Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 08:55 AM

1,869 posts, read 5,808,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twist07 View Post
I guess the OP was looking for people to agree with him/her, not necessarily insight.
This.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester2138 View Post
Why do you think other boroughs would please him more? Queens may be different from Manhattan but it's still New York City. If the only places you've lived are in NYC then you might think Queens is very different from Manhattan but to the rest of the world it's not.

Or maybe the OP just doesn't like New York City.

Pssh, naaah... How is that possible? Obviously if someone doesn't like NYC they've got problems!

WOW. And he's the one with the defensive, angry attitude?

He likes other places just fine. Just not NYC.
It's a she, not a he. ...not defensive, not angry, just objectively helpful.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisthedealwith View Post
this is some BS. "you are defensive, self important, change everything but no one cares if you do. but you are the problem." what is you smokin, friend? you ain't even about to make sense. where you comin from? forget your anger management meds? i wish nyc wasn't full of people like you, but i know daaaammnn well it can be. myob and don't get it twisted.
Couldn't be more calm and indifferent emotionally in my posts. If you don't like something and you are merely temporarily venting, great fine. If it is more than that, and prolonged, change it.

Changing your job alone, will not make one happy. Changing your geography alone will not make one happy.

You misunderstood some of the points. The original poster posted a lot about other people. Those people are not as important nor as relevant as the original poster herself, in her life. It's not about what the other people are doing.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:17 AM

458 posts, read 616,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I'm one of the people you quoted, and you very conveniently took my quote out of context in order to try to make your point.
I don't think it was out-of-context. As you acknowledged, you were arguing that there was a problem with the OP and the quote illustrates that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtacos View Post
Couldn't be more calm and indifferent emotionally in my posts.
I'd hate to see you when you're not calm and indifferent. You're also still assuming that the OP is just generally unhappy and angry, when the opposite was clear from his posts about other cities. He simply doesn't like NYC.

I frequent a few other cities' forums as well and I've never seen this kind of attack on a skeptic.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:31 AM

799 posts, read 1,551,188 times
Jesters, you are the only one making any sense. i am with you.

Keep on fightin, the rest of you. it makes NYC seem like a much better place to live. keep defending and pretending that you know jacksh**t about the op, that you figured out all her issues and you are RIGHT. i don't believe she seems angry or depressed or nothin. hell, she could be your neighbor in disguise, your mama, your girl. you don't know. she employed, got friends, likes other places. y'all get offended too damn quick. touchy means you got something to be touchy about.

this city is great and it sucks. it also breeds the "crabs in a barrel" mentality-- NYCers, especially lifers, wanna keep the world convinced of the great part, not the sucky part. its an ego trip. they wanna keep their kids and neighbors on the same headtrip-- that they livin in the best place in the world so they don't leave. people with sense and experience on the outside don't buy that line. seems like op was one of them. quit hatin.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:40 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,415,712 times
lol it's really not a big deal.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:50 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,634,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedasusual View Post
So, anyone have NYC fatigue? if so, what are your causes and symptoms?
It's caused by not being a New Yorker (I believe the medical term for this is "out-of-town-itis.")

The major symptom is a jaundiced view of New York City. It can often be cured by reading a good book on the city's history, since appreciation of the city often helps change one's perspective. Failing this, a slice of real (as opposed to franchise) pizza, followed by a couple of aspirin, might do the trick.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:51 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,634,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedasusual View Post
So, anyone have NYC fatigue? if so, what are your causes and symptoms?
It's caused by not being a New Yorker (I believe the medical term for this is "out-of-town-itis.")

The major symptom is a jaundiced view of New York City. It can often be cured by reading a good book on the city's history, since appreciation of the city often helps change one's perspective. Failing this, a slice of real (as opposed to franchise) pizza, followed by a couple of aspirin, might do the trick.

(or perhaps , depending on the first three digits of your zip code).

Old 05-10-2012, 11:57 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,155,114 times
Quote:
I don't think it was out-of-context. As you acknowledged, you were arguing that there was a problem with the OP and the .
Yes, I did acknowledge there is a problem with the OP's perception. And yes, you did take my quote out of context.

You also included me in your:
Quote:
(small) sampling of the nutty NYers ranting about how there must be something wrong with the OP because he doesn't like NY.
You are deliberately missing the point,

I have no problem with someone who doesn't like NYC. I do have a right to express my opinion that someone who thinks of NY as a popular kid and is worried about what others think of her opinions needs to take a good hard look at herself.

My opinion that she has a personal issue is NOT the same as stating that everyone has to like NY because it's obviously such a great place. I am not sure why you don't get that.

Do not include me in your made-up list of ranting and raving nutty New Yorkers who think that everyone should like NY because it's the be-all end-all in cities and everyone should like it. I never said everyone should like NY, and I think you know that, and you also should know that you took my quote out of context. All you need to do is go back to read the context but I guess you won't bother to do that because you think you are right.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 05-11-2012 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: Not necessary

Old 05-11-2012, 09:00 AM

371 posts, read 625,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisthedealwith View Post
this city is great and it sucks. it also breeds the "crabs in a barrel" mentality-- NYCers, especially lifers, wanna keep the world convinced of the great part, not the sucky part. its an ego trip. they wanna keep their kids and neighbors on the same headtrip-- that they livin in the best place in the world so they don't leave. people with sense and experience on the outside don't buy that line. seems like op was one of them. quit hatin.
This sums up exactly what I feel about the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City