Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2015, 07:08 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,454,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post
Too many men recently craving a scoop of Vanilla lately. It's to do with the rapid changes in NYC, they never seen so many vanillas in tight pants LOL! Me, I'm about that Mocha and Chocolate like Bria Myles baby!
Delicious ��!

Why aren't more Black men into their native beauty? Nothing wrong with the snowflakes, but their are so many beautiful, sexy, Black, chocolate women to go around its a shame to let all of that talent go to waste.

Especially these African women. OP, the last time I was in the Bahamas I forgot all about White women. Beautiful, dark, exotic women, and they look like us. Unashamed to be dark too not apologetic like African American women. To each their own, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:52 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post
Too many men recently craving a scoop of Vanilla lately. It's to do with the rapid changes in NYC, they never seen so many vanillas in tight pants LOL! Me, I'm about that Mocha and Chocolate like Bria Myles baby!
Me? I love my olive, caramel and mocha colored ladies. Its been a while since I had chocolate lady. Probably may take a trip to Sosua or Boca Chica for a chocolate lady. But I agree with you man, too much vanilla ladies are walking on the streets of NYC with yoga pants as of lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
It a bit astonishing the insecurity and amount of whining in this thread. The best part of NYC is there is over a million single women in the surrounding area. Even if it rare to find the type of girl you like to be into you, your odds are significantly improved in finding her given you live in a big city. You just need to put yourself out there until you find her. But most of you have fragile egos and would rather spend your time complaining rather than seeking her out because you can't stand the thought of a women rejecting you. NYC is way more progressive when it comes to dating than if you lived in a small town.
I agree with this. The op needs to open up a bit and don't let race being a factor for choosing women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsogradbrad View Post
Well about those career minded types, not sure if I asked you this or not, but how would say an Asian or Indian guy who is a doctor and westernized fare in their eyes? Assuming these guys are more like Harold and Kumar in terms of personality and not fresh off the boat migrant types.

Ethnically I am mixed myself but for some reason I came out looking very brown.
Look if your career minded person and have an education, you should be able to meet a woman equal to you period. Also their is nothing monolithic about white women in NYC whether if she is suburban white middle American transplant, an immigrant from Eastern Europe or a local native Italian/Irish and the elite Wasp/Jew. Some of these women are no different than other types especially amongst the career driven types who are almost universally the same regardless of race. These white woman are going to have to compromise someday especially since white men are highly sought after especially from Asian and career driven black women with puffy hair. You need to step out of the box and put yourself out there, if a woman does not like you because of the color of your skin that is her fault, and also you need to open up yourself to other race of women even though you have a preference. At the end of the day any woman is better than no woman. The dating scene in NYC is just as competitive as the job market. She either likes you or not and could be for various reasons or just one.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:41 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Me? I love my olive, caramel and mocha colored ladies. Its been a while since I had chocolate lady. Probably may take a trip to Sosua or Boca Chica for a chocolate lady.
Was that you ???

Old 04-26-2015, 04:45 AM

OP, I'll put it this way and you can take it however you want to, but it reflects my own experience. Best way to meet White women, not just in NYC, but in any city/location/circumstance, is not to look for them. Don't look for them, don't pursue them. That's worked for me 20 years ago and it still happens today. When I was interested and actively looking nothing came my way so I focused my efforts elsewhere. There is also a lot to say in how you search as well, but that is a different conversation for a different thread.

Establish some type of repertoire; let them get to see you for who you really are. Start off as friends and then just let it proceed from there. You'll get your woman. With interracial relationships race is not as much as a factor as unfamiliarity. You seem like you want a woman that either would never be in an interracial, or never has before. I understand the sentiment. But in situations like that people need to get to know you first, truly know you, far more than if you were into another Black woman. Once they get to know you they may reciprocate the interest. It will be more than obvious (to them) that you're interested in them, but not so obvious as to whether or not they're interested in you. Take it slow allow their own natural curiosity to kick in. Show confidence, never let anyone know how you may feel about stuff you don't have a lot of control over (or cannot address overnight). Then you'll find the right one.

Now you can always go onto some dating website, or speed date, or meet someone on Facebook or Tinder, etc. But if you really want one you can keep for a while just ease yourself into it and don't over think anything. The minute you over think the situation is that hour you'll find yourself treading water trying to stay afloat.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:51 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,864,950 times
Just open your wallet and an account in Seeking Arrangement and you can date a caucasian woman in your own terms.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:28 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,403 times
OP, if you're not white yourself, you're wasting your time trying to get with white women here in NYC. Unless you have something really exceptional going for you - wealth, looks, power etc. - most likely you'll be invisible to them, and your advances will be coldly rebuffed.

Thing is, here in Manhattan (and let's face it - most of the young, attractive white women in NYC live and hang out in Manhattan below 96th) there are plenty of well to do, in shape white men that a white girl can avail herself of. What incentive does she have to venture outside the group she's most familiar and connected with? Sure, you do see inter-racial couples from time to time, but those relationships usually evolve over time, after she's gotten to know the guy for who he is without the freight of ethnic and racial stereotypes. In all my years of partying here I've never once seen an ethnic guy actually "pick up" an attractive white girl at a bar or club in NYC - and I've hung out just about everywhere below 96th: LES, EV, Soho, Tribeca, Meat Packing, UES, UWS, Midtown etc.

You *might* have some luck with European or Russian women visiting town - I've gotten lucky a number of times that way - or with some newly arrived transplants from elsewhere in the US, as others have indicated prior in this thread. Trying to combat years of cultural programming re. male aesthetics that your native born white girl has been subjected to, however, will be difficult to say the least, lol.

But really, I'd broaden my net a bit if I were you to include the Latinas, Asians, and Black women. Or just get used to wanking it, haha...

Old 04-26-2015, 09:20 PM

1,494 posts, read 2,722,235 times
It's not about race. Successful, wealthy women (regardless of race) aren't interested in being a trophy on the arm of someone less successful and less attractive then they are. That' 70% of it right there. It's rare for exceptions to be made, as it's easy for them to get easy sex from men of similar attractiveness and income level if they're not after a serious relationship. So they don't have to "slum it" if all they want is to get laid. Now that women have some high paying careers unlike generations of the past, men have to bring a lot more to the table to get their attention. Single, successful, attractive women would rather remain single than stuck with some loser who will only bring debt to the table or be a perpetual financial stone around her neck.

The more attractive and successful the women is, the more attractive and successful you will need to be just to get her attention. Hot, successful women don't trade down because they don't have to. The other 40% is personality, compatibility and sexual chemistry.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:16 PM

10 posts, read 26,395 times
I don't know where to begin. You have the OP sounding like a desperate self-pitying whiner and then there's the white guys in here acting like you have to be Will Smith in his prime to date one of their "precious white women". Get real. OP....if you come off like such a whiner in real life, it's no wonder you're having dating issues. To the other posters, all the innocent white chicks you think would never touch a minority man....a good chunk of them have probably done it already. They just know they would be ostracized by insecure white men, so they pretend they haven't to soothe your frail ego. OP....you live in NYC. Do you not see the hundreds of interracial couples on the streets? If you're attractive, physically fit, educated, employed, interesting, and have your own place, you should have no problem meeting women. Regardless of race. Maybe Blair Waldorf doesn't want you but, so what? Find one who does.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:29 AM

I can tell from the OP initial post how he comes across to WW. I can also tell that they're enjoying the attention of his pursuit, but he would probably be the nice guy that finishes last, or he finishes on the low where no one else knows about it, etc, and he wants to be the boyfriend or the guy they are okay with being seen with.

The OP has to expand his options. New York women are WAY easier to talk to outside of New York than they are in the city. Sure they can always talk superior about the fact they're from NYC, but that has never been my experience.

Another option might be Black women whose only "Blackness" is her dark skin. Culturally, they normally date White Men because they're often unsure of themselves around Black Men, but they secretly want the attention of Black Men, even if it is just to shoot him down and reject him, say they only date WM, etc. If you're secure in your identity as a BM, you can work around that. Either way the experience is very similar to what you can expect from WW that don't normally talk to BM, so of you're a bit rusty in your approach its worth a shot. Plus you get the best of both worlds; a cool, eclectic Black chick with the personality of a WW, plus she is conscious of the Black experience in ways the WW is not (or only understands on an intellectual level).

Old 04-27-2015, 06:49 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaalikRey View Post
I don't know where to begin. You have the OP sounding like a desperate self-pitying whiner and then there's the white guys in here acting like you have to be Will Smith in his prime to date one of their "precious white women". Get real. OP....if you come off like such a whiner in real life, it's no wonder you're having dating issues. To the other posters, all the innocent white chicks you think would never touch a minority man....a good chunk of them have probably done it already. They just know they would be ostracized by insecure white men, so they pretend they haven't to soothe your frail ego. OP....you live in NYC. Do you not see the hundreds of interracial couples on the streets? If you're attractive, physically fit, educated, employed, interesting, and have your own place, you should have no problem meeting women. Regardless of race. Maybe Blair Waldorf doesn't want you but, so what? Find one who does.
/End thread. Maalik, you're the man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City