Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 09:46 PM

221 posts, read 525,425 times

Advertisements

I am looking to spend $3,500 in Hoboken for a 1br.
So far, all the brokers I have dealt with miss the mark. They all recommend different stuff that doesn't suit my pallette.
Apparently, bachelor pad isn't in the vocab of these brokers.
Anyway, can anyone recommend me a broker?
I have a specific list of requirments and am very picky, so someone who is patient will be a plus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 06:24 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
Why not just walk the waterfront and hit all the rental offices for the towers on the river. Start at the train station for the easiest commute and work North.

If you mention some of your specifics perhaps we could help.

(I haven't used a rental broker ince 1973 and he charged me when the landlord had paid his full fee, thus double dipping. So no broker recommendation from me...it's too hard to wash the slime off.)

Old 10-03-2011, 07:13 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,400 times
I have a buddy that lives on 333 River st. It;s a pretty nice luxury building. It's right near the Hoboken path station like 4 blocks away.

They have a 2 bedroom, 2 bath for 3,320.00.

333 River Street Hoboken Apartments | Luxury Apartments in Hoboken, NJ

Community Amenities
24 Hour Concierge
Front Desk Service
Available Reserved / Unreserved Indoor Parking
Fitness Center / Weight Room
Bicycle Storage
Aerobics Room
Private Storage Available
Childrens Indoor Outdoor Play Area
On-Site Management
Outdoor Putting Green
On-Site Maintenance
Two Outdoor Sundecks
Laundry Drop / Pick-up Services Available
Residents Lounge with WiFi

Old 10-03-2011, 09:00 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,375,776 times
I can recommend a great broker who knows everything there is to know about Hoboken. She has personally helped me get into a few places, and I have been working with her for many years:

Moderator cut: All recs by DM, please, otherwise it's considered advertising under the TOS.

The website is a little cooky and the pic is not flattering, but she knows her stuff. Once you reach out to her, let me know how it goes.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-03-2011 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: Recs by DM, please

Old 10-03-2011, 09:44 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,397,852 times
As with all such requests, please send DMs only of broker names and contact information. Thank you.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 10-03-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I can recommend a great broker who knows everything there is to know about Hoboken. She has personally helped me get into a few places, and I have been working with her for many years:

Moderator cut: All recs by DM, please, otherwise it's considered advertising under the TOS.

The website is a little cooky and the pic is not flattering, but she knows her stuff. Once you reach out to her, let me know how it goes.
Send me the info?

Old 10-03-2011, 10:53 AM

I need a 1br around 1100 sq feet that allows dogs. The place needs to be on Bloomfield, Wash, or Hudson.
333 River is okay, but not the look I like.

Most brokers are just making me aggravated. I found an awesome 1 br, that I would have signed a lease for. I told the broker to take pictures as I travel for work all the time. He goes to do that 3 days later and the place is already gone.

I keep checking cragslist but thats frustrating too.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:26 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
Seriously,
Just walk around and go into the rental offices. You may miss out on a couple mom and pop walk up rentals in some brownstones but most of the nicest places are mega-towers on the Hudson with a rental staff on duty.

Since you are very specific in you needs why waste time with some twerp hoping to break into the real estate business part-time.

You are offering enough in rent that you can call the tune.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:45 PM

There are a lot of rentals in maxwell place, around 3200 for a 1br . around 1100 sq feet.

I like a condo spec building.

Are there any place you can recommend?

Old 10-03-2011, 03:35 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
There are a lot of rentals in maxwell place, around 3200 for a 1br . around 1100 sq feet.

I like a condo spec building.

Are there any place you can recommend?
Try Trulia! They have a condo search option

Trulia - Real Estate, Homes for Sale, Sold Properties, Apartments for Rent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City