Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 07:44 PM

40 posts, read 61,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searching4ARainbow View Post
Great. Thank you!
I just checked. It was a Certificate of Insurance. The moving company has to prove that they are insured in case something happens while they are moving you in. My company sent it to Ms. Villa about 10 days before I moved in. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 07:36 PM

125 posts, read 229,300 times
So how's the hot water and heat situation? I'm moving in in a couple of weeks. Just wondering if anyone is still having issues.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:46 PM

18 posts, read 49,298 times
Havent had any issues with the hot water...I am on the lower floors however, guess that makes some sort of difference. My heat has never read higher than 76 on the thermostat but, does "feel" surprisingly warm on most occasions but, the actual temp/feel of the air blowing out does tend to be cool to the touch.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:29 AM
HY9

4 posts, read 5,217 times
Hi everyone, I received email for interview next week. I would like you to help me. Is interview is in Bronx? What is the address? I am worry it is fraud. Thanks!

Old 02-14-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HY9 View Post
Hi everyone, I received email for interview next week. I would like you to help me. Is interview is in Bronx? What is the address? I am worry it is fraud. Thanks!
Yes the interview is in the Bronx. Strange as it seems, when the building is in Queens why you have to go the Bronx, but that's the way it is. We had to go to Harlem for our first interview and the Bronx for the second interview, but because the building is already finished, you will probably only have to go to the Bronx. I don't have the address handy, but I if I remember correctly we took the #3 train to the Bronx to get there. The subway is a few blocks from the place. Good Luck!
***JUST FOUND THE ADDRESS IN AN EMAIL I HAD SENT. IT IS 79 ALEXANDER AND THE CORRECT TRAIN IS [SIZE=3]THE #6 TRAIN. 3RD AVENUE AND 138TH ST. IS THE CLOSEST STATION. ABOUT 4 BLOCKS FROM THE PLACE.[/SIZE]

Last edited by NYC Connect; 02-14-2015 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: Found the address and the correct train to take!!

Old 02-14-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1ne View Post
Havent had any issues with the hot water...I am on the lower floors however, guess that makes some sort of difference. My heat has never read higher than 76 on the thermostat but, does "feel" surprisingly warm on most occasions but, the actual temp/feel of the air blowing out does tend to be cool to the touch.
Our heat has also never read higher than 76 on the thermostat, so I now never put it higher than 76. I was putting it up to 80 and 85 hoping it would feel warmer, but it still stayed on 76. However, since it has been much colder these days, sometimes it does not even reach 76. It has read 73 and 74 recently and felt chillier than before. We live on a higher floor which probably makes it worse with the wind, but there are times we have to use a heater as well to feel warm now, especially with these "minus" feeling temperatures we have been having. Have you received an electric bill yet? I am worried with the heat on all the time, how much our electric bill will be. I've never had to pay for heat before. I also tend to keep it on a lower temperature when we go out as oppossed to turning it off, because it is freezing in the apartment when we do that. We have turned it off and come home to it reading 60 on the thermostat, but being that is the lowest reading that it will show, it could be even colder than that. Coming in from 10 degree weather to a freezing apartment is not fun. In our other building the heat was on all the time.
You might also be right about the water. Several people have told me about the water being cold. Probably it effects people living higher up more than the lower floors.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:32 AM

Default Corrected directions!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HY9 View Post
PLEASE SEE MY PREVIOUS POST. I GAVE YOU THE ADDRESS AND CORRECTED THE TRAIN THAT YOU SHOULD TAKE TO GET THERE.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:25 PM
HY9

4 posts, read 5,217 times
Thank you very much NYC Connect! I can stop worrying now.

Old 02-16-2015, 06:42 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,792,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Connect View Post
Our heat has also never read higher than 76 on the thermostat, so I now never put it higher than 76. I was putting it up to 80 and 85 hoping it would feel warmer, but it still stayed on 76. However, since it has been much colder these days, sometimes it does not even reach 76. It has read 73 and 74 recently and felt chillier than before. We live on a higher floor which probably makes it worse with the wind, but there are times we have to use a heater as well to feel warm now, especially with these "minus" feeling temperatures we have been having. Have you received an electric bill yet? I am worried with the heat on all the time, how much our electric bill will be. I've never had to pay for heat before. I also tend to keep it on a lower temperature when we go out as opposed to turning it off, because it is freezing in the apartment when we do that. We have turned it off and come home to it reading 60 on the thermostat, but being that is the lowest reading that it will show, it could be even colder than that. Coming in from 10 degree weather to a freezing apartment is not fun. In our other building the heat was on all the time.
You might also be right about the water. Several people have told me about the water being cold. Probably it effects people living higher up more than the lower floors.
From what I read about your building, the thermostat does nothing during the winter. So you shouldn't have a bill related to it during the winter. If you want the apartment to feel warmer, go out and purchase one or two 2 gallon warm air humidifiers. I am using one now with it being 18 outside. Before I turned on the humidifier the humidity level was 10% in the house and the floor felt chilly. Now the humidity level is 34% and floor is warm. Yet the inside temp did not change. We've changed from sweats to shorts due to this air change.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
From what I read about your building, the thermostat does nothing during the winter. So you shouldn't have a bill related to it during the winter. If you want the apartment to feel warmer, go out and purchase one or two 2 gallon warm air humidifiers. I am using one now with it being 18 outside. Before I turned on the humidifier the humidity level was 10% in the house and the floor felt chilly. Now the humidity level is 34% and floor is warm. Yet the inside temp did not change. We've changed from sweats to shorts due to this air change.
Interesting. So the warm air humidifier makes more sense than a heater?? What is a humidifier normally used for? Does it help people who have a harder time breathing or have lung problems or asthma? I like the part about sweats to shorts. We have been having really cold weather here...this morning the wind chills made it feel like minus 12. Not exactly usual for NYC. It would be nice not to have to wear so many clothes inside as well.
P.S. I was told that we would be paying for the electric that runs the fan in the thermostat and that it was best to keep it on auto as opposed to lo, med, or high, cause on auto the fan does not come on as often.

Last edited by NYC Connect; 02-16-2015 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: Wanted to add something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery