Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2014, 08:18 AM

16 posts, read 26,544 times

Advertisements

anyone paid JANUAR rent?

i found Jan. rent envelopeat my mail box, but just same amount as usually. ( since i moved in middle of december)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 05:05 PM

6 posts, read 11,719 times
@ macedonia123 Did you move in yet? I am wondering if everyone have signed their lease yet. I am still waiting for a freaking call to sign the lease. I hope this is not like those cases where multiple people make a deposit for the same apartment and they have to go through another lottery process to pick and choose who's going to get the unit. On top of everything no one is answering our calls and emails. Our rep at Winn Comp. sucks as far as communication goes. This waiting is so painful.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:43 PM

125 posts, read 229,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottomfeeders View Post
@ macedonia123 Did you move in yet? I am wondering if everyone have signed their lease yet. I am still waiting for a freaking call to sign the lease. I hope this is not like those cases where multiple people make a deposit for the same apartment and they have to go through another lottery process to pick and choose who's going to get the unit. On top of everything no one is answering our calls and emails. Our rep at Winn Comp. sucks as far as communication goes. This waiting is so painful.
I'm still waiting to know if my paperwork has been approved. Did they tell you you've been approved to sign the lease or are you waiting for your paperwork to get approved? Did you get to see the apartment? This process is so frustrating! I just want to know if I should even hope, or if I should just move on. I checked my credit report and there are no inquiries on it. It's been two months. I don't know how long it usually takes to check credit, but this seems too long.

Old 12-30-2014, 06:47 AM

20 posts, read 42,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottomfeeders View Post
No I received a call last week the Rep told me that because of my income I no longer qualified. I work for the city and we recently received a raise through the union. I do not think they are familiar with the way union raises work therefore I'm not taking no for an answer. I'm still fighting and hope the additional paper work I sent them works . I'ts all in Gods hands now. What the other rep did tell me is tha they are extremly busy and they have to rent all the apartments by the end of the month.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:28 AM

To Rainbow yes I saw the apartment in August and I made a deposit 3 months before seeing the apartment LOL. I'm not sure they do credit check for everyone. The funny thing is I was approved before twice, or so I was told. It's been months and I'm waiting to know whether I'm "approved" again. There is no guarantee that these people will give us anything but we gotta keep waiting until we know for sure. I do hope this is all worth it.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macedonia123 View Post
No I received a call last week the Rep told me that because of my income I no longer qualified. I work for the city and we recently received a raise through the union. I do not think they are familiar with the way union raises work therefore I'm not taking no for an answer. I'm still fighting and hope the additional paper work I sent them works . I'ts all in Gods hands now. What the other rep did tell me is tha they are extremly busy and they have to rent all the apartments by the end of the month.
Oh wow! Yep It's all in God's hands. Well it is the end of the month tomorrow and I hope they haven't given the apartment I've seen to someone else LOL, that would be devastating. I wish us all the best of luck.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:14 PM

4 posts, read 8,669 times
Today I signed my lease! I have to call tomorrow to schedule my move date. The building is nice, the apartments are wonderful. The process was LONG and tedious!! You really have to be on top of them (I emailed every other day)! Have faith!

Old 12-31-2014, 07:50 AM

20 posts, read 42,348 times
Thanks for your wishes and the update. Congratulations please let us know when is move in date.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:58 AM

16 posts, read 36,582 times
Anyone is using version fios? Is it good and fast? When can we have time warner?

Old 01-03-2015, 07:45 PM

20 posts, read 60,025 times
I have Verizon it is good I got the internet and TV for 80 dollars no contract the TV is pretty fast but the internet takes around 30 seconds to sign on sometimes but other then that it is pretty fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery