Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2012, 03:28 PM

37,157 posts, read 39,418,669 times

Advertisements

Does anyone what's going on with the buildings between Willoughby and Fulton around where Bridge St is? Also, why are so many of the upper floors of the buildings along Fulton Mall seemingly empty? Are there some construction plans? What's a going on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 04:25 AM

101 posts, read 154,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Does anyone what's going on with the buildings between Willoughby and Fulton around where Bridge St is? Also, why are so many of the upper floors of the buildings along Fulton Mall seemingly empty? Are there some construction plans? What's a going on?
I'm curious about this too. I've noticed that as well.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:36 AM

2,896 posts, read 9,814,176 times
The Downtown Brooklyn Partnership | Looking Ahead | Downtown's Future

Old 01-03-2013, 11:20 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,249,827 times
I live in downtown brooklyn right now and there is a big renaissance of the area. Especially with NYU working to open their Applied Science programs, several new rental hi-rise condo being built, couple new hotels under construction, ton of buying/selling of lots, combined with Barclay's center actually opening...not to mention DUMBO is pretty much out of room for commercial real estate, Navy Yard is getting full but MetroTech has ton of space still. It's going to get really hot in Downtown Brooklyn.

Plus some of those buildings such as the parking lot right next to Macy were waiting to be sold for new projects. I'd also wager that owners of some of those other buildings are waiting to see what they can get their money for as downtown brooklyn experience huge resurgence. Much easier to sell a building when you only have tenants on the ground floor rather than entire building...hard to sell if you have residential tenants on upper floors and especially if you have rent stabilized.

Lastly, if you are really curious about real estate situations. You'd get better information on brownstoner.com, that site/forum is really awesome for brooklyn RE news.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:16 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,169,141 times
There are major redevelopment projects planned for Downtown BK. One of the most exciting neighborhoods in NYC in terms of development.

Curbed NY: Downtown Brooklyn Archives

Downtown Brooklyn Development

Old 01-03-2013, 05:46 PM

5,464 posts, read 5,712,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
That's 388 Bridge St construction site, future 53 floor condo/rental tower.

The empty lots further on Willoughby near Flatbush ave are CityPoint Phase 2 and CityPoint Phase 3 lots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babo111 View Post
MetroTech has ton of space still.
I work at 15 Metrotech and they just had the Nets admin/management move in as well as New York State Tax Department (Brooklyn branch), so the building is full as far as I know. I don't know about other buildings at MetroTech complex though.

Last edited by Gantz; 01-03-2013 at 05:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City