Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 09:49 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times

Advertisements

Gee..isn't this a big surprise.....

From an article in the NY Daily News today:

The latest NYPD statistics show that crime is centered overwhelmingly in minority-group neighborhoods — buttressing a key argument Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly makes to justify his controversial stop-and-frisk policy.
Citing an NYPD analysis of stats for the first six months of the year, Kelly said Wednesday that 96% of shooting victims are black or Hispanic — and in 97% of all shootings, the trigger was pulled by other blacks and Hispanics.
Kelly in recent months has repeatedly said minority-group leaders and civil liberties advocates complain about stop-and-frisk tactics but do nothing to help combat crime in minority neighborhoods.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:01 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times
The big surprise here is that Ray Kelly can say a boldfaced lie that leaders and community members do nothing about the violence in the community. I mean really? Should they be taking up guns and shooting criminals themselves? We are supposed to believe he, the captain of the NYPD who has been on the force since the dawn of time, is oblivious to all the community organizations, rallies, and public outcries to stem the violence which have been going on for DECADES? Really?

Then he can also simply ignore the fact that these communities have been purposely isolated, segregated, stripped of resources and opportunities, then blame them for crime?! Really? You gotta love the revisionist history that is so rampant these days.

Ray Kelly is an old school bully cop, except he can't beat people with clubs anymore....now he spews lies and rewrites history to make people of color the bad guys. What he does is breaks someone's legs so they can never walk again, then comes back 5 years later and blames him for being on disability and not walking because he is "lazy" and tries to convince him that "the past is the past get over it." That's the mentality of Ray Kelly and the mentality of the police force he fosters.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:12 AM

You obviously have trouble with the truth.

Let me quote some more of the article that might help you rid yourself of the tired old liberal mantra of making excuses for minority crime.

Bishop Gerald Seabrooks of Rehoboth Cathedral said the partnership has paid off and will continue to do so if parents work harder at raising their kids.
“I think it’s more of a spiritual problem than a jobs problem,” he said. “In the 1930s, we didn’t have jobs, but we weren’t killing each other.”

Old 09-06-2012, 11:01 AM

30 posts, read 54,007 times
LOL im literally laughing out loud at Sobro! I am not shocked at your stupid comments, rather I am enthused! The numbers speak for themselves 96%!!! People like you enable them though because you just make excuses for their behavior.

Gpsma- I read that article too and frankly I'm not surprised at all

Old 09-06-2012, 11:04 AM

LOL at the fact you think Ray Kelly doctored these numbers up. Let me guess, Ray Kelly is sitting in his office with numbers saying how shootings were amongst white people and blacks and hispanics do nothing, but I hate blacks/Hispanics so im gonna change the numbers to nearly 100% black/Hispanic shootings to show the world they are trash! You are so delusional I feel sorry for your parents, wife, children!

Old 09-06-2012, 11:32 AM

That's funny...so we were death free in the 1930s...I guess the Irish Mob, the Jewish Mob, the Italian Mob, and all those street gangs were just playing cards!

The usual revisionist history folks....nobody was killing anyone prior to 1960! Who knew! Just like these innercity communities of color are just standing around doing nothing to fight crime. RIGHT! Oh and let's not forget, people of color are evil and prone to crime, and whites are the real victims in society. There is nobody we should feel sorry for more than a white man and woman...haven't they suffered enough at the hands of these evil people of color over the past 200 years? That's the new history being written by Ray Kelly.

Ray Kelly is spewing some pretty nasty rhetoric...and with any luck he won't be around come 2013. It's time for him to go.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:38 AM

You can lead a horse to water but you can never get SobGuy to admit the truth.

Keep making excuses for minority community. They need all the excuses they can get.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:41 AM

You mean keep speaking the truth...and that I shall do. You are welcome to rewrite history and reality all you like, but I will call you out on it every time.

A real leader would acknowledge all the work that community organizations, community leaders, and residents have done and are still doing to take back their community and recommend working harder with police to be more effective. But not Ray Kelly! According to him, they have never done anything, and they are to blame! Gotta love the ignorant (and purposeful) rhetoric.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:42 AM

lol is the article talking about the 1930's the 1960's or any other years other than 2012? You bring up pointless rants that have no use on this thread! IN 2012, 96% of shootings are linked to black/hispanic. Lol it doesnt say, but lets not forget the Irish and Italians killed people in the 60's lol.

And since you bring the irish and italian up, almost 95% of their murders were cleaned up and not put on public display, hence the "we're gonna make him disappear" quotes you always hear in those movies. They werent running around like lunatics shooting children (who should be in bed at 1230am while being 10 yrs old) or having their bullets killing infants. Its funny how you suck them off and condone their behavior and point the finger at everyone else other than the people who truly deserve it!

In all seriousness, you think this stuff is made up?

Old 09-06-2012, 11:46 AM

So it's cool if they murder lots of people, so long as they do it quietly and only to those who really deserve it! Pay attention to NYJets99 and GPSMA's comments closely and use your critical thinking skills. They are for entertainment purposes only and simply regurgitate whatever mindless dribble is fed to them. They also enjoy making up facts, history, and illogical reasoning to suit whatever their point of view is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City