Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 07:42 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,266,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Your statements are full of contradictions which means you are a liberal. Giving out tax breaks to the big companies and tax breaks to the poor sounds exactly like the liberal agenda.
You can't read, which means you are a conservative. I did not say that so go back and re-read my statement. If you can't read, have your Granny read it to you.

Last edited by barkomatic; 04-08-2015 at 09:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 07:53 AM

295 posts, read 281,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTiberiusx View Post
i am still trying to figure out how he made his millions. Nobody can seem to tell me. He isnt from a rich family and his past jobs wouldnt net him millions of dollars. I dont get it.
Book sales, for one. Plus he's probably not an idiot with his money.

Obama earns millions from book sales - Washington Times

Old 04-08-2015, 09:43 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J R View Post
http://www.buzzfeed.com/darrensands/...-new-york-city

Where else would an elitist live... NYC
Is this now going to be a trend for ex-presidents to move to the Greater NYC Area?!

Old 04-08-2015, 02:21 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
To claim Chicago is the next Detroit is way unfair. The Pension issue is severe for the city and state of Illinois. But the city of Chicago is in good shape for a Northern former rust belt city. Its Downtown has been booming with new Residents and Gentrified neighborhoods still expanding.

Sadly Detroit really declined with NO gentrification before Bankruptcy. Chicago is really a vibrant city and if it could fix its financial issues largely due to the grandiose Pensions? It would really boom. Taxes are relatively high. Though not to the degree of NYC.

Tourist are impressed with visits to Chicago. How much cleaner it is then NYC and its beautiful Lakefront with beaches right Downtown.

YOU DO REALIZE? THE US GOVERNMENT BAILED OUT NYC IN THE 70s. OR IT WOULD HAVE WENT BANKRUPT.

CHICAGO DOWNTOWN PICTURES (THIS IS NO DETROIT)

NORTH SHORE SKYLINE OVER LINCOLN PARK AND HARBOR⤵

CHICAGO SKYLINE AND HARBOR DOWNTOWN⤵ OLD PICTURE (12 YEARS OLD) ⤵

ALONG THE CHICAGO RIVER⤵
The biggest problem for Chicago is the continuously declining population.If the population continues to decline as it has for the last 10 years or so it's financial problems will become unsolvable and the crisis will grow no matter what else it has going for it.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:29 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times
That's his business too.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:44 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
The biggest problem for Chicago is the continuously declining population.If the population continues to decline as it has for the last 10 years or so it's financial problems will become unsolvable and the crisis will grow no matter what else it has going for it.
I wonder why so many people leaving a great city like chicago but tons are coming in droves to live in philadelphia?

Old 04-09-2015, 07:50 AM

116 posts, read 220,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I wonder why so many people leaving a great city like chicago but tons are coming in droves to live in philadelphia?

Yeah alot of snap/section-eight recipients are moving to Philly, because either they got a transfer out or they sold their homes after like seven generations of condemnation & neglect. When Carbrini Green (da Greenz), were torn down by the city, I was happy. But when I found out that the City went and relocated the filth to Humboldt park, I was depressed about it. Humboldt park, didn't need them coming in & making the neighborhood even more dangerous than what it already was. Point is, philly, is already messed up as it is with their home grown criminals and now here comes "CHIRAQ" , & nem!

Old 04-09-2015, 02:03 PM

6,359 posts, read 8,833,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
To claim Chicago is the next Detroit is way unfair. The Pension issue is severe for the city and state of Illinois. But the city of Chicago is in good shape for a Northern former rust belt city. Its Downtown has been booming with new Residents and Gentrified neighborhoods still expanding.

Sadly Detroit really declined with NO gentrification before Bankruptcy. Chicago is really a vibrant city and if it could fix its financial issues largely due to the grandiose Pensions? It would really boom. Taxes are relatively high. Though not to the degree of NYC.

Tourist are impressed with visits to Chicago. How much cleaner it is then NYC and its beautiful Lakefront with beaches right Downtown.

YOU DO REALIZE? THE US GOVERNMENT BAILED OUT NYC IN THE 70s. OR IT WOULD HAVE WENT BANKRUPT.

CHICAGO DOWNTOWN PICTURES (THIS IS NO DETROIT)

NORTH SHORE SKYLINE OVER LINCOLN PARK AND HARBOR⤵

CHICAGO SKYLINE AND HARBOR DOWNTOWN⤵ OLD PICTURE (12 YEARS OLD) ⤵

ALONG THE CHICAGO RIVER⤵
I considered "Chicago is on it's way to being the next Detroit." a ROFLOL big time. Then again, I got a kick out of another poster saying Chicago wasn't "sophisticated enough".

I guess I am on the thread of The World's Greatest City And Center Of The Universe.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:36 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Gee, JR, sounds like you have an inferiority complex down there in Florida. Yeah, sorry that more presidents come to NY than Florida.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:21 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,926,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post

Chicago is not declining...the population increased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City