Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2012, 12:58 PM

140 posts, read 395,447 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if there are any nice restaurants with inside/outside dining in the South Bronx. It bothers me that I have to travel via cab/subway in order to have a relaxed meal in a restaurant that is not a fast food joint!! Any recommendations will be gladly appreciated it!!

(The closest I have been was to Harlem but would like to know if there are any specifically in the South Bronx..)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 01:10 PM

343 posts, read 1,025,552 times
Havana Cafe on E. Tremont in Throgs Neck is a good one. Jimmy Ryans on Crosby and Middletown is another. Havana is more hip, Jimmy Ryans more old school beer/pub/restaurant. If I think of more, I'll update..

Old 07-11-2012, 01:19 PM

396 posts, read 1,008,039 times
I am looking for community activists, parents, teachers, entrepreneurs, artists, etc.- anybody who work and/or lives here and has vested interest in the Bronx.

Join the conversation and stayed informed.

http://bronxmoversandshakers.org

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bronxmoversandshakers/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bronxmoversandshakers/#!/bronxmoversandshakers
[+] Rate this post positively

Old 07-11-2012, 01:26 PM

396 posts, read 1,008,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcouncil View Post
I was wondering if there are any nice restaurants with inside/outside dining in the South Bronx. It bothers me that I have to travel via cab/subway in order to have a relaxed meal in a restaurant that is not a fast food joint!! Any recommendations will be gladly appreciated it!!

(The closest I have been was to Harlem but would like to know if there are any specifically in the South Bronx..)
Outside seating is hard.

The Hub Kitchen and Cafe- very cheap, Puerto Rican/Dominican food, no alcohol license as of yet. However, has a small outside deck. 149 Street between Brook and Bergen Avenues

Clock Martini Bar- inside seating, decent food options, artistic ambiance. 112 Lincoln Avenue
Bronx

Bruckner Bar and Grill- inside seating, decent bar grub and beers on tap.
1 Bruckner Boulevard Bronx, NY 10454

Giovanni's/G-Bar- inside restaurant/pizzeria, and full bar downstairs. Gets busy after work. Italian fair, happy hour until 6 PM. 579 Grand Concourse Bronx, NY 10451

Old 07-11-2012, 01:45 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
I will add a few to that:

Ceetay is a new sushi place that opened on Alexander Ave and Bruckner Boulevard in the Southern Bronx (Port Morris/Mott Haven). It does not have outdoor seating yet, but nice place to eat, and will probably have outdoor seating soon.

Pio Pio is a nice place also, and has Peruvian cuisine. It is a small chain, just a handful of locations. It can be loud though on weekends, and no outdoor seating. It is on Cypress and 140th I believe in Mott Haven.

El Porton is a new Mexican place which opened up, good food, and very nice place. Look straight out of the city. It does not have out door seating. It is located on Southern Blvd and E149th in Longwood. No liquor license however if you ask they will serve you tequila drinks!

Old 07-11-2012, 01:55 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcouncil View Post

On 161st street there is a restaurant across the street of the court house where patrons can eat outside however its surrounded by glass.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:21 AM

140 posts, read 395,447 times
Thanks!!! I've been to G-Bar and Pio Pio.. Love Pio's food..
Wish they had some outside seating though..

Old 07-14-2012, 06:34 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Thanks guys...good info.

I was planning on a second trip to BJ's and so I look forward to:

Quote:
The Hub Kitchen and Cafe- very cheap, Puerto Rican/Dominican food, no alcohol license as of yet. However, has a small outside deck. 149 Street between Brook and Bergen Avenues
I always start with the same simple dish to judge a hispanic restaurant:
Pernil con arroz amarillo y frijoles negros.
Second time I move onto the Ropa Vieja

And THEN the tripe.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:43 AM

42 posts, read 201,076 times
Havana is good, but Throgg's Neck is not the South Bronx......

Anyway, there's a good Bronx Restaurant Thread to refer to:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...our-bronx.html

And Sobro's recommendations are perfect. Although not a lot of outdoor seating in the South Bronx. Little Italy has more of that sort of thing.

Buen Provecho!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City