Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2013, 10:33 AM

20 posts, read 53,323 times

Advertisements

Yeah the money order is submitted in person only after they review your documents, give you an appointment, you have the interview and if pass the interview THEN they ask you to leave the money order. I've realized there is a huge discrepancy on how they process the potential tenants, some have only waited 6 weeks between notice and MOVING date, others more, but has anyone been put on a wild goose chase for 5 months? Or is this an unprecedented case?
Also, does anyone know how many years back they have to check for taxes? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 07:20 AM

107 posts, read 246,108 times
I have got approved by the developer, have been told to wait two weeks before they send the paper work to the city. Its been 5 months since then, I have been told that my unit its still under contraction.
They didn't send my paper work to the city and I didn't sign a lease.
What should I do?
I find it strange that they didnt sign me or send my paper work to the city. I just got an email last week saying that my unit is not ready and probably I would need to submit more documents before they send it to the city. I just dont get it, If I'm approved how come they are holding my file??? I have got the approval phone call last Feb :-(

Old 08-04-2013, 11:28 AM

Yes, it's so weird! Pass everything but they keep asking for new proof of income every couple of months.. Are you self employed or freelancer? If so I'm realizing they want to keep testing the income to see if it still qualifies..

Old 08-04-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by need1apt View Post
Yes, it's so weird! Pass everything but they keep asking for new proof of income every couple of months.. Are you self employed or freelancer? If so I'm realizing they want to keep testing the income to see if it still qualifies..
I am self employed . Its so frustrating , I just want to know if yes or no so I can move on. My income is the same, I'll make the same profit this year as i made in the last 3 years.
Should I email them?

Old 08-04-2013, 07:49 PM

Yeah that's why.. You should call them, and they're most likely gonna ask you for more proof of income to see what you've made since Feb, like bank statements or however you get paid. It's crazy! Keep us posted. Don't give up!

Old 08-05-2013, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Yeah that's why.. You should call them, and they're most likely gonna ask you for more proof of income to see what you've made since Feb, like bank statements or however you get paid. It's crazy! Keep us posted. Don't give up!

I wonder if it's legal to tell me that I'm approved and my file will be send to the city in a week but hold the file for 8 months!?

Old 08-05-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applicant View Post
My studio in 530 is 475 sq with a separate kitchen. The one bedrooms are a bit bigger, but not really all that much - most have a corner kitchen in the living area and the bedroom is not that large, although all of the bathrooms are very big. Gas and water are included. Heat is included, but not AC. How the heat works is a little confusing though. The window AC unit is also a heat unit and is electric, so I guess its only supplemental and the building heats the apartments in another way. However, no one has been able to explain that clearly. My apartment had window shades in the living room and kitchen. Dont' know about the 550 or 511 buildings though.
I have a stupid question, In your studio How many windows do you have ? Is it floor to floor to ceiling window? Stupid question but I have my reason

Old 08-05-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychh View Post
I wonder if it's legal to tell me that I'm approved and my file will be send to the city in a week but hold the file for 8 months!?
Me too... But how do we find out, if is the manager doing this and there's no access to the supervisor? In another 80/20 development I had the interview, a month later told I didn't qualify but by then I did and appealed, and they responded that YOU HAVE TO BE ELIGIBLE AT THE TIME OF THE INTERVIEW. So how come on this one you are eligible at the time of the interview, but they keep your application on the back burner for months until hopefully you don't qualify? In the meantime they are calling new applicants from far away that are not even on this community board when we're supposed to have PREFERENCE FOR 50% OF THE UNITS!! The last email I also forwarded it to the developers email but I don't know if they get involved in this type of predicament

Old 08-05-2013, 02:14 PM

14 posts, read 48,353 times
I think you all might want to take a deep breath and realize that there are almost 700 affordable units in a massive construction project that are being rented out and the process is lengthy and loaded with paperwork. Also, there are three separate buildings, only one of which is even habitable yet. It's going to take a while.

But you should understand that they WANT to rent the apartments. They aren't waiting around for better tenants. The RE agents want to rent the apartments and get paid. The developer wants to rent the apartments, not let empty apartments sit which would lose them money. But they can only process so much paperwork, finish construction on so many apartments, and move so many people in at time. Not very long ago, this was nothing but an empty lot, so give them a little time.

That being said, they will consistently check your income almost up until the day you sign the lease. That part of the ballgame, so get used to it. I gave them new pay stubs every time I went in to sign a paper or see the space.

Lastly, I have a studio with a separate kitchen. I have an approximately 100 by 63 inch window in the living area and a window in the kitchen that is about 2.5 feet by 3.5 or 4 feet. They are not floor to ceiling and they only open up about fist width (which is a bit of a drawback).

Old 08-05-2013, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Me too... But how do we find out, if is the manager doing this and there's no access to the supervisor? In another 80/20 development I had the interview, a month later told I didn't qualify but by then I did and appealed, and they responded that YOU HAVE TO BE ELIGIBLE AT THE TIME OF THE INTERVIEW. So how come on this one you are eligible at the time of the interview, but they keep your application on the back burner for months until hopefully you don't qualify? In the meantime they are calling new applicants from far away that are not even on this community board when we're supposed to have PREFERENCE FOR 50% OF THE UNITS!! The last email I also forwarded it to the developers email but I don't know if they get involved in this type of predicament
Are you you self employed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery