Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 04:54 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
White people are not bothered by the word cracker
We dont like honky either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 04:55 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
We dont like honky either

I never knew white people were bothered by cracker or honky

Old 07-14-2013, 05:07 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,207,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
You do have to be careful when you're drunk and angry. This guy wasn't.

The black guy wishes he hadn't decked him though, guaranteed. Now he's got expensive and time consuming legal trouble. Getting violent with somebody is almost never worth it, even if they have it coming.
Like BMW said one can get violent if he feels he or people around him are in danger of physical harm. Verbal abuse or verbal threat or verbal taunting do not however qualify as physical harm. It seems that some in this board do not yet understand that. This ain't 3rd Grade. For a grown man, these situations are very costly, and not worth-it.

You can tell me a million times you will punch me in the face, but unless you swing, I really have no right to pre-empt you. My sensible option is really to leave. If you block me, then you're about to feel the BFH.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:12 PM

37,155 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Quote:
So its ok for a white guy to hit a drunken black if he calls the white guy a cracker?
Like if a belligerent drunk stranger yells that at you and intimates a fight while you're out with your loved one? I'd guess public opinion would probably also side against the perpetrator no matter which two categories of people you have.

Let's put it this way. If that scenario you described happened but it was a white couple faced with a belligerent drunk stranger who was black, what would your reaction be? Would you be pretty quick to put the blame on the guy who punched or the guy who initiated the aggression?

Old 07-14-2013, 05:49 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
You do have to be careful when you're drunk and angry. This guy wasn't.

The black guy wishes he hadn't decked him though, guaranteed. Now he's got expensive and time consuming legal trouble. Getting violent with somebody is almost never worth it, even if they have it coming.
The thing is, if someone is coming at you or threatening to come at you, you can react without thinking. The bottom line is don't go after someone when you're drunk.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
So its ok for a white guy to hit a drunken black if he calls the white guy a cracker?
I've seen guys of all races knock out belligerent drunks. I've seen an entire bar beat up a belligerent drunk.

I saw a drunk drag queen break a glass on a dude's head, and the dude proceeded to beat the drag queen down.

You do have to be very careful when drinking. This sort of stuff happens ALL THE TIME. The post reported on it from a racial angle, but withdraw the racial angle, and it still would have happened like this.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:55 PM

And it amazes me all of you apologists don't want to say how dangerous it is to be that drunk and come after people. The man was stumbling on tables, and according to some reports, sat on a woman's slap. What if the woman was a knife or gun carrying woman? He could have been shot or killed.

This man was WRECKLESSLY DRUNK, and acting like a complete ass. He paid the price for it. If he hadn't have been Douglas who punched him out, it would have been someone else. What if he tried with someone truly homicidal and had gotten himself killed?

Despite the claims of Bloomberg to have cleaned up the city, you have some very bad elements out there and I personally know people who carry weapons. Maybe this should be a wakeup call to Austin to STOP DRINKING!!

Old 07-14-2013, 06:22 PM

37,155 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I've seen guys of all races knock out belligerent drunks. I've seen an entire bar beat up a belligerent drunk.

I saw a drunk drag queen break a glass on a dude's head, and the dude proceeded to beat the drag queen down.

You do have to be very careful when drinking. This sort of stuff happens ALL THE TIME. The post reported on it from a racial angle, but withdraw the racial angle, and it still would have happened like this.
Yep, if it were the same race for the couple and the drunk pulling the same thing even without a racial epithet, there's still a good chance someone gets decked. This is about someone drunk and wreckless.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:14 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,403,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
"Defuse. "
Typing on phone, so there are typos. Nobody's perfect, but thanks for the correction, though grammar is not a requirement for posting on C-D.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 07-15-2013, 08:42 AM

706 posts, read 1,042,362 times
They say alcohol removes all inhibitions so maybe this guy was a down-low racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: