Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2020, 12:25 PM

14 posts, read 8,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison_ View Post
Same here - I also heard from somebody that a lot of cops have been giving in their early retirement papers

I sent in my letter to medical division so just waiting to see what happens with everything, especially since people want the DEO to take school safety away from PD and give it back to the education department
Hm. Part of the reasoning behind me becoming a SSA is having NYPD benefits. If they decide to move SS out of NYPD, I wonder if we can move our process over to regular NYPD and become police officers (if their academy is even happening in July as well).

Very sad times for all of us who have processed and dealt with the stress, time, and money that goes through with processing. I believe the city will see a lot of lawsuits if these classes (NYPD & SSA) do not wind up happening.

Good luck to you all with the medical stuff and keep us updated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2020, 12:37 PM

65 posts, read 52,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyd9 View Post
Hm. Part of the reasoning behind me becoming a SSA is having NYPD benefits. If they decide to move SS out of NYPD, I wonder if we can move our process over to regular NYPD and become police officers (if their academy is even happening in July as well).

Very sad times for all of us who have processed and dealt with the stress, time, and money that goes through with processing. I believe the city will see a lot of lawsuits if these classes (NYPD & SSA) do not wind up happening.

Good luck to you all with the medical stuff and keep us updated!
My goal was to eventually move over to NYPD but do SSA in the interim so I hope everything works out for both of us!

I got an email from medical saying I was qualified by the doctor so that's one less thing to worry about. But so crazy after everything the last how many months to think it could be postponed indefinitely or canceled. I read somebody in the city wants to cancel the upcoming cadets class.

Old 06-08-2020, 01:11 PM

43 posts, read 24,963 times
Good Afternoon. Sorry to hear that guys. i need help from you guys.i want to know how to get DMV abstract and SS earning statement.should be certified or regular. thanks.

Old 06-08-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol32161 View Post
Good Afternoon. Sorry to hear that guys. i need help from you guys.i want to know how to get DMV abstract and SS earning statement.should be certified or regular. thanks.
Hi, the DMV abstract I got directly off dmv.ny.gov after Googling "DMV abstract NY". (https://dmv.ny.gov/dmv-records/get-m...ecord-abstract). It was sent to my email and I printed it and gave it to my investigator. As for the SS earnings statement, I had to go to my local SS office and get it there. It costed about $95~. Right now I think SS offices are closed due to COVID, not sure when they are opening and I'm not sure how you can receieve it otherwise.

Hope I helped!

Old 06-08-2020, 03:00 PM

Good Afternoon. You did standard or lifetime driving abstract. thanks

Old 06-08-2020, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol32161 View Post
Good Afternoon. You did standard or lifetime driving abstract. thanks
Lifetime!

Old 06-08-2020, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyd9 View Post
Hi, the DMV abstract I got directly off dmv.ny.gov after Googling "DMV abstract NY". (https://dmv.ny.gov/dmv-records/get-m...ecord-abstract). It was sent to my email and I printed it and gave it to my investigator. As for the SS earnings statement, I had to go to my local SS office and get it there. It costed about $95~. Right now I think SS offices are closed due to COVID, not sure when they are opening and I'm not sure how you can receieve it otherwise.

Hope I helped!
I read on another NYPD message board depending on where you live you can call your local SS office and mail them a check and they will mail you the report

Old 06-08-2020, 08:11 PM

thanks guys. you helped me.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:07 AM

86 posts, read 84,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison_ View Post
My goal was to eventually move over to NYPD but do SSA in the interim so I hope everything works out for both of us!

I got an email from medical saying I was qualified by the doctor so that's one less thing to worry about. But so crazy after everything the last how many months to think it could be postponed indefinitely or canceled. I read somebody in the city wants to cancel the upcoming cadets class.
When did you receive the email?

Old 06-09-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsan View Post
When did you receive the email?
Yesterday morning I got an email that just said 'Cand qualified by dr. lichenstein" and the date

Did you send in yours?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City