Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 01:02 PM

235 posts, read 373,880 times

Advertisements

Somebody posted this on Curbed... Is this real?? Sounds like one of those Scams.

Moderator cut: Copyright issue - link, please

Murray Hill Co-op Hit With $1 Million Discrimination Suit - Lawsuits - Curbed NY

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-25-2012 at 11:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 01:14 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,999,611 times
joke post

Old 10-25-2012, 01:19 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,025,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokistic View Post
Somebody posted this on Curbed... Is this real?? Sounds like one of those Scams.

Murray Hill Co-op Hit With $1 Million Discrimination Suit - Lawsuits - Curbed NY
LOL! People are so wrong!!

Old 10-25-2012, 04:40 PM

559 posts, read 1,111,419 times
But coops are private entities, and isn't there freedom of association? If I pay for the dinner date, does that entitle me to become the significant other of my date? Surely my date still has the right to reject me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyobserveher View Post
I hope he wins every penny. Seriously. That's disgusting.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:58 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,069,701 times
Sorry guys but there is something very weird about what this guy is claiming. The curbed article says :

"The Daily news reports that Thandrayen put the entire cost of the unit into a bank account for the board, and he handed over more than a year's worth of maintenance fees."

Sorry but no one "hands over a years worth of maintenance" on any co op or condo unless and until there has been a closing and title or the shares in the corporation have been transferred to the owner.You don't "hand over " a days worth of maintenance,let alone a years worth until you are an owner. This guy was rejected before there was any sale so there is no way he handed anything over to anyone.Think about it.

He claims to be a successful business man with "global investments" but he is worried that he will now be accused of money laundering ? Right .

Also,studio apartments in this building seem to sell from the mid 200's to the mid 300's so I don't know what he was doing supposedly paying 445 for one.

Honestly,this whole thing is sounding more and more like joke to me . Won't be surprised if the whole thing gets dismissed.

Last edited by bluedog2; 10-25-2012 at 05:15 PM..

Old 10-25-2012, 05:01 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,238,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanintllctl View Post
But coops are private entities, and isn't there freedom of association? If I pay for the dinner date, does that entitle me to become the significant other of my date? Surely my date still has the right to reject me?
Fair Housing Laws and Presidential Executive Orders - HUD

Old 10-25-2012, 05:03 PM

And if one day abortion or homosexuality are outlawed, you'll cite the law as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post

Old 10-25-2012, 05:11 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,238,927 times
The guy is claiming he was rejected due to discriminatory reasons, thats why that law is pertinent. He is not claiming he got rejected just because...

I do see what you are saying bluedog. Something doesnt quite jive. Maybe this guy is just trying to fish for a settlement...

Old 10-25-2012, 05:14 PM

110 posts, read 200,567 times
He neither looks very black nor very Indian. As could be surmised by his name the guy is mostly white or Jewish white.
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...p25n-1-web.jpg

If he was rejected based on race, which I find hard to believe after looking at him, that would be against the law.

We should go back to the days when communities were legally permitted to exclude people based on race. I could care less if some black deli owner didn't permit whites in his business.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-25-2012 at 11:13 PM.. Reason: Copyright issue - post only your own pictures

Old 10-25-2012, 05:14 PM

In the dating scene, they also put you through hoops and reject you for the "flimsiest" reasons. Freedom of choice, freedom of association. Not the church, not the state, shall decide a person's fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
The guy is claiming he was rejected due to discriminatory reasons, thats why that law is pertinent. He is not claiming he got rejected just because...

I do see what you are saying bluedog. Something doesnt quite jive. Maybe this guy is just trying to fish for a settlement...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: