Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 07:24 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,218,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Remember too,

You get a crooked Congressman who doesn't pay his income tax.
The crooked Congressman who said he'd break the reporter like a boy? Yeah he resigned. But that's not because many Islanders wanted him to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 08:10 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieG View Post
The crooked Congressman who said he'd break the reporter like a boy? Yeah he resigned. But that's not because many Islanders wanted him to.
Just remember Grimm wasn't from SI. He was from Queens. The only reason we voted for him was because Reechia was an absolute train wreck and by keeping the seat Republican even now with Grimm stepping down we can field a stronger candidate than the Democrats can. The Democrats have a shot if Mike McMahon runs again, outside of that there is no body viable.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:14 PM

346 posts, read 383,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
Just remember Grimm wasn't from SI. He was from Queens. The only reason we voted for him was because Reechia was an absolute train wreck and by keeping the seat Republican even now with Grimm stepping down we can field a stronger candidate than the Democrats can. The Democrats have a shot if Mike McMahon runs again, outside of that there is no body viable.
Absolutely agree.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:59 PM

929 posts, read 1,660,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
Grimm played the "I have a Sicilian mother" card pretty often, from what I remember of his first run.

It's hardly his first scandal. I remember when he banged some girl in the bathroom at The Owl's Head bar in Bay Ridge.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:11 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,973,458 times
That's not a scandal! I did the same thing at Kettle Black.

Old 12-31-2014, 01:29 AM

929 posts, read 1,660,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
That's not a scandal! I did the same thing at Kettle Black.
Rep. Grimm, gal in bar bathroom for 17 minutes | New York Post

Congressman denies steamy romp in Brooklyn wine bar - NY Daily News

Michael Grimm Denies 15 Minutes in Bar Bathroom -- NYMag

Congressman Michael Grimm the center of attention amid tryst story, government shutdown | SILive.com

For Grimm, it was a scandal.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby BK View Post
Grimm played the "I have a Sicilian mother" card pretty often, from what I remember of his first run.

It's hardly his first scandal. I remember when he banged some girl in the bathroom at The Owl's Head bar in Bay Ridge.
Is that really a scandal? That's just another night for a single decent looking guy.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:27 AM

42 posts, read 65,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
During a Morning Joe appearance late last month, Chuck Todd, as we reported, described the congressional race on Staten Island as a "fight between mob families." - See more at: Todd Apologizes for Calling Staten Island Race 'Fight Between Mob Families'
Once again, more Italian duscrimination. I thought that after the recent events in Missouri, the US was against discrimination and pro-PC, but the population seems to exclude Italians from this. If Chuck Todd made a similar comment about Jews or blacks, his career would be over, and rightfully so.

Old 01-01-2015, 09:08 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,218,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanValJean24601 View Post
Once again, more Italian duscrimination. I thought that after the recent events in Missouri, the US was against discrimination and pro-PC, but the population seems to exclude Italians from this. If Chuck Todd made a similar comment about Jews or blacks, his career would be over, and rightfully so.
Where's the Italian outrage? Because it is said about Italians and they don't complain like other groups who do, when they are painted poorly by the media is whose fault?

Old 01-01-2015, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieG View Post
Where's the Italian outrage? Because it is said about Italians and they don't complain like other groups who do, when they are painted poorly by the media is whose fault?
No, not loudly enough. In many ways we gave ourselves this stereo type. I think Shows like Mob Wives and Jersey Shore are despicable and give Italians and Staten Islanders a bad rap. Can you imagine the out rage of there was a Jewish Jersey shore or a Black version of Mob Wives staring the baby mommas of gang members. The out rage would reach Washington D.C.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City