Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 03:10 AM

415 posts, read 515,536 times

Advertisements

I like that every ratard on the planet wants to live here and I can close my eyes and buy any piece of real property as long as a subway (or, bike lol!!!) can get you to Union Square in 25 minutes or less. Urban pioneers pray (3) times daily towards Union Square.

Right now, this very second, there are scores of thousands of still in the closet gay guys from their high school drama club and uber hot prom queens (from the same school) in small towns all over the country dreaming about moving to New York City. Many of them will be able to convince one of their grandparents to finance their 5 year staycation to either NYC or West Los Angeles.

You can make lots of money renting apartments to these dreamers. I love when their grandpa executes a rent guarantee. They usually attach their current Merrill Lynch account statement and I'm always blown away at just how much wealth "regular" white folks from Utah and Iowa possess. God bless their sweet little hearts!

Last edited by Citizenrich; 05-01-2015 at 03:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 12:48 PM

993 posts, read 1,388,434 times
Longlost friends and cousins from across this country and around the globe ask to "visit" me now. ("It's been so long..") I realize they are more interested in seeing my city than me. I pick and choose who I'll entertain.

If I actually ever liked them, I do house them. They're grateful for a pull-out couch in Brooklyn, "30 minutes by train to Manhattan." When they arrive, I can decide in the moment whether I feel like running around with them. If not, I just hand them breakfast, tourist info, point them to the subway and they're off.

If I don't want to be used as a free hotel, I tell them we're "an hour by train to Manhattan" and to think if they'd be happier with a hotel room (Manhattan $$$, LIC $$ or airbnb $). At that point, I never hear from them again, and I also have a good Wednesday, or whatever day they would have come.

Win. Win. Win.

Last edited by BrightRabbit; 05-01-2015 at 01:05 PM..

Old 05-01-2015, 01:11 PM

102 posts, read 146,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizenrich View Post
I like that every ratard on the planet wants to live here and I can close my eyes and buy any piece of real property as long as a subway (or, bike lol!!!) can get you to Union Square in 25 minutes or less. Urban pioneers pray (3) times daily towards Union Square.

Right now, this very second, there are scores of thousands of still in the closet gay guys from their high school drama club and uber hot prom queens (from the same school) in small towns all over the country dreaming about moving to New York City. Many of them will be able to convince one of their grandparents to finance their 5 year staycation to either NYC or West Los Angeles.

You can make lots of money renting apartments to these dreamers. I love when their grandpa executes a rent guarantee. They usually attach their current Merrill Lynch account statement and I'm always blown away at just how much wealth "regular" white folks from Utah and Iowa possess. God bless their sweet little hearts!
Lol.

Old 05-02-2015, 05:05 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,447,306 times
Food that all I'm going to say plus the fact you can get anything 24 hours a day is great also

Old 05-03-2015, 07:46 AM

898 posts, read 1,221,549 times
the only reason i stay in nyc is really because of the subway/bus system/walkable city. that's it. not having to own a car = a lot less money spent. yes rent offsets car ownership as would be in other states but i pay very little rent (just moved out) now. the supermarkets here have incredibly low prices (i have been to texas vegas and miami supermarkets to compare) and there are so many of them. even fruits are incredibly cheap. i just bought a marathon brand mango yesterday from food dynasty for 1 dollar. that same quality mango was 1.79 in 1996 when i was a poor and broke kid and couldn't afford one. that same mango is also 2 bucks down in florida today, but not here in brooklyn. i also see such low prices in chinatown in manhattan. so yeah, a walkable city with super cheap food prices = awesome. also i forgot to mention the MANY places offering delicious fresh pizza slices for a buck a piece in many parts of manhattan. i love those. i personally hate brooklyn (i like mixed-race neighborhoods like new york city where anything goes and everyone's a freak, or a greedy guy ala wall street bankers) and plan on living in new york city one day if i can create the right situation one day with rent and income. but overall the boroughs and new york city offer this - walkable and no car required, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City