Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2013, 09:24 PM

206 posts, read 300,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredreckerstillwaiting View Post
Hello, I just wnated to tell you and TommyT1980 and whoever might be going through the same thing we're going through is that I was medically dq for an x-ray. My group was called for fp in aug and that's when they reached my list # so that's when I started the appeal prosses, sept, oct, AND nov class went in after that and my appeal is still pending smh. So I say that to say once they get to your number next year then you have to appeal it and that takes months so most likely most people with a dq in 2014 will probably have to wait until 2015. I'm so sorry to share this news because I know how heart breaking it can be trust me, but just think its better to know theese things. I'm sure others on this forum would agree with me. Smh. Sorry again just speaking from experience
Hi , im sorry to hear you are going thru all this. I prayer your appeal gets resolved quickly so you can be first in class next year. I know how heart breaking it must be because my husband was medically DQ due to a medicine he no longer takes. His number wasn't suppose to be called hopefully until next year but we worry about the process. Hopefully we can fix it before time . Thank you for sharing this information this will all be ok and you will be on next year.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:56 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,333 times
Gotta love when the new guys go car down on day 4 of their career.

Old 11-15-2013, 04:13 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,970,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Gotta love when the new guys go car down on day 4 of their career.
Wtf is wrong with people lol
Xwops, emergency, car down, AWOL, DUI, LoDI, I was certain these were all things I wouldn't see until I got to the district and every single one has happened in class... Smh

Old 11-15-2013, 04:56 AM

733 posts, read 1,164,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
Wtf is wrong with people lol
Xwops, emergency, car down, AWOL, DUI, LoDI, I was certain these were all things I wouldn't see until I got to the district and every single one has happened in class... Smh
You have no power over your car going down its a a honest problem people face

Old 11-15-2013, 05:09 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,970,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyblack View Post
You have no power over your car going down its a a honest problem people face
Your 100 percent right, hopefully it's smooth sailing for me

Old 11-15-2013, 05:14 AM

49 posts, read 78,799 times
Driving into fbf at 0530 in the dark and seeing all the zombies walking in the weeds from the bus stop was fun, you need a car period.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:35 AM

44 posts, read 77,216 times
Will a previous suspended license prevent me from getting in. I had a DWAI which is a violation. Thx

Old 11-15-2013, 05:38 AM

65 posts, read 139,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Talk about a Debbie downer, wow lol. You would last about a week on this job, not kidding and putting it nicely. In all my years, the things I have seen go on would make your head spin. I expected more from you, your one of the least PC guys on this forum. Are you ok today? Doesn't seem like the same person.
I didnt know water balloons had age limits on them lol. Its harmless fun that cant hurt anyone. By far not the most immature thing that happens otj. Not to mention water balloons are just simply awesome. Its guys like the downer that get double the water balloons because he doesnt think its funny. Word of advice to new guys, dont take whats done or said to you on this job too seriously 98% of it is said joking around. And if you show something gets to you be prepared for twice as much of it.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:02 AM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudini30 View Post
Will a previous suspended license prevent me from getting in. I had a DWAI which is a violation. Thx
As long as you are currently in good standing with your license and have nothing pending then no it will have no effect on you getting the job.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:40 AM

44 posts, read 77,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
As long as you are currently in good standing with your license and have nothing pending then no it will have no effect on you getting the job.
Thank you so much. My license is in good standing and i have no criminal record. Hoping now with my list # in the 6,200, I'll get the job. This is the 2nd list am in and would hate to take the test a 3rd time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City