Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2014, 08:35 AM

129 posts, read 200,449 times

Advertisements

how do you get DQed at fbf? if you fail your road test will u be DQed? what else DQs you?

Old 02-20-2014, 08:46 AM

80 posts, read 110,280 times
AWOL, thanks for answering all these questions, ur a big help.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:02 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan9 View Post
how do you get DQed at fbf? if you fail your road test will u be DQed? what else DQs you?
Hmm you are misunderstanding. I shall endeavor to be more precise.

Before being hired, you need a CDL and can get one from FBF. The minute you go to pre-orientation you can sign up for the one week training course at FBF. Which means before you even take your medical. Then you take your medical and many start FBF before their medical results come back. If you fail the medical you are DQed...so if you already did 2 days of the 5 training days...they are still going to boot you out at that moment. Some people have finished the whole week and gotten their CDL before test results come back...at that point they can't take your CDL away.

You only get the 5 days then a 6th day they drive you to the road test sight they randomly assign you (Queens, SI, or BX). If you fail the road test you'll have to simply take it again on your own. You're not DQed from anything if you fail your road test...but obviously you cannot be hired until you then get the CDL on your own. Other things besides medical that can DQ you are open court cases, pending moving violations, any suspension or revocation of license at time of hire, any lies you are caught in such as not foreclosing arrests or fake hs diplomas. Lack of proof of residency from when you took the test won't DQ you but you'll lose the 5 points and your list number will be changed giving you little hope of being hired

After that you'll not see FBF again until you're hired. At that point if they kick you out consider yourself fired lol.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:50 PM

Hi,

When are u able to request for a garage? Does that happen a little after ur hired? Is it after ur 18 month probation? I know I'll be all over for a time when/if hired but I was just curious, I'm in northern manhattan so Bronx or manhattan would be good I think .....thanks!

Old 02-20-2014, 02:03 PM

72 posts, read 92,488 times
I have a letter from my doctor saying I'm 100% no restrictions.so I have to wait n get skipped while appeal goes on? Is there anything I can do before that? My #4525. Also do people win appeals and how long they take usually? Thanks you guys help is appreciated. And you's doin great job with this snow

Old 02-20-2014, 03:24 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,970,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dscottk View Post
Hi,

When are u able to request for a garage? Does that happen a little after ur hired? Is it after ur 18 month probation? I know I'll be all over for a time when/if hired but I was just curious, I'm in northern manhattan so Bronx or manhattan would be good I think .....thanks!
You can put in a request for transfer on you very first day in your assigned district after Floyd Bennet field training. The way it works is that when they hire new classes and they get assigned they will also process transfers, some kids from my class transfered out right away. You don't automatically get the transfer thought, the garage you choose has to need guys. The northern manhattan and Bronx garages are typically considered less desirable garages because a large percentage of the workforce seems to come from SI and Brooklyn so the commute is tough. For this reason those garages always tend to get guys from new hire classes, you may get a garage close to your home right off the bat, and if not shouldn't have too hard of a time transferring to where you want.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:28 PM

129 posts, read 200,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Hmm you are misunderstanding. I shall endeavor to be more precise.

Before being hired, you need a CDL and can get one from FBF. The minute you go to pre-orientation you can sign up for the one week training course at FBF. Which means before you even take your medical. Then you take your medical and many start FBF before their medical results come back. If you fail the medical you are DQed...so if you already did 2 days of the 5 training days...they are still going to boot you out at that moment. Some people have finished the whole week and gotten their CDL before test results come back...at that point they can't take your CDL away.

You only get the 5 days then a 6th day they drive you to the road test sight they randomly assign you (Queens, SI, or BX). If you fail the road test you'll have to simply take it again on your own. You're not DQed from anything if you fail your road test...but obviously you cannot be hired until you then get the CDL on your own. Other things besides medical that can DQ you are open court cases, pending moving violations, any suspension or revocation of license at time of hire, any lies you are caught in such as not foreclosing arrests or fake hs diplomas. Lack of proof of residency from when you took the test won't DQ you but you'll lose the 5 points and your list number will be changed giving you little hope of being hired

After that you'll not see FBF again until you're hired. At that point if they kick you out consider yourself fired lol.
thank you awol.. u r always very helpful! u said if u are caught lying about arrests you are DQed.. are you able to be hired if you were arrested before(you tell the truth)?

Old 02-20-2014, 04:21 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan9 View Post
thank you awol.. u r always very helpful! u said if u are caught lying about arrests you are DQed.. are you able to be hired if you were arrested before(you tell the truth)?
If you've been arrested and paid your debt, you're good. Just write them down and bring proof that you served whatever debt

Old 02-20-2014, 05:35 PM

15 posts, read 27,524 times
AWOL if they do cdl training again in march as the rumors have implied will they start new hire classes during that time as well

Old 02-20-2014, 05:45 PM

MIKFLEYE3 thanks for answering!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City