Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2014, 08:36 AM

503 posts, read 898,833 times

Advertisements

Just recently moved into a nice place in the Bronx my building is great. Landlord is great. Everything is great. Many great people in the neighborhood. Chill atmosphere, very family oriented, great business owners. I've liked everyone I've met but today I couldn't help but look out of my 2nd floor window and see some ghetto f***ckn hood a$$ people standing outside. One with a durag and the other smoking. Idgaf about the smoking thing. But why in the hell do you chill with your friends in front of a f***kin building, smoking a cig and "chillin" with a honda civic's stereo blaring ghetto ***** music from the open doors. Why do you not INVITE the people into your damn apt like civilized beings? It's like now I am really pissed, because I left from Mott Haven pjs, a REALLY hood fkn place and now I see 2 undesirables who probably share a apt together in my building. I dont know how to feel about it, maybe they were just waiting for someone? who knows... But I am pissed. It's like you can't escape these people.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:42 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,373,343 times
If you actually wanted to escape those people, you should have left NYC altogether. You do realize you are still in the Bronx right? They are everywhere in NYC, unless you have the epic $$$$ to completely separate yourself from NYC reality. There is also the option to live in a private community like Silver Beach in Throggs Neck, but to them you are one of "those people" so that option is closed to you.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:44 AM

Yeah man I realize it. I guess I was fantasizing that I'd have the perfect building but it only took a week before I saw ALL of my neighbors, and these two idiots surfaced. I'm a sobro guy as well and boy does it suck being in the hood. I just don't understand why people can't just go to work, hang out and have their nightlife in the venues and when you come back to the block, go the **** upstairs into your apartment.

I hate sounding like I'm high-nosing anyone too, I've been in the ghetto far too long to learn the customs but it still baffles me that people think they have to behave in that way. They have no understanding of the long term repercussions.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:46 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,538,461 times
I'm gonna move to chinatown and then complain about all the chinese people there.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:48 AM

I live in the "hood" in Woodstock (across from Adams Housing projects) and it is rarely the case that I have to endure those clowns. Outside of the prime districts, it is really building by building and block by block, sometimes even in the "nicer" areas like Morris Park. In the future, you should stay away from any 5 story walk-up buildings because there are always these clowns either in the building or friends with someone in the building, and then it becomes your problem.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:49 AM

I hope my venting doesn't give you the false impression that I am that naive to forget it is the Bronx - Dumbo. I am merely just saying that even in the best neighborhoods the Bronx has to offer; they come out like cockroaches and I believe my frustration is justified.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I live in the "hood" in Woodstock (across from Adams Housing projects) and it is rarely the case that I have to endure those clowns. Outside of the prime districts, it is really building by building and block by block, sometimes even in the "nicer" areas like Morris Park. In the future, you should stay away from any 5 story walk-up buildings because there are always these clowns either in the building or friends with someone in the building, and then it becomes your problem.
It seems like these clowns are always in buildings like mine and the other 2 in the block. The rest are all private 2 family homes which do not produce any durag wearing cockroaches and high stereo concerts. In a ideal situation I was going for renting from a private house. I'm glad you don't have to deal with that Sobro. I know we sound like old guys waving the newspaper to the tune of "get off my lawn" but god dammit, it is a fair comparison.

Last edited by itsideal; 04-24-2014 at 10:05 AM..

Old 04-24-2014, 08:56 AM

I am well known in the nabe as the guy who waves his newspaper to shut down any annoyances, and the only reason I can do that is because we have been here since the 50s, so I know the ass clowns grandparents, parents, and them, and they know mine as well. I tend to use this standard: If they are willing to accept me in the building, it is probably not a place I want to live! LOL!

Old 04-24-2014, 09:05 AM

898 posts, read 1,218,352 times
Quote:
If you actually wanted to escape those people, you should have left NYC altogether. You do realize you are still in the Bronx right? They are everywhere in NYC, unless you have the epic $$$$ to completely separate yourself from NYC reality. There is also the option to live in a private community like Silver Beach in Throggs Neck, but to them you are one of "those people" so that option is closed to you.
"everywhere in NYC?" where i live in brooklyn, i do not have that issue at ALL. i do not see ghetto thugs nor do i hear them. in 27 years of living here, i have had a noise issue twice where the families were celebrating with loud noise inside their home. that's it. the bronx (in general, not the wealthy areas) is a vomit hole i would never visit again after being there in 2013 for work for a few months.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
I am well known in the nabe as the guy who waves his newspaper to shut down any annoyances, and the only reason I can do that is because we have been here since the 50s, so I know the ass clowns grandparents, parents, and them, and they know mine as well. I tend to use this standard: If they are willing to accept me in the building, it is probably not a place I want to live! LOL!
We need more people like this. Lol good standard to uphold. *****, you'd think the owner would at least take into consideration the characteristics of his tenants rather than judge solely based on credit report, (interviews anyone?). But who am I kidding, business is business and a green dollar is a green dollar no matter whose pockets it comes from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City