Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 01:40 PM

41 posts, read 59,678 times

Advertisements

it a pay hike for me just starting

Old 08-10-2014, 01:49 PM

73 posts, read 109,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
are you out of your mind? It's not that bad. I work 3 jobs and my wife works to pay the mortgage lol
Sounds like you need to transfer out of fbf and get some truck money going for yourself then.

Old 08-10-2014, 02:14 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 shorts and a long View Post
Sounds like you need to transfer out of fbf and get some truck money going for yourself then.
The other job pays more than truck money lol

Old 08-10-2014, 02:36 PM

15 posts, read 33,664 times
Junior Scum Uniform Preferences:

Gloves - I use viper gloves with cotton liners, non rubber coated is my preference. The safety glove version is the same thing. Some people have gu gloves, others use liners for recycling, others have mlp gloves. I keep it simple, I don't touch the steering wheel with my work gloves or bare hands. I don't trust my work gloves without liners, even though I know they're just as dirty haha!

Shirts - I have about 4 yellow shirts that I alternate, I never wear the green t shirts unless I'm doing gu work. Sometimes in the summer, the t-shirts and vest are cooler than the yellow shirt but I can't stand the vest. All of my button ups are brand new. I guess I'll use them if I work a parade.

Pants - The pants in the stores suck. I wear dickies in lincoln green. I have 5 pairs. Don't get the dark green, cell phone pocket ones until off probation. I have the expensive green rain pants from varsity in the bronx. So far, they're pretty durable and hold up though I do work more careful in them not to rip them. I wear mesh shorts underneath or I'll sweat my balls off.

Boots - I wear 8 inch waterproof boots. I don't trust zip ups because I had a pair and the salt in the winter ate the lining and made them water welcoming. The extra height is good for accidental splashes. Shorter boots suck because your pants will go inside and the ends are always filthy. One splash of water or dog urine and your day is ruined. For really rainy or cold snowy days, I wear muck chore. I have the summer cool version because my feet don't get cold in the winter and I can wear them year round. Combined with my rain pants, I never get wet socks. If you're in a relay garage, a set of relay boots may be necessary because some dumps are really dumps! Doesn't really matter what they are. When going out of town, I put my boots in a cardboard box in my car. Once they've been to the dump, they're not allowed near anything.....

I find rain coats useless, too hot, hood doesn't stay up, then gets filled with water and goes down your neck. Everything else including the 2 in 1 jacket suck. I only wear the thermal zip up hoody in the winter and layer as necessary.

Tl;dr I use Vipers, with cotton liners, alternate 4 yellow shirts, and dickies pants and wear tall boots 99% of the time. I wear the thermal hoody in the winter and use muck chore boots and rain pants with shorts when necessary.

Last edited by MaZ-X; 08-10-2014 at 02:45 PM..

Old 08-10-2014, 03:06 PM

48 posts, read 121,037 times
sounds like postal uniform.. wear the rain coat and sweat you ass off. don't wear it and get soaked.. either way you are a mess at the end of the day. what is gu work?

Old 08-10-2014, 03:11 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuGaTZ View Post
sounds like postal uniform.. wear the rain coat and sweat you ass off. don't wear it and get soaked.. either way you are a mess at the end of the day. what is gu work?
Garage utility. You stay in and handle various stuff. Changing tires, transporting trucks and people, towing trucks once wrecker qualified, washing trucks, playing tag with weps etc

Old 08-10-2014, 03:17 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuGaTZ View Post

And that's why the worst days on this job bar none are rainy days. Especially non stop soakers.

Old 08-10-2014, 03:19 PM

so we are trained to drive all equipment including wrecker? sorry for all the questions. just want to go in knowing as much as i can.. when i got hired for PO i was handed a bag and told to follow the mail. if i got lost make a right
LOL

Old 08-10-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
And that's why the worst days on this job bar none are rainy days. Especially non stop soakers.
been there done that.. ive got off work took my shoes and socks off threw them in the garbage and drove home barefoot

Old 08-10-2014, 03:26 PM

73 posts, read 109,677 times
The rain definitely makes for a miserable day, doing collection in the snow is bad too, having to climb over the snow banks makes a 3 hour route into a 7 hour route. The best is when your truck has no heat in the winter... Oh what fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City