Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 11:45 AM

4 posts, read 15,855 times

Advertisements

I received a parking ticket about a year ago for crosswalk violation ($165) I send it in as Not Guilty within 30 days. Received a request from the judge for more info (after 1st hearing). I send the pics and the explanation on time as well. Since than I did not get any notices or warnings, nothing. (I live in NY and got the ticket in NY too). The current violation status of the ticket in the system is: Hearing held. Adjournment. Ticket past due. No fees or penalties applied, the amount is still $165, as initial.

I am afraid they will tow my car even though the ticket is unanswered by court.

What should I do, if anything? Is there any way to request an answer form the court and should I do it? Is it legal to tow the car if the ticket is still unanswered?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 11:59 PM

2 posts, read 20,756 times
I'm in the same boat as you with a $165 ticket in Disposition: 7 Adjournment Reason: RNIE. I don't know if I have to pay this or not? If I do and I'm found not-guilty will I receive a refund? What are the chances? Can you tell us what happened to your situation gringusha?

Old 12-15-2011, 06:51 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
I've got one that is 25 years old and I'm STILL worried about it.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:29 PM

2 posts, read 20,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I've got one that is 25 years old and I'm STILL worried about it.
so i take it from your smiley that since its in adjournment, we won't get hounded by NYC over this?

Old 12-24-2011, 05:09 AM

Probably my smiley face is more due to the fact that I have no car for them to haul away.

I had sent an explanation to the Sherriff decades ago that my car had been stolen in NJ and was apparently abandoned in NYC. But still I got a couple more bills for the ticket after that.
(I had previously even gotten a call from NYC police telliing me they had scrapped the car because it was savaged. I asked, "Did you save the tools in the trunk." Answer: "NO!" (somebody got some nice tools.))

I hope after 25 years, these things just go away.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:25 PM

194 posts, read 1,202,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Probably my smiley face is more due to the fact that I have no car for them to haul away.

I had sent an explanation to the Sherriff decades ago that my car had been stolen in NJ and was apparently abandoned in NYC. But still I got a couple more bills for the ticket after that.
(I had previously even gotten a call from NYC police telliing me they had scrapped the car because it was savaged. I asked, "Did you save the tools in the trunk." Answer: "NO!" (somebody got some nice tools.))

I hope after 25 years, these things just go away.
Damn if thats really what happened I would hope the same. Suck to be responsible for that after your car was stolen. Not to mention the supervisor at the impound lot who got some nice tools. I would think after that many years that its over with, but maybe you won't know until you try to register another car.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:29 AM

Quote:
but maybe you won't know until you try to register another car.

I don't think that is going to happen. I'm very happy buying a subway pass every month ($52 for seniors) and not having to worry about 2 tons of steel costing a fortune and getting stolen, ticketed, vandalized.
I got to the point that I HATED cars and was almost relived when a drunk cop from another locale smashed into my last parked car (along with 4 others)...and ran, on a Christmas Eve even.
Car ownership in the Metropolitan area is like an anchor tied around one's neck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City