Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2014, 12:50 PM

71 posts, read 77,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ0405 View Post
I just want to say that I have read this entire forum from beginning to end. It is really amazing what you all have done. The transparency really helps people be a little more at ease with this whole process... Currently waiting for city approval.

@joyero - I believe you mentioned you have a car? If so, how is parking in the neighborhood?

gooooood luck!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 02:18 PM

108 posts, read 106,581 times
Quote:
I just want to say that I have read this entire forum from beginning to end. It is really amazing what you all have done. The transparency really helps people be a little more at ease with this whole process... Currently waiting for city approval.

@joyero - I believe you mentioned you have a car? If so, how is parking in the neighborhood?
I actually said I am looking forward to getting a car. I can however tell you about parking. I can safely say, from the times I have been in the building and the area, parking will be no problem. There are and have been plenty of parking spots. You may find alternate side parking a bother, but i noticed people double park until the sweep is done, and they go right back into the parking spot. Lexington between 131 to 128th has plenty of parking on both sides, as well as side streets. Also by park avenue, same situation, there shouldn't be a problem finding parking.

Good luck on city approval keep us updated!!

Old 04-15-2014, 04:06 PM

11 posts, read 15,311 times
Thank you!!!

Old 04-16-2014, 02:04 AM

14 posts, read 18,769 times
Quote:

AJ0405, when was your application filed with the city? How many days have you been waiting for the city approval? Are you getting a one or two bedroom?

Old 04-16-2014, 09:06 AM

71 posts, read 77,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyero View Post
i actually said i am looking forward to getting a car. I can however tell you about parking. I can safely say, from the times i have been in the building and the area, parking will be no problem. There are and have been plenty of parking spots. You may find alternate side parking a bother, but i noticed people double park until the sweep is done, and they go right back into the parking spot. Lexington between 131 to 128th has plenty of parking on both sides, as well as side streets. Also by park avenue, same situation, there shouldn't be a problem finding parking.

Good luck on city approval keep us updated!!

awesome news! I too am looking to get a car

Old 04-17-2014, 10:37 PM

11 posts, read 15,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgjl View Post
AJ0405, when was your application filed with the city? How many days have you been waiting for the city approval? Are you getting a one or two bedroom?
Been waiting less than a week. 1 bedroom.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:55 PM

222 posts, read 185,714 times
Here is my story. Y'all ready?

So as you all know I was made to sign city release and other paperworks and to this date I don't know what all I signed. I'd say well over 15 pages though. 4 weeks AFTER my interview I was told the owners did not approve me because of my credit. There was 5 items there 4 of them from 10-15 years ago. 1 item was there recently (that one of the higher level people said was the damaging thing and that the others were past the statute of limitations AND were at 0 bal and 0 days past due) and the company that put it there emailed me immediately that it was a mistake had it removed from the report. Removed completely. As a matter of fact so immediate that once it was removed my credit score jumped up from the 620s to the 640s according to the email I received from the company I use to monitor my credit. And the limit on my credit cards increased later that day also. So therefore I know that when k and r reviewed the revised report they saw such things also.

However NOW the same gentleman who told me those things from 10-15 years ago were not an issue all of a sudden they were. Then I responded that I was told by him that 5 or more infractions called for disqualification and that I only had 4 infractions. He forgot he told me that he looked dumb founded. I also informed them that they are the first people in over 10 years to take issue with my credit. I've been approved for just about anything I've applied for that required a credit check including some expensive apartments INCLUDING Harlem river point north (the apt I was shown was too small- I literally walked in and saw the whole apartment and they never told me it was a studio and had the nerve to ask me what a single male would want with a 1 br. God forbid I'd want a wife). I then informed him that I was aware of the game he was playing (they obviously preferred someone/people over me) and I wished them luck. The lower level agent walked with me out and said he was glad that I had stuck up for myself because he and his supervisor also knew that my application wasn't liked from the very beginning.

I called the city resources (HPD) and they told me I had a very good case if my credit is what I said it was. I told her I had the credit report in front of me. She was ready to file a charge on my behalf I told her no because the result would be (if it went my way) to live in HRPS and have to deal with K And R and that that was no longer my desire. Then called a credit beareau about my credit report and they even reviewed it and said "the only reason they used those infractions is because they wanted someone else. I've never heard of people using a credit infraction from 10-15 years ago". However those infractions are now in the process of being removed.

Thank you all though for your info and I wish you the best of luck with your apartments. I'm being shown a 1 br in the Bronx on Monday and was given some log #s for other housing as well. I'll be keeping up and maybe we can all still have pot roast.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:09 PM

108 posts, read 106,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justw8 View Post
Here is my story. Y'all ready?

So as you all know I was made to sign city release and other paperworks and to this date I don't know what all I signed. I'd say well over 15 pages though. 4 weeks AFTER my interview I was told the owners did not approve me because of my credit. There was 5 items there 4 of them from 10-15 years ago. 1 item was there recently (that one of the higher level people said was the damaging thing and that the others were past the statute of limitations AND were at 0 bal and 0 days past due) and the company that put it there emailed me immediately that it was a mistake had it removed from the report. Removed completely. As a matter of fact so immediate that once it was removed my credit score jumped up from the 620s to the 640s according to the email I received from the company I use to monitor my credit. And the limit on my credit cards increased later that day also. So therefore I know that when k and r reviewed the revised report they saw such things also.

However NOW the same gentleman who told me those things from 10-15 years ago were not an issue all of a sudden they were. Then I responded that I was told by him that 5 or more infractions called for disqualification and that I only had 4 infractions. He forgot he told me that he looked dumb founded. I also informed them that they are the first people in over 10 years to take issue with my credit. I've been approved for just about anything I've applied for that required a credit check including some expensive apartments INCLUDING Harlem river point north (the apt I was shown was too small- I literally walked in and saw the whole apartment and they never told me it was a studio and had the nerve to ask me what a single male would want with a 1 br. God forbid I'd want a wife). I then informed him that I was aware of the game he was playing (they obviously preferred someone/people over me) and I wished them luck. The lower level agent walked with me out and said he was glad that I had stuck up for myself because he and his supervisor also knew that my application wasn't liked from the very beginning.

I called the city resources (HPD) and they told me I had a very good case if my credit is what I said it was. I told her I had the credit report in front of me. She was ready to file a charge on my behalf I told her no because the result would be (if it went my way) to live in HRPS and have to deal with K And R and that that was no longer my desire. Then called a credit beareau about my credit report and they even reviewed it and said "the only reason they used those infractions is because they wanted someone else. I've never heard of people using a credit infraction from 10-15 years ago". However those infractions are now in the process of being removed.

Thank you all though for your info and I wish you the best of luck with your apartments. I'm being shown a 1 br in the Bronx on Monday and was given some log #s for other housing as well. I'll be keeping up and maybe we can all still have pot roast.
Wait a minute WHAT!?!? THAT'S COMPLETE BULL****. If you meet the income, and the infractions on your credit score were well over 10 years old, why would they use that against you. That's a bad move to make on their part they are complicating things. I have excellent credit, my credit score is a 781,and when they ran the credit I don't remember if it was a 7 out of 10 or an 8 out of 10 with a red flag. I looked at them like what company are YOU using for credit check. My interviewer said it wasn't a problem, and luckily it wasn't, but I would have been mad as hell.

What you need to do is appeal it. Fight it until the end

Old 04-18-2014, 03:26 PM

Mine was 7/10 also. However I'm good. Like I said if they're going to run scam like that I'd rather not go into business with them. My guy who tried to help (the lower level employee) even pleaded that I was finishing up a masters program (they made me sign school paperwork and made my school sign verification as well) to become a city administrator. I'm already a municipal employee. And yes I fell within every income requirement thy had set. Even with letters from my employer (whom they harassed for employment verification sending 1 page faxes (cover page)with nothing for her to sign so she faxed them a letter on city letterhead with her name her position her credentials and why I'd be a good tenant along with my salary how long I had been there etc - all to which was unacceptable to them however they did end up sending the right forms later that WEEK.

I called the guy when I got my official letter on Tuesday and he said he and his supervisor told their bosses that they were making a mistake. I thanked them for trying and wished them the best. I also said maybe this is why TK left like that and we all laughed. Lol.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:32 PM

One more thing I have to say I reserved all of my "anger and disbelief" for this forum. Everytime I was at their office I was calm non belligerent and treated everyone like they were my grandparent. However at the end I did let them know that something smelled fishy and it wasn't right but it was okay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery