Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2014, 02:31 PM

36 posts, read 85,801 times

Advertisements

The idea that the list is fluid is not surprising to me. When dealing with artists income factors can change suddenly and quickly. Somebody could pick up a TV show, or national commercial, or Broadway contract that could throw them right out of the income bracket in just a few paychecks, especially with the open-ended wait we are dealing with. It could also be why people seemed to get told different things about what types of apartments were available and what were not during various building/unit tours, because that could change each time they go to review financial records. Heck, even the way the preference group works you could have somebody who gets a raise at their survival job and suddenly the 50% of income coming from the arts ratio could be off, which would disqualify them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 02:52 PM

93 posts, read 248,756 times
I don't know, everybody. I really try to be Positive, but, My gut tells me Sidd Hartha is Right, with his perspective on all this. (see his Posting on pg.22).
Related DID agree to handle this "Performers Building" in exchange for landing majority of developing deals for Hudson Yards. I really think it won't hurt to write to the Mayor and ask to have this building/its process to get us in, Investigated.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:57 PM

It just doesn't make sense, financial sense, that a new building would be "put on hold indefinitely." You got contractors to pay, etc. And real estate land in NYC is expensive. To go to all the trouble to build this, and promote thru Public Relations how great Related is for building this "Performers Building", blah blah blah, then just let it sit……it just doesn't make sense.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:03 PM

And Tjayn, we received a letter, dated 7/16/14 which stated…"we will immediately contact you once a formal offer can be extended and will work with you to facilitate your lease signing and move-in."
So there you have it, IN WRITING, from Related, that we are set, (though we don't know WHEN), TO MOVE IN.
So tell your "friend" to stop/don't rain on our Parade, man! WE ARE IN!!! (it just may not be soon).

Last edited by HangingByaThread; 09-04-2014 at 03:12 PM..

Old 09-04-2014, 04:31 PM

26 posts, read 96,572 times
No one is in until they open the building and determine at that point whether people are still eligible based on their financial stats. It's not raining on anyone's parade. It's reality. That letter (I got it, too) promised nothing. "When a formal offer can be extended" means if everything is in order for everyone the day they open the building--meaning everyone meets the requirements financially, etc. The idea that any of us is "set" is whimsical.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:24 PM

I know what the letter means, NYkr14. No need to go "attorney" on us. :/ I choose to focus on the part of the letter that states…"and will work with you to Facilitate your Lease signing and move-in." Yep, as long as we LOTTERY WINNERS stay within the eligibility requirements, which I do and will continue to do so, we are "set". Guess I'm whimsical. Thanks for the compliment! See you other whimsical guys in the Conference room soon for that party get-together!

Old 09-04-2014, 08:04 PM

Soooo, if 529 Building is supposed to be a "100% Affordable Housing", and Related isn't "ready" for us Performers (70%), Cb'ers (15%) and "Elderly" (15%) to move in yet, due to construction/codes/city certificates of occupancy or whatever reason…umm, WHY is advertising being done all over the Internet, via various websites, to rent commercial space on the FIRST FLOOR? I cut & paste just ONE, of many websites advertising 529 Building space….
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NYCspaces.com
Earl Bateman 212-253-0354
Commercial Real Estate Done Right

New construction 11,000 SF Gallery Space – Spectacular Gallery Space in West Chelsea North
529 West 29th Street – West Chelsea
Available 2014
11,000 SF – Ground & Lower Level Fl – Full Floor
Duplex space with 42' of frontage and 4,000 RSF on the ground floor and 7,000 RSF of selling space on the lower level. Ceiling Heights ranging from 10'-22' throughout this dramatic space, can be delivered with a private elevator, ADA bathroom and HVAC. Possible divisions considered.
Click to Contact Earl Bateman about this listing
Updated: March 11, 2014
529 West 29th Street

As the head of R&A's Fine Arts practice, Earl leverages his experience in the art world to help Gallerists and Arts Institutions identify the best solutions for their programs. His extensive experience as a gallery director and long career in the media arts provides him with the ability to rapidly assist organizations in identifying the right spaces in the right locations for users across the entire spectrum of the art world. Earl's focus also extends in to the retail spaces where his experience and understanding of branding, location and adjacencies helps retailers find the right locations for their business. Visit Lease Gallery Space in New York | nycArtspaces ~ The Source for NY Gallery Space to Lease. to learn more about available gallery spaces.
Earl's ability to help clients with complex use requirements allows him to assist retail and office clients who need a broker to fully comprehend their specific needs and carefully package and present to ownership's who might otherwise be unable to comprehend the value of their tenanacy.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:21 PM

26 posts, read 96,572 times
I have a question for anyone out there. In my case (and maybe others' as well): Related is going by projected yearly income to determine my eligibility. They have my income for this year set at a certain amount based on the last six months--that is, January-June (June being the last month they asked for paperwork). My last quarter for this year (October-December) is going to be different from what was projected; one part of my income is going up, another down. I think I was told they will ask me for a new projection for the rest of the year (September-December). Does anyone know if that's the case? Has anyone filled out a new projection of income for the rest of this year? Thanks.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:00 PM

16 posts, read 37,323 times
hey guys. so i decided to take a deeper look at the 28 requirements for holding up the c/o. I actually found a very useful resource, the required items reference guide. https://www1.nyc.gov/html/dob/downlo..._ref_guide.pdf

It says exactly what must be done to get each requirement fulfilled. Many of you have noted that there is no schedule inspection listed. As I said once before, my theory was that a Buildings Inspector has already certified all the things he is needed for, and these other requirements are actually other departments that need to sign off, and this document basically confirms that. The c/o page on the DoB website only seems to list whena DoB inspector is scheduled for an appointment, and since they dont need one, the fact there is no appointment is not a sign of any trouble.

I would assume if someone wanted to call each department or division and find out if steps have been made but not listed on the DoB, that might be useful.

Here are all the remaining requirements, and what the reference guide says must be done to approve them, as well as the contact info i could find for the divisions mentioned (most found here : Department of Buildings - Contact the Buildings Department)

* ENVIRONMENTAL 'E' DEP NOTICE OF SATISFACTION - DEP must approve all work completed pursuant to a Notice to Proceed to ensure that the completed work satisfies environmental requirements. -- Submit DEP Notice of Satisfaction. DEP - Contact Us
This seems to be something that must be arranged with the DEP, and would not show progress on the DOB website.

CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY - Submit CO Application (PW-6) to CO Unit. (212) 393-2552
Interestingly, it appears an official c/o can be issued even if some of these other things are not finished. it is odd that this paperwork does not seem to show up in the jobs folder.

SITE SURVEY: FINAL - A final survey conducted by a licensed surveyor is required to ensure that all construction, street improvements, and related work on the site were completed per approved plans. -- Submit final survey sealed by surveyor and signed by PE/RA of record.
Also would not require a DOB inspector. There is probably someone on retainer at Related who does this.

BPP: FINAL SIGNOFF- Please note: all Builders Pavement Plan Required Items are not listed in the Guide. Additional BPP Required Items will be incorporated in future editions of the Guide.
(The approval for this was required by the "design commision" so this would probably be a letter from them.)

DEMOLITION (DM) JOB SIGNOFF- If an application to perform demolition work is filed, the job must be signed off to ensure that the demolition work was completed properly. -- BIS system must reflect demolition job in “X” status (signed off).
As far as i can tell, all DM jobs on BIS related to this building are in X status.

STREET TREE SIGNOFF - To ensure that the proposed number of trees was planted properly or payment into tree fund was made, DOB requires sign-off documentation from the Parks Department.
• Submit signed-off tree planting
permit from DPR, and/or
• tree fund payment receipt from
DPR, and/or
• 30-day off-site locatio n
Contact Parks : NYC Parks
Also, isnt it nice to know that we are maybe getting a tree!

AS-BUILT ENERGY ANALYSIS (EN2) - ???

FINAL PLUMBING SIGNOFF - A signoff from the Plumbing Division is required to ensure that completed work passes DOB’s Plumbing inspection. -- Schedule Plumbing inspection or
conduct self-certified inspection. Obtain signoff.
Plumbing Inspection Appointments: (212) 393-2550

FINAL ELECTRICAL SIGNOFF- A signoff from the Bureau of Electrical Control is required to ensure that completed work passes DOB’s Electrical inspection. -- Schedule Electrical inspection. Obtain signoff.
Electrical Inspection Appointments
(for licensed electricians):
Manhattan: (212) 393-2462

FINAL CONSTRUCTION SIGNOFF- A signoff from the Construction Division is required to ensure that completed work passes DOB’s Construction inspection. -- Schedule Construction inspection. Obtain signoff.
Construction Inspection Appointments:
Manhattan: (212) 393-2553

VERIFY TAX LOT - Certification from the Real Property Assessment Division of the Dept of Finance is required to ensure that tentative tax lots have been finalized. -- Submit certified copy of tax map from Department of Finance.
Contact Finance

CO OBJ: VERIFY ADDRESS-TOPO STAMP- Obtain house number verification stamp on back of PW-1 from Topographic Unit of Borough President's Office. Submit stamp with PW-1.
As far as I can tell, this was in fact submitted on 6/25.
http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/BS...de=ES790505553

VIOLATIONS SEARCH
This seems to be an automated process.

OPEN APPLICATIONS SEARCH
This seems to be an automated process

FOLDER REVIEW
This seems to be an automated process.

PLACE OF ASSEMBLY (PA) SIGNOFF N -File PA application for new or modified interior/exterior layout. • On the PW-1 for the PA application, identify the job number of the related NB/Alt 1 in Sec. 6. • Obtain PA application signoff or provide letter of completion.
Seems to have been fulfilled, aside from letter of completion.

SPRINKLER (SP) SIGNOFF - ???

STANDPIPE (SD) SIGNOFF - ???

ELEVATOR JOB SIGNOFF - Obtain Elevator job signoff from Elevator division or provide letter of signoff.
Elevator Applications: (212) 393-2144
Technical Questions: (212) 393-2144
280 Broadway, 4th Floor
Elevator:
Customer Service: (212) 393-2144
General Inquires: elevatordivision@buildings.nyc.gov
Appointment: Online Elevator Appointment Request Form

DETECTOR:SMOKE-CERT. OF INSTALLATION - Indicate location of smoke detectors on plans, Where required to be hardwired, submit letter from electrician orP.E/R.A. indicating compliance.

EQUIPMENT USE PERMITS
basicall requires a PW-4 to be filed, which i don't see in the jobs folder. not sure who to contact about that.

BOILER (BL) SIGNOFF - Obtain BL signoff from Boiler division and provide letter of completion.
Boiler Division
Customer Service: (212) 393-2661
Technical Director: (212) 393-2697
boilersinfo@buildings.nyc.gov

DETECTOR:CARBON MONOXIDE-CERT.OF INSTALL - Indicate location of carbon
monoxide detectors on plans, Where required to be hardwired, submit letter from electrician orP.E/R.A. indicating compliance.

FA - FDNY APPROVAL : FD-FAA - Obtain a letter of approval from FDNY Bureau of Fire Prevention per procedures outlined in OPPN 3/91.

CURB CUT (CC) SIGNOFF -Obtain all required Department of Transportation permits. --Provide letter of completion.

FIRE ALARM TEST - Obtain FDNY approval letter prior to DOB approval. - Obtain FA application signoff from FDNY and provide letter of completion.

COFO-OBJ-NEED-CORRECT-FLS-ON-SCHEDULEA-FROM (GND)ALSO-RESIDENTIAL-PORTIONON-YOUR-SCHEDULE A-SHOULD-BE(2-8)UNIT-IS (13) AND-(9-14-UNIT-SHOULD-BE (8).
As far as i can tell this was submitted on 6/25. http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/BS...de=ES671665330

That's my research on all this. Again, not clear who is at fault for these delays, but its clear that there isnt any real issues, just some very simple paperwork that needs to be handled by different departments, that could not be done by the inspector when the temp c/o was filed. It probably just takes a while for all this paperwork to make its way through all the proper channels in the proper order.

Hope everyone is doing well otherwise. Hoping for a call in the next couple of weeks.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:05 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HangingByaThread View Post
Soooo, if 529 Building is supposed to be a "100% Affordable Housing", and Related isn't "ready" for us Performers (70%), Cb'ers (15%) and "Elderly" (15%) to move in yet, due to construction/codes/city certificates of occupancy or whatever reason…umm, WHY is advertising being done all over the Internet, via various websites, to rent commercial space on the FIRST FLOOR? I cut & paste just ONE, of many websites advertising 529 Building space….
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Above post was snipped for brevity.

Advertising was done for the lottery to fill residential units and so forth, so what is the problem. Residential and commercial real estate is often marketed "pre sale" as it were with nothing more than floor plans to go upon.

The advert posted says nothing about when the space will be available for leasing, rents, or any other information other than marketing really. So again do not see any evil intent and it happens all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery