Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 01:21 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,077,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashely2011 View Post
LOL...yeah man tell me about it Bluedog, the Bronx demographics really sucks to the point it scares away "classier" businesses. What a shame to. Now you can understand why I rant about changing the Bronx demographics and removing the ghetto desitutes. No Trader Joes, no starbucks (only 1 in the BX I think), no Whole Foods, no Juice Bar, etc.

Sadly, the only businesses that thrive under the current demographics is Kennedy Fried Chicken, McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Shops, Liquor Stores, Check Cashing places, 99 cent stores, bodegas, welfare offices and substance abuse clinics. OMG...the sad part is I'm not even joking around, those are the actual stores that thrive in the Bronx...WOW.

I can't make this stuff up.
I havent drank starbucks in five years. I knew a guy who developed diabetes thanks to starbucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 02:00 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,263,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashely2011 View Post
LOL...yeah man tell me about it Bluedog, the Bronx demographics really sucks to the point it scares away "classier" businesses. What a shame to. Now you can understand why I rant about changing the Bronx demographics and removing the ghetto desitutes. No Trader Joes, no starbucks (only 1 in the BX I think), no Whole Foods, no Juice Bar, etc.

Sadly, the only businesses that thrive under the current demographics is Kennedy Fried Chicken, McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Shops, Liquor Stores, Check Cashing places, 99 cent stores, bodegas, welfare offices and substance abuse clinics. OMG...the sad part is I'm not even joking around, those are the actual stores that thrive in the Bronx...WOW.

I can't make this stuff up.
It's true that these businesses thrive in low-income neighborhoods cus of the fact that people are poor. When youre broke you must buy something that fills your stomach as cheap as possible like a large pizza, why buy some overpriced broccoli. These of course contributes to high cholesterol levels and an overweight population with a shorter life span.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:36 PM

5,525 posts, read 8,791,723 times
"No Trader Joes, no starbucks (only 1 in the BX I think), no Whole Foods, no Juice Bar, etc.

I don't even live in the Bronx and I know that's way wrong. Google it and I count six. Not a lot compared to other boroughs for sure, but lets get our fact straight please.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:25 PM

248 posts, read 874,319 times
I'm not 100% sure of all of TJ's criteria, but I know that they like to own all of their stores..perhaps there are only rentals in the parts of the BX they'd consider..why not put in a call/letter to corporate?

Old 03-03-2011, 05:26 PM

499 posts, read 795,132 times
The first place they'll open in the Bronx will most likely be in Riverdale.

A superficial look at many neighborhoods in the Bronx would give you an idea that residents have very little respect for their neighborhoods or themselves. It's no coincidence McDonald's/Burger King is outside nearly every subway station.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:29 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,656,888 times
Bring the whole Upper Est Side to the Bronx. Is every one happy now?

Old 03-03-2011, 05:38 PM

9,249 posts, read 24,105,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill83 View Post
Bring the whole Upper Est Side to the Bronx. Is every one happy now?
No,I want the village brought to The Bronx not the UES.Please god,don't bring the UES to the Bronx.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:33 PM

67 posts, read 92,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Do you want an apple store aswell in the bronx?
Sure why not? Anything that will spark positive change to the Bronx I'm for. All these check cashing places, bodegas and liquor store need to go!

Replace them with internet cafes, barnes and noble, apple store, trader joe, whole foods, starbucks, etc.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:21 PM

267 posts, read 1,034,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
No,I want the village brought to The Bronx not the UES.Please god,don't bring the UES to the Bronx.
Wow. You have some feelings of UES, do you mind sharing? I live next to the Upper East Side and consider it is nicer on the other side of 96th street.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:31 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,263,356 times
Next to UES? But not on UES? Well upper upper east side is also nice, in its own way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City