Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 10:08 PM

929 posts, read 1,660,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakejones View Post
i'm guessing you haven't been to the garden since 1984

Not a Knicks or Rangers fan, and why go there for concerts or boxing when I can go to Barclays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 10:29 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,738,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby BK View Post

Not a Knicks or Rangers fan, and why go there for concerts or boxing when I can go to Barclays?
They pretty much gutted the place and rebuilt it from the inside over the past 3 years. The food is pretty much all high end now. And that's the problem because that comes with high end prices

Old 01-23-2014, 10:33 PM

929 posts, read 1,660,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
They pretty much gutted the place and rebuilt it from the inside over the past 3 years. The food is pretty much all high end now. And that's the problem because that comes with high end prices
And high end prices at MSG are in a whole different stratosphere from high end prices at Barclays. At least when it comes to tickets.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:23 PM

655 posts, read 1,993,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
too bad the basketball team's caliber of play this season isn't as high end as the food..

Old 01-24-2014, 01:02 AM

275 posts, read 572,776 times
Food prices are insane at these arenas. I usually eat first and just grab a drink and snack which alone might cost 20+.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:20 AM

89 posts, read 151,048 times
It's an awesome venue. The surrounding area is nice with lots of fun places to eat and drink. There will be a lot of other folks there and the subway is right there. 5th Ave is good for places to eat. Go to the show, have a great time.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:46 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,778,387 times
Only two times at barclays, both for WWE and will be back again in March for WWE

Old 01-25-2014, 01:32 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,488,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
A friend of mine invited me to go to a concert at Barclay Center. It is going to be on Valentine's Day. The concert is going to be at 8:00 PM if I'm not mistaking. So I would like to know if the surrounding area is ghetto? It is my first time there. Also, would it be dangerous for me to go by train at that time if I'm going to Brooklyn from the Bronx or would you recommend me going to Barclay Center by car? What say you? Inputs are highly appreciated thanks.

More info: I can be dropped off at the train station in the Bronx.
Its ugly. I want a Beaux arts revival but its too expensive.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:06 AM

445 posts, read 1,449,843 times
I live in the neighborhood and it's very safe. I would recommend taking the subway rather than driving. There are parking lots in the area but the prices are jacked up for events. I've been there twice - for Leonard Cohen and for the Rolling Stones (yep, I'm old!). It was great because it's a 5 or 10 minute walk home for us. Yes, the concessions are expensive. I had drinks there but not food - we live so close that I'm not going to waste money on the concessions.

Many people in the neighborhood had doubts about how Barclays would affect the area (noise, traffic) but overall there have not been problems. My son goes to see Nets games and of course Jay-Z and the VMAs.

As a side note, I think it's funny that somebody who lives in the Bronx is worried that Prospect Heights/Fort Greene is ghetto!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City