Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 08:27 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,622,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike12326 View Post
But that little street along 180th Street between Ft Washington and Broadway UL often find a few unwanted ppl hanging out outside their buildings with their loud music, and drinking liquor.
I lived on that very block for six months and my building was the absolute worst. One night, well after midnight, some people BROUGHT A COUCH onto the sidewalk in front of the building. Not lawn furniture, a real living room couch. That was when I decided I had to move to a quieter block.

For the most part, though, west of Broadway above 168th is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 09:51 AM

175 posts, read 353,575 times
Really really good food in those parts. I don't think anyone can cook better than the Dominicans and you are going to be at ground zero.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:02 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,274,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
I lived on that very block for six months and my building was the absolute worst. One night, well after midnight, some people BROUGHT A COUCH onto the sidewalk in front of the building. Not lawn furniture, a real living room couch. That was when I decided I had to move to a quieter block.

For the most part, though, west of Broadway above 168th is good.
Lol, I hadnt heard about someone doing that in a long long time. That used to be a very common sight back in the day in wash heights. People hanging out in front of a building sitting on a couch or wait for it...car seats!!

So yeah this area has come a long long way. Funny thing I was at 175th and fort wash today. Fort wash is nicer further up but I like most of that stretch.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:46 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,070,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Lol, I hadnt heard about someone doing that in a long long time. That used to be a very common sight back in the day in wash heights. People hanging out in front of a building sitting on a couch or wait for it...car seats!!

So yeah this area has come a long long way. Funny thing I was at 175th and fort wash today. Fort wash is nicer further up but I like most of that stretch.
I can't believe you grew up on W 163rd street. How did you manage to survive? You, have my utmost respect, and I consider you a street legend.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:43 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,274,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
I can't believe you grew up on W 163rd street. How did you manage to survive? You, have my utmost respect, and I consider you a street legend.
I never said I grew up on 163rd. Maybe your confusing me. I did grow up on 160th though which was pretty brutal itself.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:05 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,070,041 times
Same thing, you were in ground zero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: