Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 03:28 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,624,075 times

Advertisements

Also Brownsville is a horrible area. It is nothing like East Harlem. I rather live a tenement apartment in East Harlem then a house in Brownsville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 03:30 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,799,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
Anyway, these big housing projects are hard to manage and the city looses alot of money doing so. But they are the best solution to house the poor. And it works in the city. I can't think of any other America city that it works that well.
It works for the poor but there is a direct relationship between low income public housing projects, crime and urban decay. Neighborhoods with these complexes will always have these issues. In other words, they are a failure. They took on the same problems as the slums before them. Modern slums.

Last edited by Keeper; 10-01-2007 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: removed orphaned post

Old 10-01-2007, 03:32 PM

Nope East Harlem is an OK neighborhood. Not good nor bad. somewhere in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustla718 View Post
What are you talking about and I never said the city is a big bad ghetto. Go ahead and find a quote. I recommend most of the city. To you, every neighborhood in NYC is good. The city has good and bad neighborhoods. East Harlem is A BAD NEIGHBORHOOD.
I was talking about the areas tha are 'dangerous'. Now go back to work.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:22 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,992 times
I believe that 128 East 112th is at Park Avenue. There will be the sounds of the commuter rail every couple of minutes, but otherwise, you'll be fine!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:56 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,992 times
Quote:
I see keeper deleted my posts. Fair enough, but hey keeper, can you delete the Photos posted by Hustla718 which has nothing to do with East Harlem, that is actually in Brownsville or who knows where. I dont think the person who started of this thread ask to see photos of housing projects. Be fair please.
Those Brownsville photos are around Rockaway Avenue. I've been through there, and it's one abandoned housing project. OK, one abandoned PJ in a hood is bad, but that is NOT East Harlem. Brownsville and East Harlem are like comparing Apples v. Oranges!

Old 10-02-2007, 12:16 AM

9 posts, read 56,590 times
Thank's a lot for yours informations!!!
My English is not very good... I will try to explain better. In this travel I'm not going to be alone, but with my husband. We are going to stay here only little time and we are looking for a cheap hostel or hotel. I found a guest house in this area (the rate is very good), but I didn't know it... Now I think we will search in another place. Do you have some suggestions? Do you know a cheap, but cleaned hotel?
Thank's a lot!!!!!
Paola

Old 10-02-2007, 01:05 AM

842 posts, read 4,309,348 times
Quote:
Nope East Harlem is an OK neighborhood. Not good nor bad. somewhere in the middle.

I was talking about the areas tha are 'dangerous'. Now go back to work.
cyrusjul are you a troll?

Old 10-02-2007, 08:51 AM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,006 times
Try the Pod Hotel. Great location 230 E 51st Street. Very simple, small place, but clean and great rates for NYC and got good reviews. You can go to Trip Advisor and see the reviews.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXGEAR View Post
cyrusjul are you a troll?
Nope. Why do you ask? I am just a regular poster.

The thing is where you see my name and all the post that have been deleted, some of them are actually Hustla. I don't know why you only see my name. It looks like I posted alot.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared14 View Post
Thank's a lot for yours informations!!!
My English is not very good... I will try to explain better. In this travel I'm not going to be alone, but with my husband. We are going to stay here only little time and we are looking for a cheap hostel or hotel. I found a guest house in this area (the rate is very good), but I didn't know it... Now I think we will search in another place. Do you have some suggestions? Do you know a cheap, but cleaned hotel?
Thank's a lot!!!!!
Paola
There is also a hotel on 71st street between riverside drive and West End Avenue, super safe location on the Upper west Side, and my friends stay there before, but it cost about $100 a night (two years ago, now my friends crash at my place ). You do have to share bathrooms with other guests and all that. I think is called Riverside Hotel. I could be wrong though. Lots of Europeans like to stay there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: