Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Whose More Poular, the Rangers or the Knicks?
Rangers, irrespective and unconditionally, are far ahead 0 0%
Rangers are ahead 0 0%
Rangers are slightly ahead 0 0%
Depends on their records 2 14.29%
Knciks, unconditionally, are far ahead 7 50.00%
Knicks are ahead 6 42.86%
Knicks are slightly ahead 0 0%
Even 1 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 01:28 AM

1,264 posts, read 2,438,135 times

Advertisements

Whose more popular, the Rangers or the Knicks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 06:45 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,595,578 times
It's not much of a contest; the Knickerbockers generally have it over the Rangers. That's not to say that the Rangers haven't got diehard fans. But in terms of numbers, basketball has always been more popular than hockey.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:10 AM

442 posts, read 1,296,810 times
knicks but they both suck and dont have many fans comapred to the 2 main teams, the jets and the yankees

Old 01-12-2011, 07:13 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,590,452 times
the knicks are pretty p00pular

Old 01-12-2011, 07:46 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,289,531 times
Knicks are more popular, generally speaking, but Rangers got a lot of die hard fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBAller85 View Post
knicks but they both suck and dont have many fans comapred to the 2 main teams, the jets and the yankees
What about the Giants? To me they're way more popular than the Jets. Only reason the Jets were even relevant again was because of Mark Sanchez and Bret Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
the knicks are pretty p00pular
lol.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorofnyc View Post
Knicks are more popular, generally speaking, but Rangers got a lot of die hard fans.

What about the Giants? To me they're way more popular than the Jets. Only reason the Jets were even relevant again was because of Mark Sanchez and Bret Favre

lol.
thats crazy, i see a giants fan for every 5 jets fans, my whole family is jets fans and everyone i work with is jets fans, i cant believe this i only know like 3 giants fans and theyre outcasts

Old 01-13-2011, 06:49 PM

1,264 posts, read 2,438,135 times
That's because you are on LI, which is the Jets base, and it's January.
NY is a Giants town.

So you guys are saying the Rangers are nowhere close to the Knicks?
Why?
How come in Philly and Boston, hockey can equal or exceed BasketBall, not in New York?
Both are Northeast cities, why is NY different?
Is there something different about NY fans or does this just reflect NY having more diversity and minorities?

Old 01-13-2011, 07:25 PM

71 posts, read 149,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudlander View Post
Why?
How come in Philly and Boston, hockey can equal or exceed BasketBall, not in New York?
Is there something different about NY fans or does this just reflect NY having more diversity and minorities?
I don't know about the hockey fanbases in the other cities but the racial element is definitely a part of it. A sport with mostly white fans in a city that's only 35% non-hispanic white. You'd have a better chance getting black and latin kids into soccer or skateboarding or something then getting them to watch a hockey game.

Also, I think basketball just caters to casual sports fans more than hockey does. I feel like everyone who likes hockey is a total die-hard hockey fan whereas there are tons of people with just a passing interest in basketball.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudlander View Post
That's because you are on LI, which is the Jets base, and it's January.
NY is a Giants town.

Why?
whos on LI? I know you aint talking to me. I live in queens and spend 90% of my waking time in the bronx and manhattan, cant wait to see where your from gtfoh

Old 01-14-2011, 12:02 PM

Location: Port Richmond, Staten Island, New York City, New York, 10302
317 posts, read 960,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetBAller85 View Post
whos on LI? I know you aint talking to me. I live in queens and spend 90% of my waking time in the bronx and manhattan, cant wait to see where your from gtfoh

I think (hope) he means you're on Long Island meaning geographically rather than politically. Long Island thus meaning Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk. I don't know if the Jets are said to have a stranglehold on these four counties but I know they say the Mets do so it's entirely possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City