Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 07:05 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,196,294 times

Advertisements

Hi New Yorkers!

Is this area safe, "Manhattanville" West 125th Street, 10027
Around Martin Luther King Junior BLVD.?

What is the closest subway stop? And how safe is the subway stop at lets say 10:00PM ?

How far, time wise is it from Midtown?

Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 07:13 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,926,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
Hi New Yorkers!

Is this area safe, "Manhattanville" West 125th Street, 10027
Around Martin Luther King Junior BLVD.?

What is the closest subway stop? And how safe is the subway stop at lets say 10:00PM ?

How far, time wise is it from Midtown?

Thanks a lot!
That is not exactly Manhattanville, which is more a bit above and to the west, but including Convent and Morningside.

Are you thinking of the rehabbed building on the corner of Morningside and 125th ?

The ABCD are one block over on St. Nicholas, 1 train a few blocks over on Broadway.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:16 PM

Question Is it safe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
That is not exactly Manhattanville, which is more a bit above and to the west, but including Convent and Morningside.

Are you thinking of the rehabbed building on the corner of Morningside and 125th ?

The ABCD are one block over on St. Nicholas, 1 train a few blocks over on Broadway.

Thanks!

Is it a safe area?
Take care!

Old 11-27-2011, 08:32 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,920,816 times
Harlem is changing. There are safe and unsafe areas. This area is a mixture. You have luxury buildings, projects, brownstone buildings, etcds It's a high traffic area so you have the blue collar, white collar, school kids , college kids, old folks, shady characters, thugs, drug dealers and addicts, etc. If you're a average to cute girl, you will get catcalled.

Where are you coming from? How old are you? How much are you willing to spend for a safe apt?

Also, i notice this is your 2nd post of "is this safe". Why don't you make a master thread with all your concerns about living in the city and ask suggestions of where to live based on the requirements that you post?

Old 11-27-2011, 09:24 PM

Red face I tried to send you a DIRECT MESSAGE, but it will not go thru...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Klato View Post
Harlem is changing. There are safe and unsafe areas. This area is a mixture. You have luxury buildings, projects, brownstone buildings, etcds It's a high traffic area so you have the blue collar, white collar, school kids , college kids, old folks, shady characters, thugs, drug dealers and addicts, etc. If you're a average to cute girl, you will get catcalled.

Where are you coming from? How old are you? How much are you willing to spend for a safe apt?

Also, i notice this is your 2nd post of "is this safe". Why don't you make a master thread with all your concerns about living in the city and ask suggestions of where to live based on the requirements that you post?
I tried to DM you, but nothing...

Old 11-27-2011, 09:25 PM

Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote:

So, what is the name of the neighborhood?
There is supposed to be a Farmers Market nearby, right? On Broadway?

Thanks!

Old 11-28-2011, 07:15 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,926,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
So, what is the name of the neighborhood?
There is supposed to be a Farmers Market nearby, right? On Broadway?

Thanks!
Arguably, "Morningside." I do not know about a farmer's market. There are a few much farther south. If you mean Fairway, this is very much farther west, past (yet another) set of housing projects.

About safety ... St. Nicholas Avenue and 125th is considered, and rightly so, one of the most dangerous corners around. Most of the housing directly in that area is "very low income," and those people come out at night to sell and/or deal drugs, to "shake down" addicts for their drug money, etc. Lots of prostitute/addicts on 126th. The projects are on FDB, directly to the east, and those individuals come out at night as well. Many unsupervised adolescents.

The school building is okay, actually a nice building whose population is changing; there is one privately-owned building that the owner would like to develop into luxury-esque ... There are some new buildings around 127th and I guess we will see how that population changes things.

To really comment on safety I would need to know more about you, whether you can navigate the city.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:33 PM

555 posts, read 1,183,588 times
Quote:
Arguably, "Morningside." I do not know about a farmer's market. There are a few much farther south. If you mean Fairway, this is very much farther west, past (yet another) set of housing projects.

About safety ... St. Nicholas Avenue and 125th is considered, and rightly so, one of the most dangerous corners around. Most of the housing directly in that area is "very low income," and those people come out at night to sell and/or deal drugs, to "shake down" addicts for their drug money, etc. Lots of prostitute/addicts on 126th. The projects are on FDB, directly to the east, and those individuals come out at night as well. Many unsupervised adolescents.

The school building is okay, actually a nice building whose population is changing; there is one privately-owned building that the owner would like to develop into luxury-esque ... There are some new buildings around 127th and I guess we will see how that population changes things.

To really comment on safety I would need to know more about you, whether you can navigate the city.

HAHAH Please please PLEASEEEE tell me this is a joke and you simply put this to scare this poor unsuspecting soul away...LOL....This is a hooooot haha

Old 05-09-2012, 01:21 PM

120 posts, read 203,173 times
I walk by St. Nicholas Avenue and 125th every day and have never felt unsafe. I'm glad that I read this because now I will make a mental note to remember to feel unsafe when I am there.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:57 PM

555 posts, read 1,183,588 times
Again LOLOLOLOLOL who wrote that. Maybe someone jumped out the car with Michael J fox when it arrived from 1985 lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City