Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 10:30 AM

2,351 posts, read 1,744,862 times

Advertisements

I'm visiting NYC from San Francisco. Years ago a friend of mine recommended Tel Aviv Limo service, and when I used it it was great - a good price, a nice comfortable car, and good service.

Yesterday when I landed at Newark my Tel Aviv car reservation was disappointing. A bumpy ride to my hotel in the Bronx in a not-very-clean Toyota minivan. Not a comfortable car. It seems Tel Aviv is now owned by Dial 7. The ride was equivalent to a cab ride.

Can you recommend a good car service at a good price and value that you have actually used recently? I fly out on Sunday and need to make a reservation.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 11:06 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,411,818 times
I have had good luck with Boston Coach, though the service is quite a bit more expensive than the Dial 7 companies. Many of the bargain services are basically the equivalent of a dispatched cab. It's highly variable as to the driver/car.

As I was typing this, I asked a friend of mine what service they use as was told that WiroLimo is a good company, though you have to book online with them. They are a good value, too, flat-rate to the airports, from my friend's recommendation, $65+tip, which is less than half the cost of a limousine company with a professional chauffeur.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 04-12-2014, 12:25 AM

Thanks, bmwguydc.

BostonCoach is a little pricey. My Tel Aviv / Dial 7 ride from Newark / EWR was $95, + $20 tip to the Bronx, basically Yankee Stadium. To return, BostonCoach is saying it's $150, plus tip.

WiroLimo looks like it might be more reasonable.

I wonder what a basic cab fare is between Newark/EWR and Yankee Stadium, does anyone know?

Old 04-12-2014, 12:42 AM

298 posts, read 707,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo7tango View Post
Thanks, bmwguydc.

BostonCoach is a little pricey. My Tel Aviv / Dial 7 ride from Newark / EWR was $95, + $20 tip to the Bronx, basically Yankee Stadium. To return, BostonCoach is saying it's $150, plus tip.

WiroLimo looks like it might be more reasonable.

I wonder what a basic cab fare is between Newark/EWR and Yankee Stadium, does anyone know?
It's something like $75-$100+tip+return tolls from Manhattan to EWR. You should consider taking the subway to Penn Station and then taking a train to Newark Airport. It is 28 minutes out of Penn Station and will be less than $20 all in.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:58 AM

43,689 posts, read 44,435,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballervision View Post
It's something like $75-$100+tip+return tolls from Manhattan to EWR. You should consider taking the subway to Penn Station and then taking a train to Newark Airport. It is 28 minutes out of Penn Station and will be less than $20 all in.
Another option would be express bus service from Penn Station to New Newark airport.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:06 AM

Thanks for the feedback. We'll take the subway to Penn Stn, and train to EWR. We don't have a lot of luggage.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:12 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,092,718 times
take supershuttle is cheap and decent.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:14 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,411,818 times
You could also take Metro-North to Grand Central and meet the express bus to EWR, as that would save the subway, which can be a pain, even with minimal luggage.

Olympia Trails | Newark Airport Express

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: