Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2011, 05:18 AM

317 posts, read 578,782 times

Advertisements

Moneboo..... Im hoping the market rates doesn't apply to those that applied to the lottery. The banner states market rate for 1 and 2 bedrooms. I know the rent would start at 1,000$ just for the 1 bedrooms bc these ate brand new units and since some of the 2 bedrooms come with 2 bathrooms their rent is going to be crazy. Since they're doing that they will now get those apts rented alot quicker. I know plenty of people paying 1300$ for apts in crappy looking buildings so I know people are going to jump on the chance to live in a brand new apt in a brand new building for that same price.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:21 AM

507 posts, read 689,248 times
..whats that!?..yeahh because everytime I pass through there..its like the place is-EMPTY!..and i know alot of people applied for it..and the vast majority of people who is/isnt pulling in the required income requirements.they proberly is finding something else out...remember times r hard! the average joe or suzy aint pulling in say $32k-$35k..and another thing i realized-is alot of people is looking for that availibility!..you see BBTB-has that!.
I have a cousin-he asked me..man! how'd you get in there (la-terrazza) I replied..i applied and got called for interview..but you gotta make the income requirements..but he works in retail-american apparel..so what's that!?. minimal wage??...so say he brings home $260-$280 weekly..thats not enough..now if he got/has a girlfriend to pitch in..that'll be the only way..but when they tally up both incomes...they might be-denied!..so its a hard process..I was walking/driving in harlem friday night!..damm how 145st/bradhurst ave changed!!...the caucasians arent keen on living in the deep south-bronx like that!..or they' would've filled up st annes terrace real-QUICK!..nor the chinese..but i see em in harlem though. the thing is bugged-out!..because they wanna be in a specific area..but they'll avoid that section of the bronx..i dont get it!..but these developers are making these buildings so enormous and fixing them up for whom??? its more apartments-than people with-jobs!..here and were still in recession..so you fiqure.???

Old 11-06-2011, 05:26 AM

..thats the going rate for 1 bedroom...but if thats the case..will their credit be ranned???alot of people are living in messed up dwellings,so if they have a chance to get into something brand-new!..they better go for-it!..i know i will-so i'll pass the-WORD!!

Old 11-06-2011, 05:27 AM

esspecially.. with 2-bathrooms!! nicceee

Old 11-06-2011, 06:25 AM

365 posts, read 502,177 times
That's crazy! I applied way back when for a onebedroom and they didn't call. This was when the place went open market. I don't understand how they don't contact people and inform them about what's going on. I'm afraid to even find out what their "market rates" are going to look like.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:32 AM

169 posts, read 187,014 times
The entire St. Ann's is not Affordable housing that building is too large for that. Moneboo when do you move in Bruckner u don't even seem interested in living there anymore lol. But if u wanna get in St. ann's be proactive like u were with Bruckner. it's all the same you have to go to them they're not gonna come to you.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:48 AM

365 posts, read 502,177 times
I'm gonna take BBTB for now and just see how it is. I'm not gonna be choosy! Lmao...in the meantime, I'm going to keep looking based off of what vibes I get from the building.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:16 PM

Unless you know something we dont know so bc a development is too large there's no way the entire development can be affordable housing??? Is that what your saying???? I hope not bc I can give you a list of 20 large developments that are only affordable housing. Just like they build large affordable housing for those making 40,000-45,000$ they wouldn't rent 10 % of those units to people making 25,000$. If you make the income then the apt is yours. If your income is below then you have to look else where. But I'm curious as to why you say that about St. Anns?

Old 11-06-2011, 02:23 PM

Now we all know that the real money is going to come from them opening it up as market rate. Deli raised an excellent point bc the fact is that even if you're working retail that's still not enough for the affordable housing so what's a person to do??? You have so many people working dead end, bull sh@t jobs just to make ends meet and yet they're yearly take home still isn't 30k. Smh!!!!

Old 11-06-2011, 02:56 PM

169 posts, read 187,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Davenport View Post
Unless you know something we dont know so bc a development is too large there's no way the entire development can be affordable housing??? Is that what your saying???? I hope not bc I can give you a list of 20 large developments that are only affordable housing. Just like they build large affordable housing for those making 40,000-45,000$ they wouldn't rent 10 % of those units to people making 25,000$. If you make the income then the apt is yours. If your income is below then you have to look else where. But I'm curious as to why you say that about St. Anns?
No I was assuming the entire building wouldn't be affordable housing bc it's so big. Usually they offer a certain amount of apts as affordable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery