Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2014, 08:29 AM

46 posts, read 51,613 times

Advertisements

Hey, ya'll.

Looking for advice on the safest and easiest way for two good-lookin' young women to get from 42nd btwn 10 & 11th to the Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave in Brooklyn) after 8pm on a weekend to see a live show. From out of town and not at all familiar with the subway, but not opposed to it if it's a good ride.

Or is it better to take a cab or some other mode of travel? Have a good bit of street smarts, but unfamiliar territory. We also have a car, but I'm trying to avoid driving if I can.

Conversely, the ride home (back to 42nd) also poses an issue. Will be at least midnight - easy to get a cab?

Last edited by TheyCallMeSunshine; 04-04-2014 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: misspelled wythe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 08:38 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,333,559 times
Either the 7 to the G or the 2/3 to the L.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:38 AM

2,848 posts, read 7,588,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeSunshine View Post
Hey, ya'll.

Looking for advice on the safest and easiest way for two good-lookin' young women to get from 42nd btwn 10 & 11th to the Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave in Brooklyn) after 8pm on a weekend to see a live show. From out of town and not at all familiar with the subway, but not opposed to it if it's a good ride.

Or is it better to take a cab or some other mode of travel? Have a good bit of street smarts, but unfamiliar territory. We also have a car, but I'm trying to avoid driving if I can.

Conversely, the ride home (back to 42nd) also poses an issue. Will be at least midnight - easy to get a cab?

You're going from one safe area to another safe area....

A couple options though there are others:

Take the E or 7 train queens bound and get off first queens stop (court square) to transfer to the g. take the G to nassau avenue and walk.

Take the A/C/E to 14th street and transfer to the L. Get off at Bedford and walk.

The area you're going to is crowded with young people and popular on the weekend.

If you personally don't feel comfortable, you can get a cab home, but it can be kind of tough on the weekend. I recommend going to bedford or manhattan avanue if you're going to try. There are also gypsy cabs.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:28 AM

Thank you!!! I love google maps. Found the stations you mentioned. From the looks of it, I may have to lay off the pot before I get there.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:42 AM

2,848 posts, read 7,588,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeSunshine View Post
Thank you!!! I love google maps. Found the stations you mentioned. From the looks of it, I may have to lay off the pot before I get there.

Lines at Brooklyn Bowl can be long depending on the band, by the way. And it's a hipster/ popular area. The train(s) you will be on will have lots of people like yourself.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:33 AM

Default Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Either the 7 to the G or the 2/3 to the L.
Wanted to thank you so much for your advice. We followed these directions on the subway and got there safe n sound. And had a blast in the process.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:35 AM

Default Great advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc33433 View Post
Lines at Brooklyn Bowl can be long depending on the band, by the way. And it's a hipster/ popular area. The train(s) you will be on will have lots of people like yourself.
Thank you thank you for your comments - we ended up standing in line at the Bowl for 15 minutes. The line didn't move at all so we aborted mission and spent the evening dancing at the Whiskey Brooklyn up the street. Had a great time and met some nice people along the way.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:18 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,214,526 times
Just curious here. Were you heading there to see Alan Evans Trio (they go by PlayOnBrother now too)? We keep trying to go when they are in town. One of members is a dear friends son.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:04 AM

Default Play On Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Just curious here. Were you heading there to see Alan Evans Trio (they go by PlayOnBrother now too)? We keep trying to go when they are in town. One of members is a dear friends son.
Hi - yes, we were trying to see them and Turquaz (opening for Alan). Bummed that we didn't get in as I'm sure it was a great show. You could hear the bass thumping when you walked by. But we did end up having a blast anyway, so it all worked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City