Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 09:20 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,751,772 times

Advertisements

It needs to be controlled because sooner or later more of them will show up if the cops doesn't do any sweeps and you might end up with fights or other issues because some kid needs room for doing his splits or tricks during rush hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 10:36 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,940,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Why be shy? I saw your comments about 'white pro ledge' on another post. Tie this article into racism as you really want to. Come on, you know if it was a bunch of white kids just trying to make a buck the cops wouldn't be hassling them. I never got my sidewalk lemonade stand raided when I was a kid

The fact is that white boys are not performing acrobatics in people's faces as the train moves and then demanding, again in people's faces, money for the "entertainment." Or at least never that I have seen.

That said, in fact, I saw the police confronting a few white musicians at 14th street - in the station, again, not flipping around and harassing people on the train - the other day.

They packed up and left immediately and while doing so nobody mentioned "race" as a reason for the police acting.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:47 AM

18,483 posts, read 31,684,723 times
I think this sort of entertainment is nothing but a nuisance on the subway platforms. people are coming home from a hard days work, the last thing they need to hear is singing and conga drums beating.

any kind of entertainment on the subways to me is simply annoying. i dont want to hear it.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:11 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,926,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I think this sort of entertainment is nothing but a nuisance on the subway platforms. people are coming home from a hard days work, the last thing they need to hear is singing and conga drums beating.

any kind of entertainment on the subways to me is simply annoying. i dont want to hear it.
Agreed. These kids should just take their acts into some random park in Manhattan and perform there if they really want to.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:30 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

I can't tell you how many times I thought I was in "The Matrix" having to lean back so I didn't get a freaking sneaker in the face. They've come very close to almost hitting people.

And I totally agree about singing and drums. One night on my way home, and it happen to be one of those "lets see how much crap Bella can take in one day" when a Mariachi band got on the train. I wanted to just crawl up on the floor and cry lol..but I didn't because we know how skeevy those floors are

Oh, and there's this chick that sets up her mic and amp at the stop in my building. Maybe she thinks she sounds good in her bathroom...not so much in the subway.

(I do admit though that I like the Peruvian ones. I find the music soothing )

Old 08-02-2014, 12:47 PM

25,387 posts, read 37,130,658 times
I hope they jail the dumb bastard who does the backflips before he cracks open some passengers skull.

Yes, this is a better use of cops than beating people to death for selling single cigarettes.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:48 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,416,463 times
smh

Old 08-02-2014, 09:06 PM

10,224 posts, read 19,245,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
The fact is that white boys are not performing acrobatics in people's faces as the train moves and then demanding, again in people's faces, money for the "entertainment." Or at least never that I have seen.
I've seen a white "subway acrobat".

Old 08-02-2014, 09:41 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,369,102 times
Yes get rid of them. They are annoying and a nuisance. Plus since "A lot of people have jumped onto the hustle", its best to put a stop to this before it gets worse.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:02 PM

725 posts, read 807,027 times
Arrest is a huge overreach and abuse of power that hi-lights the ridiculousness of the police state. If they do such a disturbing dance then issue a ticket. But don't arrest someone and put them in the system for something like this. Rapes, murders, assault and battery, vandalism and theft should be the focus for the system, not petty things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: