Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 06:17 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
LMAO at the silly naivete!

Dorothy, has it really taken SIX years and a birth to realize, "you ain't in Kansas anymore"???

Move to anotheer "area"? Unless you mean out of NYC, where might that be?

All because some "kid" cursed you, because you treated her ***rudely*** and inhumanely!! You weren't in the "subway", you were in your NEIGHBORHOOD, on your BLOCK, in front of YOUR house!! A place and circumstance, where one s/b be at their most neighborliy and friendly, but you choose to be the opposite!

Rather than be concern for this CHILD, asking yourself, as a responsible and considerate ADULT, what this child's needs and concerns might be, that are causing the child to be begging in the streets?!

Is she a neighbor's child? Is the child in desparate need (which might be cause for such a reaction? Does the chilld simply want to buy a popsicle? Is the child hungry? What??

You weren't interested or concerned for the child in any manner. You communicated that quite directly, and you, adult, question the child's behavior. How absurd!!

I think it is your parents who need to be informed of your bad behaviour and the poor job they have done raising you, and instilling basic human decency!

So, now you consider moving to another "area". I wonder WHAT positive attributes will you bring to my neighborhood; and, I wonder if I would allow my children to play with your daughter (rude princess in the making)?

I wonder, is THIS how Transplants are making neighborhoods *better"?

Besides, if what you can afford takes you out to Gravesend, then where w/b better for your daughter? Back to Transplantland maybe?
LOL. yeah right. Sounds like a do as i say not as i do post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 06:19 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,689,401 times
in 1992 i was rudely asked for money by a caucasian kid on Broadway and 242nd street who claimed he needed bus $$$ to get back to Pearl River, NY (area where i grew up) because his mom kicked him out (I wonder why...??!!). when i said "no" he made a gesture but didn't do anything. that was my first and only near encounter. any other beggings for $$ were very polite and apologetic

heck why would a kid from Pearl River end up in Riverdale??!! he could have just gone across the border to NJ to beg...!!!

Old 09-04-2013, 06:22 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,898 times
Quote:

Dorothy, has it really taken SIX years and a birth to realize, "you ain't in Kansas anymore"???

All because some "kid" cursed you, because you treated her ***rudely*** and inhumanely!! You weren't in the "subway", you were in your NEIGHBORHOOD, on your BLOCK, in front of YOUR house!! A place and circumstance, where one s/b be at their most neighborliy and friendly, but you choose to be the opposite!

Rather than be concern for this CHILD, asking yourself, as a responsible and considerate ADULT, what this child's needs and concerns might be, that are causing the child to be begging in the streets?!

Is she a neighbor's child? Is the child in desparate need (which might be cause for such a reaction? Does the chilld simply want to buy a popsicle? Is the child hungry? What??

You weren't interested or concerned for the child in any manner. You communicated that quite directly, and you, adult, question the child's behavior. How absurd!!

I think it is your parents who need to be informed of your bad behaviour and the poor job they have done raising you, and instilling basic human decency!

So, now you consider moving to another "area". I wonder WHAT positive attributes will you bring to my neighborhood; and, I wonder if I would allow my children to play with your daughter (rude princess in the making)?

Besides, if what you can afford takes you out to Gravesend, then where w/b better for your daughter? Back to Transplantland maybe?
Keep making excuses for typical rude and offensive NYC behaviour. But remember, to always call it the best city in the world. More like a first class sewer.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:41 PM

448 posts, read 685,361 times
So because a little girl cursed at you, you fear for your daughter's life, and want to move?

A LITTLE girl, has you thinking about moving? Really?

I'm not even trying to be funny. I'm serious.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:36 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by test918 View Post
I live in the gravesend area in Brooklyn. I've been live there for the past 6 years and have never encounter something like this before. This is the first time. I am starting worried about my daughter now who is only 1.5 year old. May consider to move to other area.
You can find rude people anywhere. You cannot escape the f-word

Old 09-04-2013, 07:55 PM

268 posts, read 480,958 times
Quote:

It reads like jcoltrane has been hittin' that bottom flame again..

Old 09-04-2013, 08:04 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
This teenage girl once told me a story about her mother dropped her off and she was short of some change. I gave her a dollar just because I thought she told the story well didn't matter if it was the truth or not.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:36 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,836,582 times
Quote:
I live in the gravesend area in Brooklyn. I've been live there for the past 6 years and have never encounter something like this before. This is the first time. I am starting worried about my daughter now who is only 1.5 year old. May consider to move to other area.
Moving because someone swore at you?

I got mugged 3 blocks from my apartment and even I didn't move. Well I eventually did bc I wanted to live in another area. But I still go back there all the time. Because it's a good area and it was one incident.

Geez, you are thin skinned.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:28 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,917,376 times
Quote:
These things happens all the time and almost anywhere. I use to deal with it on trains myself, I usually just ignore them. Odd are whoever this is has bad parents, that's all.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:33 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,242,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
These things happens all the time and almost anywhere. ... just ignore them.
Agreed that OP should completely ignore.
Engaging in dialogue, or even slowing down, much less stopping, just gives the beggar control of the situation. She has got you to notice & engage her, which is not good for you. Even worse, would be acceding to her request. Once you open your handbag, you're risking even further intrusion. The girl could grab your wallet, or knock your handbag to the ground, spilling its contents. Ignoring is the best & safest policy.
I usually carry a couple of singles in my pocket. If I want to help someone out, I can pull a dollar out, donate it & just keep walking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City