Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 10:43 AM

650 posts, read 2,518,030 times

Advertisements

Its so hard to pick a favorite. A few of the best I have had all my area of Gravesend (brooklyn).
Aside from L&Bs, I usually go to Kings Highway for Vics or Italia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 11:06 AM

172 posts, read 448,181 times
Artichoke on 14th in Manhattan, Ginos in Long Beach(sicilian), the pizza truck on 413 in Rincon PR, well maybe because it was 3am.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:18 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,996,805 times
Default Amore

Amore Pizzeria in Flushing. This joint is legendary. Their pizza is like NY when NY's was a "wonder city" and the dominant ethnic group was Italian working class. These were the glory days of NY pizza and Amore is cut from that cloth. This is extraordinary street pizza, there is no need for toppings at Amore. The crust, sauce and cheese meld together to form a work of art. When people talk about NY pizza they are talking about Amore.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:25 AM

172 posts, read 448,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Amore Pizzeria in Flushing. This joint is legendary. Their pizza is like NY when NY's was a "wonder city" and the dominant ethnic group was Italian working class. These were the glory days of NY pizza and Amore is cut from that cloth. This is extraordinary street pizza, there is no need for toppings at Amore. The crust, sauce and cheese meld together to form a work of art. When people talk about NY pizza they are talking about Amore.
So Samyn, how long have you been slinging pies there? lol

Old 01-20-2011, 12:15 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,592,348 times
I'm not a pizza person but I do remember a shop called John's on Bleecker Street, Manhattan. The pizza is thin and the bottom goes "crunch" when you bite into it. So good. Mmmmm. I went to a get-together there and that's what everyone ate. Thin pizza, beer and chit chat. I don't know if it's still there.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:36 PM

117 posts, read 269,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Hipsterific18 "um i cant even remember the last time i ate pizza"

Is eating pizza like sooooooooo two years ago??
no i just spend most of my days now eating healthy y'know, salads, wheat subs, once in a blue moon i'll order chinese food but it's usually something healthy from there.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:10 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipsterific18 View Post
no i just spend most of my days now eating healthy y'know, salads, wheat subs, once in a blue moon i'll order chinese food but it's usually something healthy from there.

Just bustin your chops. From your other posts I can tell that you're one of the more tolerable hipsters (there are very few I've come across in life).

The fact of the matter is, is that pizza really is not good for your health.........It's good for your tummy though.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:47 PM

277 posts, read 773,599 times
I found this place in the financial district called Underground Pizza which has a damn good plain slice. Best I've found in the Wall Street area, but that's not saying much.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:01 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,403,971 times
I, too, am in the minority with respect to pizza, since I eat vegan pizza as well. However, some of the best I have had, as it's impossible to narrow it to one, would include: Pala, Totonno's, John's, Motorino, Lucali, and Adrienne's.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Last edited by bmwguydc; 01-20-2011 at 03:10 PM..

Old 01-20-2011, 03:19 PM

142 posts, read 461,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
The old man is still there. Just not every day. When he is though, it's definitely top notch.....
So who makes the pizza for him? His daughter?

I've never eaten the actual 'food' there ie: pastas, etc. but I'm dying to try them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City