and pay rents you know you can afford! Those of you who are taking advantage of the needies TABLE you should rot in HELL!
This thread is for individuals seeking information on the process of NYCHA. If you want to bash the projects and the people who lives in them, then go start a new thread. Nobody asked if we would get mugged, this is NYC you don't have to be in the projects in order to get mugged. Also, if you never took that apartment, how do you know so much about living in the projects??? I am one of the people trying to get in housing, you don't know me nor do you know my situation. You don't know anyone situation, so how dear you talk smack about anything. Living in this economy is hard, there are no jobs, no money, and help is limited. So what ever help is given should be well appreciative. You have some nerve, enjoy that condo you have, it would be real messed up if u so happen, couldn't no longer afford it, and have no other option but to look towards housing. Similar situations has happened to many of us.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSUPERMOM View Post
This thread is for individuals seeking information on the process of NYCHA. If you want to bash the projects and the people who lives in them, then go start a new thread. Nobody asked if we would get mugged, this is NYC you don't have to be in the projects in order to get mugged. Also, if you never took that apartment, how do you know so much about living in the projects??? I am one of the people trying to get in housing, you don't know me nor do you know my situation. You don't know anyone situation, so how dear you talk smack about anything. Living in this economy is hard, there are no jobs, no money, and help is limited. So what ever help is given should be well appreciative. You have some nerve, enjoy that condo you have, it would be real messed up if u so happen, couldn't no longer afford it, and have no other option but to look towards housing. Similar situations has happened to many of us.
In no way am I putting you or anyone down. I grew up in the projects until the age of 18...so I know. I'm not putting down those who are poor or who lost their jobs....I'm against the people who do have money, nice cars, money stashed in drawers or closets and are taking advantage of the system. Taking away the crumbs of the needy! Telling the system they have kids but no man to support them....while the man is secretly working. They collect foodstamps because of their lies! Tell the truth! Stop dogging poor peoples crumbs! If you have a man that works, dont lie to the system.... make your man get a real apartment! Don't worry, the day you die youre going straight to hell for abusing the system when you knew you could afford a real apartment!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery